Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steichen, Minshew post-game locker room...amped up

masterlock

17 minutes ago, masterlock said:

Kind of a random post here...I just saw this on X, and t shows a firey side to Steichen and Minshew that I've not seen before. They're amped, and I like it!

I noticed it when they posted the victory speech on Monday.  G-Min reminds me of a cross between Hulk Hogan and The Macho Man from back in the WWF days.  I don't remember it being this lively during the Dungy era.  Dungy and his Colt teams were all business.  They expected to win each week so it was just another day at the office.

G-Min: "...OHHH...YEEAAHHHH!!"

• Like 1

What ya going to do with Minshew-mania runs wild over you?

Nice to see some fire. When Riech was here it was like a prayer meeting, even on the field. Dungy and the boys were probably more sedate because first, you take on the demeanor of your coach (and Tony was a pretty steady guy), second, your QB (and Peyton was all business) and finally they were an established team with one of the best long-term success records in history. This team is young and is just learning to win. Every game especially divisional games are big to them. Maybe someday winning will become so normal for them that they'll get more like the Dungy/Peyton years. That wouldn't be a bad thing.

4 minutes ago, FRW said:

What ya going to do with Minshew-mania runs wild over you?

Nice to see some fire. When Riech was here it was like a prayer meeting, even on the field. Dungy and the boys were probably more sedate because first, you take on the demeanor of your coach (and Tony was a pretty steady guy), second, your QB (and Peyton was all business) and finally they were an established team with one of the best long-term success records in history. This team is young and is just learning to win. Every game especially divisional games are big to them. Maybe someday winning will become so normal for them that they'll get more like the Dungy/Peyton years. That wouldn't be a bad thing.

Hulk Hogan Sport GIF by WWE

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Sometimes a backup has a hard time getting players around him to believe. Minshew has a ton of support in that locker room. I think guys believe in him. It helps he has won 3 games.

What got me believing in him was the win at Baltimore. Did he play lights out? No, but he made 2 or 3 key plays in the game that were critical, didn't turn the ball over, that was the game AR missed and we still won against a great QB and Coach. The other 2 wins we had, AR had a lot to do with that with getting us early leads at Houston and last week vs Tennessee. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What got me believing in him was the win at Baltimore. Did he play lights out? No, but he made 2 or 3 key plays in the game that were critical, didn't turn the ball over, that was the game AR missed and we still won against a great QB and Coach. The other 2 wins we had, AR had a lot to do with that with getting us early leads at Houston and last week vs Tennessee. 

Seeing him get absolutely blindsided  a few times in a game and yet still getting up and having a short memory definitely helped me believe in him. 

• Like 2

Just now, HOZER said:

Seeing him get absolutely blindsided  a few times in a game and yet still getting up and having a short memory definitely helped me believe in him. 

Yep. That too. In that Ravens game, that one dude (can't remember his name, I am sure many in here could refresh me), was going in untouched and just smashing Mustache. Mustache just kept getting up like a boss lmao .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. That too. In that Ravens game, that one dude (can't remember his name, I am sure many in here could refresh me), was going in untouched and just smashing Mustache. Mustache just kept getting up like a boss lmao .

Kyle Hamilton. 3 sacks in first half. He benefited greatly bye all the attention Clowney was demanding. Minshew never saw him coming, but he was like Rocky, just kept getting back up lol.

ivan-drago-rocky-balboa.gif

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I just hope we all aren’t just trying to make ourselves feel good that we can win with him.

I think most of us are HOPING that we can win with him, trying to be optimistic. After the last few years and our current run of luck with QBs it feels good to have hope.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I just hope we all aren’t just trying to make ourselves feel good that we can win with him.

Not me, I really think we can. I said going into the year with the roster we had = AR and Mustache if needed because he was the best backup in the league, Taylor, Pittman, Nelson, Franklin, Buck, Grover, and Gay + I had faith in our new coach that we would win 8 games. I haven't waivered once saying we would win less than 8. I am at a point now where I think we can win 9 and maybe the division. 

Moss has just been a nice added bonus playing the way he is.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not me, I really think we can. I said going into the year with the roster we had = AR and Mustache if needed because he was the best backup in the league, Taylor, Pittman, Nelson, Franklin, Buck, Grover, and Gay + I had faith in our new coach that we would win 8 games. I haven't waivered once saying we would win less than 8. I am at a point now where I think we can win 9 and maybe the division. 

Moss has just been a nice added bonus playing the way he is.

Running lanes probably won’t be as open with mustache. Watching some videos from game last week that long TD run by moss was because both defenders thought Richardson had the ball.