Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That is a boatload of money to risk.  For what long odds to make the playoffs.  Retreat and regroup to fight another day.  It is a business after all.

Im not that shocked, they are not a super bowl team and probably wouldnt make the playoffs.  Wilson and Payton turned out to be a bad duo so they want flexibility and to protect the teams money 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Loser mentality right there… :facepalm:

They aren't winning with him, and he looks bad. Right now they have an 8% chance of making the playoffs; even if they win this Sunday, it only goes up to 12% (pending other results; it's less than that if Texans, Steelers and Bengals all win, and then Colts/Raiders play each other). And even if by some miracle they got in as the 7th seed, they'd have to go to Miami and play the Dolphins again, and no one wants that, not even the Dolphins.

Their season is effectively over. Should they risk triggering $37m in injury guarantees for a player that they're most certainly intending to move on from? 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Loser mentality right there… :facepalm:

Like when we quit on the 16-0 season after going 14-0. I have never seen Polian in the same light since then. Polian was a great GM and deserves to be in the Hall of Fame but quitting on history is inexcusable. Peyton had never been injured in his career, he wasn't going to be then, he was smart and avoided contact. Polian blundered bigtime on that - loser mentality. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The nfl preview isn’t up yet but here is the injury report. Braden is alive. Lol

Hopefully Braden can go. Hey, anyone seen or heard anything of Woods? The big fella must have had one heck of a groin tear

38 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hopefully Braden can go. Hey, anyone seen or heard anything of Woods? The big fella must have had one heck of a groin tear

I think he probably could of made it back, but being loaded in the room, just took the pressure off of rushing him back.

If we had an injury in the room, I wouldn't be surprised if he was activated.

All speculation on my end, just how I have read the situation.

• Like 1