Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Weekly Pick em Games: Week 9

2006Coltsbestever

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Will Levis should start the rest of the year. Tannehill is washed. Levis gives the Titans the best chance to win.

To add to this, I think the best rookie QB has been Stroud. I am really surprised the Texans are 3-4 and we even beat them. They may end up winning 8 or 9 games if Stroud stays healthy. 

On 11/1/2023 at 12:32 PM, chad72 said:

TNF

Titans @ Steelers 

Sunday

Dolphins @ Chiefs

Vikings @ Falcons 

Seahawks @ Ravens

Cardinals @ Browns

Rams @ Packers

Buccaneers @ Texans

Commanders @ Patriots

Bears @ Saints

Colts @ Panthers

Giants @ Raiders

Cowboys @ Eagles

SNF

Bills @ Bengals

MNF

Chargers @ Jets

OK, 2nd week in a row, I’m hoping, wishfully for the Colts to win again and changing my pick to the Colts winning. Don’t let me down Colts!!! The fan in me is killing me to root against the Colts, what can I say!!! :) 

Like @Chrisaaron1023 If they can’t beat the Panthers, well…we’ll have decisions to make, lol :) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

OK, 2nd week in a row, I’m hoping, wishfully for the Colts to win again and changing my pick to the Colts winning. Don’t let me down Colts!!! The fan in me is killing me to root against the Colts, what can I say!!! :) 

We will find out what the Colts are made of. Do they think they have a shot at a wildcard or are they going to fold their tents and call it a year. Because today's game is a deal breaker, if Colts lose today, season is over. I really believe that as an optimist even.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will find out what the Colts are made of. Do they think they have a shot at a wildcard or are they going to fold their tents and call it a year. Because today's game is a deal breaker, if Colts lose today, season is over. I really believe that as an optimist even.

Agree. It’s not AR vs Young anymore. Bradley’s D worries me but odds are, they’ve to finish a game positively SOMETIME :) 

Despite Minshew’s turnovers, our offense has done enough in most of the games, IMO

Just now, chad72 said:

It’s not AR vs Young anymore. Bradley’s D worries me but odds are, they’ve to finish a game positively SOMETIME :) 

Mustache should be able to beat the bad teams, he is good enough for that at least. Regarding our picks, you will probably get me back, because I went on a limb and took Dallas. Probably not a smart pick, but I won't switch it. I thought about switching it. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mustache should be able to beat the bad teams, he is good enough for that at least. Regarding our picks, you will probably get me back, because I went on a limb and took Dallas. Probably not a smart pick, but I won't switch it. I thought about switching it. 

The only reason I switched the Colts pick is if I don’t pick the Colts to beat the freaking Panthers, when will I do so as a Colts fan??? :) 

18 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Possibly top of the league at the moment. The Eagles and 49ers defenses has fallen off a cliff. 

Chiefs D, you actually have to play not to lose against them to keep Mahomes on the bench. Broncos rushed 40 times and it took 5 turnovers plus Mahomes playing with a stomach flu for Sean Payton to save his year somewhat because the Broncos are still an inferior team.

The Chiefs D is built to defend well against passing Ds. If I’m the Eagles, I just pound the rock and stay patient since the Chiefs offense isn’t running away from folks this year.

If I’m the Bengals, more Joe Mixon than Chase and Higgins because the Chiefs O will score around just 24 points and expect you to self destruct, IMO, if you try to pass too much, and get another 7-10 points off turnovers.

Lions ran well vs Chiefs, Broncos ran well vs Chiefs in both losses. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Chiefs D, you actually have to play not to lose against them to keep Mahomes on the bench. Broncos rushed 40 times and it took 5 turnovers plus Mahomes playing with a stomach flu for Sean Payton to save his year somewhat because the Broncos are still an inferior team.

The Chiefs D is built to defend well against passing Ds. If I’m the Eagles, I just pound the rock and stay patient since the Chiefs offense isn’t running away from folks this year.

If I’m the Bengals, more Joe Mixon than Chase and Higgins because the Chiefs O will score around just 24 points and expect you to self destruct, IMO, if you try to pass too much, and get another 7-10 points off turnovers.

Lions ran well vs Chiefs, Broncos ran well vs Chiefs in both losses. 

Bizarrely the Chiefs have went conservative and a dumb penalty on Jones, now we have a game lmao 

Picks for week 9

Titans  25  @   Steelers  16

Missed Germany game

Vikings 10 @ Falcons 20

Cardinals 9 @ Browns 23

Rams 29 @ Packers 13

Commanders 16 @ Patriots 30 

Bears 14 @ Saints 27

Seahawks 20 @ Ravens  28

Bucs 17 @ Texans  22

Colts  31   @ Panthers  21

Giants  24  @ Raiders  12

Cowboys  24  @ Eagles  30 OT

Bills 26 @ Bengals  34

Chargers  16 @ Jets  17

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 5:22 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Titans 20 Steelers 23

Dolphins 27 Chiefs 30

Vikings 17 Falcons 20

Seahawks 23 Ravens 24

Cards 16 Browns 24

Rams 24 Packers 17

Bucs 19 Texans 23

Commanders 13 Pats 24

Bears 17 Saints 27

Colts 23 Panthers 17

Giants 18 Raiders 20

Cowboys 27 Eagles 24

Bills 20 Bengals 24

Chargers 20 Jets 19

2-0 so far, a lot of games left though.

