Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay says league admits they messed up

GoColts8818

On 10/26/2023 at 11:17 AM, dw49 said:

I've been watching for 60 years but in all fairness , didn't see many games until the NFL package came out. This was bad indeed and no one mentioned the ridiculous holding call on Fries that negated a big gain and led to the blocked 60 yard attempt. This was bad as you say but was it as bad as the Matte playoff loss vs Green Bay in the late 60's. I was watching and could plainly see that Chandlers last minute FG to tie the game was wide right.

Yikes! Just watched that on YT. Was there any news on that or did they just bury it?

On 10/26/2023 at 11:17 AM, dw49 said:

I've been watching for 60 years but in all fairness , didn't see many games until the NFL package came out. This was bad indeed and no one mentioned the ridiculous holding call on Fries that negated a big gain and led to the blocked 60 yard attempt. This was bad as you say but was it as bad as the Matte playoff loss vs Green Bay in the late 60's. I was watching and could plainly see that Chandlers last minute FG to tie the game was wide right.

Just researched it. A stinking rule change to raise the goal post and position 2 refs instead of one. Big whoop... Just like the rule change for defensive holding after the Pats got away with it all game against the Colts in the 04 playoffs...

Glad l don't spend anymore money on this inferior product.

They'll never have the guts to overturn a controversial game. After all you can't take money out of Vegas' hands after the transactions have been made... 🤮

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Flashing a peace sign gets you fined nearly $11,000?    Really?    Seriously? 

A peace sign gets you fined?!?!?   I confess I find that shocking!    Honestly.   A peace sign?   Goodness gracious?!?    It’s a crazy world we live in.   

I think I understand where you are coming from. The act of flashing of the peace sign in itself is harmless. But in the context of turning around and flashing your pursuers the peace as you score six points at their expense sign is taunting

It's sort of like when when someone gets mad at me on the road. They honk at me or flip me the bird and I flash them the peace sign. It's taunting. The right response would be to drive on about my way as if it never happened

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakedownstreet said:

I think I understand where you are coming from. The act of flashing of the peace sign in itself is harmless. But in the context of turning around and flashing your pursuers the peace as you score six points at their expense sign is taunting

It's sort of like when when someone gets mad at me on the road. They honk at me or flip me the bird and I flash them the peace sign. It's taunting. The right response would be to drive on about my way as if it never happened

Thank you.   That’s a good explanation that I hadn’t thought of.    Taunting. 

Yet there’s a part of me that thinks viewing the peace sign as taunting is another sign of how crazy the world is these days.  

Go figure.  

On 10/28/2023 at 5:09 AM, jemack said:

Just researched it. A stinking rule change to raise the goal post and position 2 refs instead of one. Big whoop... Just like the rule change for defensive holding after the Pats got away with it all game against the Colts in the 04 playoffs...

Glad l don't spend anymore money on this inferior product.

They'll never have the guts to overturn a controversial game. After all you can't take money out of Vegas' hands after the transactions have been made... 🤮

Yes , I remember the rule change. As to how much was made of the missed call , it was hardly touched upon. The commentators said nothing and very little brought up on the issue the FG was wide. In defense of the officiating , it was pretty foggy when Chandler MISSED the kick. That's how I remember it anyway. Can't be certain that it unfolded just as I've stated as it was more than 55 years ago. I can't remember what I ate last night ......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

Yes , I remember the rule change. As to how much was made of the missed call , it was hardly touched upon. The commentators said nothing and very little brought up on the issue the FG was wide. In defense of the officiating , it was pretty foggy when Chandler MISSED the kick. That's how I remember it anyway. Can't be certain that it unfolded just as I've stated as it was more than 55 years ago. I can't remember what I ate last night ......

Lol. The video shows it was wide right by a foot. What's hilarious is the ball never reached the height of the highest point of the goal post. Yet one of the rule changes was to make the posts higher. Huh? 

Oh well.