Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Saints post game reaction

GoColts8818

14 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You know how you help a bad secondary. You run the ball more.

I’d rather focus on what the defense can do differently. What happens when the opponents just plays the run and shuts it down as we’ve seen done these past few weeks?

I hate Bradley’s “more cushion” approach. I’d much rather he dialed up the blitzes to give the QB less time to throw. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There has been a lot of QB injuries this year. 3 more yesterday one is season ending.

I guess all the stadiums have bad turf.

Players are just getting to big, strong, and fast! Not much you can do about that.

17 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Feel bad for Taylor.  One carry in the 2nd half.  And he misses out on a hundred yard game.  No one keeping stats I guess.  Steichen says he played the hot hand.  The best playmaker on the team neutralized in the second half by the team.  Brilliant!

If JT got that 3rd and short carry where Moss went for 41 yards, it's probably a TD. And then we avoid Minshew's terrible INT.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

If JT got that 3rd and short carry where Moss went for 41 yards, it's probably a TD. And then we avoid Minshew's terrible INT.

that’s assuming a lot! You don’t know he would have picked the same running rout. Running plays are designed to go a set way, but it’s all on the rb to pick where he thinks the hole is or will be. Some are great at it, some aren’t. That’s the difference between top and average backs.

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah Shane has made more than one rookie head coach mistake this year and frankly more than I can remember in recent memory from a first year Colts coach.  Hopefully he learns from these and gets better.

2 minutes ago, husker61 said:

that’s assuming a lot! You don’t know he would have picked the same running rout. Running plays are designed to go a set way, but it’s all on the rb to pick where he thinks the hole is or will be. Some are great at it, some aren’t. That’s the difference between top and average backs.

It is assuming a lot. But my point is pretty simple, JT has more homerun ability -- especially if Moss is hobbled, and he looked hobbled on that carry -- and we're handcuffing him and the offense right now.

23 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I don't think it would have been any different with Richardson the last three games if you just want to count winning. We put up a lot of points, the defense is just horrible. Couldn't stop old people at an old folks home. 

9 turnover by Minshew in the last 3 games. Not all on the D.

22 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Well, Bobby Okereke is the 7th highest graded Coverage LB this season...

Coulda, woulda, shoulda and all that, but this still points to Ballard...

What was Okereke's coverage grade in this defense last year? I think he was in the mid teens last year which isn't bad.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He was our best coverage linebacker.  I would bet his grade was good.  I thought he had a great year.  I was surprised we let him walk.

We had our $ 90M LB returning and Franklin came off a great year. Guess they weren't prepared to pay him what he wanted.

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

What was Okereke's coverage grade in this defense last year? I think he was in the mid teens last year which isn't bad.

PFF had him graded in the high 60s - Above Average - in Coverage. He was 41st/168 among LBs in coverage.

Nothing exceptional last season, but he was a lot better last season than any LB we have now.

I expected a loss for this game, but it still sucks seeing it happen, I don't think we win another game until Brents is back our secondary is just scraping the bottom of the barrel right now and in a passing league you can't win with the CBs we have. The positives is that our OL looks good, Downs is looking like a playmaker, out entire TE group looks great, we have a good DL and our safety group has some good young players. Once we bring back Richardson, Flowers next year and possibly add another CB and/or WR, this team could be special.

19 hours ago, husker61 said:

I don’t think jt is elite at picking running routes.  Vision at the los has not been one of his best skills, imo.  

To look at the positive side, the fact that we continue to put up 20+ points per game really shows improvement from last year and hope for the future, especially when you consider that we started the season without our starting franchise RB, only had our starting OL for one game, and our starting QB was suppose to be our back up. This team shows alot of potential to be serious contenders in the near future just by players getting healthy and maybe adding a CB and/or a WR.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

To look at the positive side, the fact that we continue to put up 20+ points per game really shows improvement from last year and hope for the future, especially when you consider that we started the season without our starting franchise RB, only had our starting OL for one game, and our starting QB was suppose to be our back up. This team shows alot of potential to be serious contenders in the near future just by players getting healthy and maybe adding a CB and/or a WR.

We still need a lot of these young players to turn out good+. The team’s always showing potential then fall short. 

I’m just getting tired of waiting on 3-4 year projects.

20 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

We still need a lot of these young players to turn out good+. The team’s always showing potential then fall short. 

I’m just getting tired of waiting on 3-4 year projects.

a lot I would say are good, and many that are surprisingly good, its just injuries have really hit us hard this year at key positions.

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

a lot I would say are good, and many that are surprisingly good, its just injuries have really hit us hard this year at key positions.

I feel injuries is the excuse every year.

-Last year it was various players on the Oline and JT. 
-‘21 it was players on the Oline and Wentz.

Meanwhile the contenders have injuries too, but still manage to compete.

If the team needs a perfect injury-free season just to reach the Playoffs to be one and done (‘20) something is not right. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

If the team needs a perfect injury-free season just to reach the Playoffs to be one and done (‘20) something is not right. 

