Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

5 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Oh really?

Peytons neck

Keep or release Peyton

Andrew Lucks shoulder

Andrew Lucks sudden retirement

Carson Wentzs foot

Reichs firing/Saturdays hiring

JT debacle

Those are just a few of drama episodes in the past 12 years. I'm sure there was more.

You left out the Leonard drama last year lmao , other than that I think you covered things homer simpson GIF

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-rb-josh-jacobs-agrees-to-terms-on-one-year-contract-worth-up-to-12-milli

It keeps worse and worse for JT. The marker has spoke. Jacobs is a legitimate top 3 back and look what he juat got paid!!!! I doubt Miami came close to what the Colts were asking. I have always said a 4th and tops a 3rd they offered.

Miami doesn't have a 3rd or 4th in 2024 to offer.

9 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

pay taylor he is our only game changer, ballard is paying non playmakers the big money what is ballard thinking?

He's probably thinking that he wants to see if that ankle is okay and if JT is still has breakaway ability with this new scheme?  I still think he's hoping JT comes back to his normal self and plays to win this year.

We'll find out within the next 48-49 hours or so.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/raiders-pre-july-17-offer-not-even-close-to-26-million-over-two-years

Per PFT article:

"If the Raiders had offered $26 million fully-guaranteed over two years before the middle of July, Jacobs surely would have taken it. As we understand it, the Raiders didn’t even offer to guarantee two years of the tag (i.e., $22.2 million)."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Jonathan Taylor TRADE Down to Eagles & Dolphins

This guys Taylor report starts at 4:20 minute mark

It’s funny people are saying we should be running back by committee because we are going to run an offense similar to the Eagles therefore we don’t need Taylor.  They have Hurts and we have AR.  Similar quarterbacks same offense.  Yet apparently the Eagles want to trade for Taylor.  If they want to trade for Taylor then the Eagles and Dolphins see him as a difference maker who could put them over top.  The Eagles are a bonafide contender.  They were right there last year.  If any team would give them a 1st I would think they could talk themselves into it.  That pick has a great chance to be one of the last four in a round.  Not as low as a potential Dolphins pick.  Colts are hanging tough here.  Sounds like they have a two from both teams.  Getting down to the finish line.  Will one of them offer a 1st?  A condition 2nd?  We will know soon enough.  It’s a shame it’s come down to this though.  I would much rather have Taylor playing with AR.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

So Drake cut; is there any back worthy to start now? Stop with JT starting right away when returns. 

Both Jackson and Moss have started in the past.  Are they going to be what Taylor is?  Not even close but they can start in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nothing has happened yet. I am almost sure the Colts want a 1st rounder in the upcoming draft for Taylor or 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft + maybe O.Line help to go with that pick. We are not just giving a guy away that is a top 3 RB who is 24 and a HR hitter for a BigMac. 

A Big Mac is better than nothing. :dunno: 

Serious question: Do you expect JT to play for the Colts this season?

Just now, NFLfan said:

I am leaning toward yes. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Not without these mean my food GIF by McDonald's CZ/SK

• Like 1

Well if the Colts don’t trade him and he sits out all year there is zero chance anyone gives him what he wants next year in free agency, if the Colts even let him get there.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

pay taylor he is our only game changer, ballard is paying non playmakers the big money what is ballard thinking?

It’s not Ballard’s decision alone.   May I introduce you to Jim Irsay?   He’s the owner of the team.   On matters like this, his voice is the most important.  

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Well if the Colts don’t trade him and he sits out all year there is zero chance anyone gives him what he wants next year in free agency, if the Colts even let him get there.  

He won't sit out, he won't get paid and it is a real bad look + a year off from the NFL makes for major rust on a position player that relies on speed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It’s funny people are saying we should be running back by committee because we are going to run an offense similar to the Eagles therefore we don’t need Taylor.  They have Hurts and we have AR.  Similar quarterbacks same offense.  Yet apparently the Eagles want to trade for Taylor.  If they want to trade for Taylor then the Eagles and Dolphins see him as a difference maker who could put them over top.  The Eagles are a bonafide contender.  They were right there last year.  If any team would give them a 1st I would think they could talk themselves into it.  That pick has a great chance to be one of the last four in a round.  Not as low as a potential Dolphins pick.  Colts are hanging tough here.  Sounds like they have a two from both teams.  Getting down to the finish line.  Will one of them offer a 1st?  A condition 2nd?  We will know soon enough.  It’s a shame it’s come down to this though.  I would much rather have Taylor playing with AR.

Any links?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He won't sit out, he won't get paid and it is a real bad look + a year off from the NFL makes for major rust on a position player that relies on speed.

Yeah that was pretty much my point.  He wants to get paid in order to do that he’s going to have to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s not Ballard’s decision alone.   May I introduce you to Jim Irsay?   He’s the owner of the team.   On matters like this, his voice is the most important.  

Irsay really has 100% leverage unless he does give Ballard some say in this. So I agree. I think he should let Ballard take care of this because it is not a QB situation.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Isray really has 100% leverage unless he does give Ballard some say in this. So I agree. I think he should let Ballard take care of this because it is not a QB situation.

Like most things done with the Colts the decision will be made by their “brain trust” which is Irsay, Ballard, and Shane.  It will be a consensus.  

8 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Why?  JT will start right away when he returns.  Wouldn't be the 20th RB to play with no preseason.

Gonna need a few days of practice before he is going to play.  It won't be right away.  He'll hold out until the first week, I'm guessing.

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I cannot recall if Le'Veon Bell got what he wanted but he went to the Jets and flopped. He is now saying that he should have never held out. He could have been a Hall of Famer with the Steelers. He was good at rushing and catching passes but he thought he was too good for a team to pass on him. JT's agent thought the same of JT.

• Like 2

I cannot recall if Le'Veon Bell got what he wanted but he went to the Jets and flopped. He is now saying that he should have never held out. He could have been a Hall of Famer with the Steelers. He was good at rushing and passing but thought he was too good for a team to pass on him. JT's agent thought the same of JT.

Bell lost a lot of money and was never the same after leaving Pitt. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I cannot recall if Le'Veon Bell got what he wanted but he went to the Jets and flopped. He is now saying that he should have never held out. He could have been a Hall of Famer with the Steelers. He was good at rushing and passing but thought he was too good for a team to pass on him. JT's agent thought the same of JT.

I’ve never bought the agent was the bad guy here.  He’s doing what JT wants.  If he wasn’t JT would replace him like he did with his last agent when he didn’t do what JT wanted.

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’ve never bought the agent was the bad guy here.  He’s doing what JT wants.  If he wasn’t JT would replace him like he did with his last agent when he didn’t do what JT wanted.

I still think his agent is a crap stirrer. Most agents are though but from what I have been reading, I don't think JT's agent is realistic in our situation.

6 hours ago, w87r said:

Conan Obrien I Dont Know What That Is GIF by Team Coco

And that's cool, but what did that have to do with Holders tweet of the jersey? With the 3 teeth shivering emojis or what ever that thing is called? Lol. 

The picture wouldn’t load for me either, so I wasn’t even talking about that. The Walton family owns the Broncos, and someone on Reddit posted their JT Funko Pop figure with the information on the box stating he was a Denver Broncos player. That’s why I said with all that money, I’m sure they know more than we do. 

That’s a Funko Pop btw. Little vinyl figure. They make them for just about everything. 

IMG_2655.jpeg

• Thanks 1