2023 Week 15 All Around the NFL game thread

NFLfan

Denver @ Detroit  

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

• The Lions
    • The Broncos
    • Neither

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2023 at 02:00 AM

The entertaining part, watching the fanbases of teams that win like this get hyped up as though this is not an outlier.

Stick made a couple of nice touchdown throws against the Raiders second string defense.  But most of the time he was staring down his check as soon as he got the ball.  

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

My Corgi fell asleep on my stomach. I am now obligated to sleep on the coach for fear of moving and waking him. 

My Cat does that all the time 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They could unless they keep running. Even if they brought Jimmy G in, there would not be a drop off which is funny. 

They should've brought Jimmy G as second stringer, giving some break to Aiden O'Connell... 

I can't believe Richard Sherman actually advocated for Staley's firing. Come on now. If someone criticized Sherman, he would not like it.

Things got so bad for the Chargers that Amazon Prime NFL television analyst — and former All-Pro cornerback — Richard Sherman called for the team to fire Staley at halftime.

"This is one of the worst first halves I’ve seen from a team," Sherman said. "It just looks like they’ve given up. They quit. They’ve packed their bags.

"Brandon Staley, I hate to say this because you don’t ever want to call for somebody’s job. But they should fire—they should make history. They should fire him at halftime. I’ve never seen a team come out this uninspired.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/raiders-embarrass-chargers-with-historic-first-half-en-route-to-63-21-blowout-win-043052918.html

The Raiders walked all over the Chargers on Thursday.

Crazy but true and we even had that 4-12-1 season last year and still have a better record over the last 4 years.

That actually underscores how badly Herbert's rookie years have been wasted, if they have similar record with Colts who have juggled more QBs than a street performer does!

Every game matters, Vikings did us a solid last week by beating the Raiders 3-0. Otherwise they would be 7-7 and in this thing. 

Yeah, I was wondering if Raiders suddenly are in play-off picture, LOL 😂

But their new interim coach surely got some good name during this stretch! Congrats to him, it looked so bad with McDaniels

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I can't believe Richard Sherman actually advocated for Staley's firing. Come on now. If someone criticized Sherman, he would not like it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/raiders-embarrass-chargers-with-historic-first-half-en-route-to-63-21-blowout-win-043052918.html

The Raiders walked all over the Chargers on Thursday.

Everyone is trying to wake up Chargers owner from his in-season hibernation 

Watching that chargers game makes me appreciate Shane so much more.  Chargers lose their qb, they roll over.  We lose our qb, we’re in the playoff hunt.  Staley should’ve BEEN fired.  They’ve wasted Herbert’s early years and that team is getting old quick.  

oh well, time to call them about Joey bosa lol

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

O’Connell is more than serviceable at QB. I said in April that he was my dark horse to be the next Purdy or better . 

I did not watch this past game, but he looked pretty meh against the Vikings. A mediocre Vikings defense shut them out. (Vikings basically got shut out too, winning 3-0.)

I have to admit that I thought Levis looked good in his last game. Many of the rookies have looked good.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I did not watch this past game, but he looked pretty meh against the Vikings. A mediocre Vikings defense shut them out. (Vikings basically got shut out too, winning 3-0.)

I have to admit that I thought Levis looked good in his last game. Many of the rookies have looked good.

None of them has looked good enough as Purdy for sure.. SF defense hasn't been elite this year, not at all making anyone lose sleep over facing them . SF offense has outperformed their defense this year though both units are very good and complementary to each other.

This rookie QB class has clearly been very much serviceable than any in recent memory, but I'd not compare any of them to established QBs yet. Stroud comes close among the best and he's had bad days too, and time will tell for others. Overall, good QB class for the given situation of numerous injuries to starting QBs but I suspect very few will become franchise QBs over 5 years. 

Actually, Vikings defense has been doing very well since the middle of the season. Especially rookies Mekhi Blackmon and Ivan Pace Jr have graded by PFF above 80 over the season, and the run defense has been consistently great, which is so much improved from last year. It wasn't a surprise they shut out the Raiders. 

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Serviceable as a rookie to me means he could start and win games regularly in the nfl. Doesn’t mean he’s a superstar or anything. 

That said, Adian is doing really well considering an interim head coach and tons of distractions around him. He will get better, he has every year so far since his freshman year in college. And his stats were very quietly right there with the top 4 QBs taken in this draft, minus one, total wins. Purdue football sucks despite playing some big time powerhouses. But it’s typically been their Defense that sucks the most. With nearly no weapons, Adians completion rate averaged 68 percent his senior year and 4 year average of 65 percent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

None of them has looked good enough as Purdy for sure.. SF defense hasn't been elite this year, not at all making anyone lose sleep over facing them . SF offense has outperformed their defense this year though both units are very good and complementary to each other.

This rookie QB class has clearly been very much serviceable than any in recent memory, but I'd not compare any of them to established QBs yet. Stroud comes close among the best and he's had bad days too, and time will tell for others. Overall, good QB class for the given situation of numerous injuries to starting QBs but I suspect very few will become franchise QBs over 5 years. 

Actually, Vikings defense has been doing very well since the middle of the season. Especially rookies Mekhi Blackmon and Ivan Pace Jr have graded by PFF above 80 over the season, and the run defense has been consistently great, which is so much improved from last year. It wasn't a surprise they shut out the Raiders. 

Completely agree. Just shows that perhaps this QB class was deeper in talent than some, including myself, thought. And perhaps was better overall than most including myself thought. I’m happy to admit I’ve been wrong on that opinion so far

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

The Vikings issue will be their offense. Nick Mullens could be the element of surprise, just like Jake Browning was for the Colts. Both of them release the ball quickly. You would have to go back to 49ers film from a few years ago to evaluate Nick Mullens. Even Browning struggled in his first game as backup, and then Zac Taylor opened it up. Wonder how Kevin O'Connell would approach this.

17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The Vikings issue will be their offense. Nick Mullens could be the element of surprise, just like Jake Browning was for the Colts. Both of them release the ball quickly. You would have to go back to 49ers film from a few years ago to evaluate Nick Mullens. Even Browning struggled in his first game as backup, and then Zac Taylor opened it up. Wonder how Kevin O'Connell would approach this.

I liked Mullens from the 49ers time, he may not fare well for play-off situations, but he could keep the team in play-off hopes. Not sure what his weaknesses are. 

I didn't expect Dobbs to fall off that quick. But he is prone to fumbling the ball and largely has thrown lot of interception worthy passes even in his good games, and that catches up with his confidence over the time when it gets tough. Not being able to get out of Pickett and rush might also have forced him to make mistakes. 

Teddy Bridgewater, one of my favorite Vikings, is retiring after this year. At least that is what he says. I think as a person, it is for the best. Football has taken its toll on Teddy. He has many more years to live. I hope he has made good decisions with his money and will live a good life.

Detroit plays the Vikes two times before the end of the year. I won't be able to attend either game. :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Teddy Bridgewater, one of my favorite Vikings, is retiring after this year. At least that is what he says. I think as a person, it is for the best. Football has taken its toll on Teddy. He has many more years to live. I hope he has made good decisions with his money and will live a good life.

Detroit plays the Vikes two times before the end of the year. I won't be able to attend either game. :(

Teddy would've had chances to start if he'd been in any other team this year!

Good Luck to him, that's probably right decision at right time for him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Vikings would be running away with this if he didn’t turn it over twice in the redzone.

Horrible plays by Mullens, but why was O'Connell calling those plays there 

Take the 3pts on those 3rd and longs.

INT by Vikings.

• Like 2