3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I look like an * choosing the Rams..

I wasn't sure if Stafford was going to be officially ruled out (I worked a lot of hours this weekend and just goofed on that one) otherwise I would have went Packers. @chad72got me on that one but I am looking good with my Raiders pick over the Giants. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wasn't sure if Stafford was going to be officially ruled out (I worked a lot of hours this weekend and just goofed on that one) otherwise I would have went Packers. @chad72got me on that one but I am looking good with my Raiders pick over the Giants. 

Daniel Jones was back from a neck injury after 3 games only to go down with a knee injury again. It happens. It’s been a year to forget for him.

I figured he might have a good chance to beat out Aidan O’ Connell who’s doing nothing. There’s a good chance if Tyrod Taylor or Daniel Jones were healthy playing QB, this was a Giants win :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Daniel Jones was back from a neck injury after 3 games only to go down with a knee injury again. It happens. It’s been a year to forget for him.

I figured he might have a good chance to beat out Aidan O’ Connell who’s doing nothing. There’s a good chance if Tyrod Taylor or Daniel Jones were healthy playing QB, this was a Giants win :) 

I hear ya, crap happens. I am ok with taking the Rams still. I was just pointing out I didn't realize Matt was out until it was too late. Between you and I, it is going to come down to the Dallas game. If I lose I am still only 2 back overall, If I win we are even. So you are still in the drivers seat :thmup:

On 11/1/2023 at 8:59 AM, Solid84 said:

TNF

Titans @ Steelers - This is a difficult one. Steelers have been a clown show, but they do have that defense and they're facing a rookie QB. 

Sunday

Dolphins @ Chiefs

Vikings @ Falcons - I really don't know about this one now that Cousins is out.

Seahawks @ Ravens

Cardinals @ Browns

Rams @ Packers

Buccaneers @ Texans

Commanders @ Patriots

Bears @ Saints

Colts @ Panthers

Giants @ Raiders

Cowboys @ Eagles

SNF

Bills @ Bengals

MNF

Chargers @ Jets

Couple of good games this week - Dolphins @ Chiefs, Bills @ Bengals and Cowboys @ Eagles.

9-3 so far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2023 at 5:22 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Titans 20 Steelers 23

Dolphins 27 Chiefs 30

Vikings 17 Falcons 20

Seahawks 23 Ravens 24

Cards 16 Browns 24

Rams 24 Packers 17

Bucs 19 Texans 23

Commanders 13 Pats 24

Bears 17 Saints 27

Colts 23 Panthers 17

Giants 18 Raiders 20

Cowboys 27 Eagles 24

Bills 20 Bengals 24

Chargers 20 Jets 19

So far 8-4, that puts me at 83-51. I have Bengals and Chargers left. Dallas damn near pulled it off. @chad72is also 8-4 so he remains in 1st place at 85-49. 

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I will say this - Bills haven’t played their best lately and can be a streaky team that plays well during SNF. Burrow and the Bengals have had a hard time putting teams away on SNF games. 

Enjoy!!!

All of us seem to have the Bengals and Chargers unless I missed something. I know if I get something wrong you will catch it and I appreciate it :thmup:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All of us seem to have the Bengals and Chargers unless I missed something. I know if I get something wrong you will catch it and I appreciate it :thmup:

This year’s Bills don’t have the same oomph though.

Yes all of us have the Bengals 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't see it either with the Bills. Something is missing with that team.

If I’m the Jaguars I try hard to avoid the #4 seed because I’ll probably run into either the Ravens or Bengals as the No.5 seed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Freaking Texans and Vikings... Like how?!

Dobbs barely got fitted for his Vikings jersey.. and the Texans needed to score a TD with less than a min and did... I hate these other rookie QBs lol

Texans was more believable because they were at least at home. Falcons have made the habit of caught with their pants down versus a QB making their first start for a team 2 weeks in a row (Levis, Dobbs), Falcons DC needs to be fired.

Bucs won’t score 37 again the rest of this season. Baker is always good for 1 of these performances every year. Happened to be today after their bye week. The 46 seconds thing, Stroud just rubbed salt on Panthers’ fans’ wounds today, easily.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Texans was more believable because they were at least at home. Falcons have made the habit of caught with their pants down versus a QB making their first start for a team 2 weeks in a row (Levis, Dobbs), Falcons DC needs to be fired.

Bucs won’t score 37 again the rest of this season. Baker is always good for 1 of these performances every year. Happened to be today after their bye week. The 46 seconds thing, Stroud just rubbed salt on Panthers’ fans’ wounds today, easily.

Yeah .. NFL is so fickle.. Panthers only win was against Stroud because he couldn't do anything last week 😆