Well last year wasn't injuries, it was a combination of Matt Ryan being terrible and the addition of a head coach who wasn't a coach. This year it's injuries to specifically the CB position in combination of the rodgers suspension combined with Richardson getting hurt. We have a backup QB starting and have lost 3 starting CBs, which no team in the NFL has the depth to recover from that many injuries to the same position group. 

Each team has injuries happen, but them all happening to the same position is rare. We don't need a perfect injury free season but we do need a healthy QB and if the injuries were more spread out, wouldn't be as big of an issue because we do have good depth at most positions but when the backup's backup is starting the game its hard to win.

31 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Well last year wasn't injuries, it was a combination of Matt Ryan being terrible and the addition of a head coach who wasn't a coach. This year it's injuries to specifically the CB position in combination of the rodgers suspension combined with Richardson getting hurt. We have a backup QB starting and have lost 3 starting CBs, which no team in the NFL has the depth to recover from that many injuries to the same position group. 

Each team has injuries happen, but them all happening to the same position is rare. We don't need a perfect injury free season but we do need a healthy QB and if the injuries were more spread out, wouldn't be as big of an issue because we do have good depth at most positions but when the backup's backup is starting the game its hard to win.

If the team was good enough to make a run at the playoffs (in any year) you’d think Ballard would bring in players in-season to mend any holes. 

The 49’ers have been without a high level QB for years and still make the playoffs. 

I’m just not buying it anymore. There’s a lack of talent on this team and all Ballard does is bring in 3-4 year projects as answers to needs we have NOW. 

I wasn’t expecting much from this season, but I definitely wasn’t expecting a repeat or near repeat of last years performance. 

This is turning into another wasted season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

If the team was good enough to make a run at the playoffs (in any year) you’d think Ballard would bring in players in-season to mend any holes. 

The 49’ers have been without a high level QB for years and still make the playoffs. 

I’m just not buying it anymore. There’s a lack of talent on this team and all Ballard does is bring in 3-4 year projects as answers to needs we have NOW. 

I wasn’t expecting much from this season, but I definitely wasn’t expecting a repeat or near repeat to last years performance. 

This is turning into another wasted season. 

Well having Kyle Shanahan helps alot, don't forget they also have made big whiffs that will hurt their future look at trey lance. To me this year looks nothing like last year or the year before and in a way reminds me of the 2022 Lions team. Where you can see the potential of the team and they are competitive in every game but they keep losing games even though you can see they are close to building something great.

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Well having Kyle Shanahan helps alot, don't forget they also have made big whiffs that will hurt their future look at trey lance. To me this year looks nothing like last year or the year before and in a way reminds me of the 2022 Lions team. Where you can see the potential of the team and they are competitive in every game but they keep losing games even though you can see they are close to building something great.

See, I just don't see us being close to building something great.

We have needs. At premium positions. And some have have been needs since Ballard got here. That's 8 years of whiffing in some cases.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

See, I just don't see us being close to building something great.

We have needs. At premium positions. And some have have been needs since Ballard got here. That's 8 years of whiffing in some cases.

See I don't think we have that many needs, we need to bring in 2 players probably a veteran CB and another rookie WR. Combine that with getting our IR players back and another year of learning the offense and I think we will be contenders.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

See I don't think we have that many needs, we need to bring in 2 players probably a veteran CB and another rookie WR. Combine that with getting our IR players back and another year of learning the offense and I think we will be contenders.

I really, REALLY hope you're right. But, in my opinion we need a high-level passrusher, a good+ coverage LB and possibly a Safety on top of a WR1 and a good veteran CB.

Cross could be that safety, but you know delayed gratidication and all that..

Just now, Solid84 said:

I really, REALLY hope you're right. But, in my opinion we need a high-level passrusher, a good+ coverage LB and possibly a Safety on top of a WR1 and a good veteran CB.

Cross could be that safety, but you know delayed gratidication and all that..

Yeah I think we just differ because I think our Safety group and  DL don't need any additions. I do think another coverage LB would be helpful but we have found talent at that position very well, so I'm really not worried about that position.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah I think we just differ because I think our Safety group and  DL don't need any additions. I do think another coverage LB would be helpful but we have found talent at that position very well, so I'm really not worried about that position.

That's fine, agree to disagree. Again, I hope you're right. :thmup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

I think everyone knew last year the issue was the QB position not the injuries.  People might have said injuries but it’s pretty clear the Colts felt it was the QB spot because they made a pretty big change there.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think everyone knew last year the issue was the QB position not the injuries.  People might have said injuries but it’s pretty clear the Colts felt it was the QB spot because they made a pretty big change there.

Let be clear, Matt Ryan SUCKED last season. Some of the worst QB'ing I have ever seen. But here's the thing, the rest of the team weren't in any way elevating him.

I bring up the 49'ers a lot because I think they done almost everything right when it comes to building a team. They've had some bad QB'ing too over the years, but they've still been in it. While Ryan was BAD last season all of our team looked BAD.