Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We should have never drafted a RB in the 2nd round to begin with going by most fans and our owners logic. It was a wasted pick, dude played like Barry Sanders in 2021 and it still doesn't matter now. Like I posted in another thread, JT was a wasted pick because as of now RB's aren't valued by their teams anymore. Unless you are McCaffery lmao , and he even got traded. If our FO train of thinking was like this back in 2020, we should have took a WR instead of JT. What was even the purpose of even drafting JT??

I can tell you right now, JT can play like Barry Sanders again this year and it won't matter. Irsay said all I needed to know in his tweet.

I will explain myself better since I got a goofy confused face. We should have drafted another WR to go along with Pittman instead of JT since this is a passing league. Drafting JT was a waste unless we sign him to a 3 or 4 yr deal, pretty simple. Here is my confused face and what I think of it treehouse of horror homer GIF

Just now, PRnum1 said:

I think we have to realize that everything JT's agent is doing has permission from JT.

JT's agent is not operating in a vacuum. 

I do get agents try and get the best deal for their players, that is his job. It is the way he is going about it though that is childish. He and Irsay both would have been better off just staying quiet IMO. JT probably has a ton on his mind to think about.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do get agents try and get the best deal for their players, that is his job. It is the way he is going about it though that is childish. He and Irsay both would have been better off just staying quiet IMO. JT probably has a ton on his mind to think about.

Oh I agree 100%.

I'm just saying fans are blaming JT's agent when the two are in cahoots with each other.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah like man up and honor your contract.

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We should have never drafted a RB in the 2nd round to begin with going by most fans and our owners logic. It was a wasted pick, dude played like Barry Sanders in 2021 and it still doesn't matter now. Like I posted in another thread, JT was a wasted pick because as of now RB's aren't valued by their teams anymore. Unless you are McCaffery lmao , and he even got traded. If our FO train of thinking was like this back in 2020, we should have took a WR instead of JT. What was even the purpose of even drafting JT??

I can tell you right now, JT can play like Barry Sanders again this year and it won't matter. Irsay said all I needed to know in his tweet.

:facepalm:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

JT is under contract and turning his nose up at 5.1 million dollars.

He's not going to get alot of sympathy from fans for holding out.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will explain myself better since I got a goofy confused face. We should have drafted another WR to go along with Pittman instead of JT since this is a passing league. Drafting JT was a waste unless we sign him to a 3 or 4 yr deal, pretty simple. Here is my confused face and what I think of it treehouse of horror homer GIF

:facepalm:     Clearly not better. 

2 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

It is not unusual for a player to want a new deal with only 1 year left on his deal. That has happened 100's times. If he wants a new deal I can't blame him, a lot of players do that when they know their contract is done after the year. It isn't like he is in a middle of a huge nice deal and still has 2 years left on his contract demanding more money. Those are the players I look at and laugh.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

:facepalm:

I knew that was coming Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is not unusual for a player to want a new deal with only 1 year left on his deal. That has happened 100's times. If he wants a new deal I can't blame him, a lot of players do that when they know their contract is done after the year. It isn't like he is in a middle of a huge nice deal and still has 2 years left on his contract demanding more money. Those are the players I look at and laugh.

I knew that was coming Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

I agree that many players want a new contract with a year left. Honor the one signed and work on a new one throughout the year. Faking being hurt is not the way to go about it. 

I see some comments as to the agent and JT working in unison ...  Sure.  They are of course communicating, empathizing, and working for the same goal....to get paid.  

The agent here looks like an absolute toolbox though, and he doesn't seem to be widely respected in his field.  I think he likely appeals to some because of the flashy, self promoting MMA world where the ability to be a hype man actually is a positive...players like Leonard probably have a natural draw to attitudes and showmanship like that.  It plays right into the somewhat skewed and warped concept many young men, especially in the world of athletics have about the concept of "respect". 

All that to say, the agent is a nobody.  The NFL isn't the MMA world, agents need different skillets same as athletes...  And this guy I would bet, doesn't have a sterling resume in the NFL, orany clients outside of the type impressed and moved by what iblist above.  

Shoot, from what little I know about JT, I'm kind of shocked he hired this guy.... I know he switched agents recently, the only thing that makes any sense is JT must really overvalue Leonard's opinion, which must be based on the flash and glitz, coupled only with Leonard being pleased about his new deal.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Anyone see the Denver broncos drama from what Sean Peyton said. It is so bad. This contract stuff is small compared to what he said.

No.  I have to go look now though lol.

Agent seems like an utter ponce. Assessing the accurate market situation is not "bad faith”, and now he's at it again.

Just tag JT after this season, and then again after the next, and watch this guy whine even more on social media. Would love it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superman said:

Players have been complaining about the franchise tag for many years. Yet, every CBA, they do nothing to get rid of it. And the main reason is because it affects so few of the players directly. Only a handful of guys are tagged each year, and almost no players get tagged twice. In fact, a strong number of players who get tagged wind up doing long term extensions with the team.

Really, the tag is more of a deterrent than it is an actual weapon. It does artificially suppress the market by keeping players from reaching free agency, but players seem to be okay with that because they wind up making many millions of dollars.

I agree that the tag is unfair and too pro-team/anti-player, but there isn't enough will to get rid of it through collective bargaining. I also think the tag helps the NFL avoid NBA-type scenarios with high level talent accumulating on just a few teams, leaving the rest of the league in a bad situation. I think players should be able to earn their free agency, and play wherever they want for whatever reason they want, but I think it's better for pro leagues when there's at least a chance for parity among the teams. Green Bay is a tiny market, and has had two highly marketable, HOF QBs for the last 30 years; that probably doesn't happen without the franchise tag.

Well players are not gonna complain about it because only one position group gets negatively effected by it

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Now that would be crazy. I would never do that. I can see 13 or 14 mill over 3 years or so with like 30 Mill guaranteed, that is reasonable.

Yeah anywhere from $12-$14m is alright.(wouldn't be surprised if we have offered $15m)

Anything more, I'm tapping out.(not that that matters).

You got Guards, WR's, Tackles, DEs, DT, LBs, CBs and obviously QBs all making $20m or more.

Taylor is trying to set the new market for the RBs. Really think they are asking for $20m.

Either 4yr $80m, or 5yr $100m

Could be wrong, likely never know, but if they were close on a number it wouldn't be playing out like this. They seem to be very far apart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He just looks mean.

Seems like Taylor’s agent is having everyone turn against him.

Hopefully that includes Taylor, the longer he is silent, the more complicit it makes him seem.

Does he really support his agents actions? Curious to know.

• Like 2

Just now, w87r said:

Hopefully that includes Taylor, the longer he is silent, the more complicit it makes him seem.

Does he really support his agents actions? Curious to know.

Yep. If he doesn’t tell him to knock it off that just means Taylor agrees with his actions. This guy does not have a good reputation in the fighting world.

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Well players are not gonna complain about it because only one position group gets negatively effected by it

On another point.

Other position groups are not going to agree on RBs getting special privileges. (If they tried to ratify the CBA)

• Like 1