Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week #4 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The games have been okay. The first Thursday night game that the Lions won was very entertaining.  This game is not too bad. 

How did GB score their TD. I had turned the game off for about 10 minutes and I missed when they scored.

They converted 3rd & 15 and 4th & 9 in the end zone. Played like nothing to lose anymore...

Doubs is doing well... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good I got the game on the NFL Channel, wait whoops! That is Denver at Miami, maybe Denver will rally only down 56-13. These Thursday Night games not being on the NFL Network channel is bizarre and a dis to the fans that like to watch all the games. 

Thursday Night games are now on Amazon Prime.  

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lions will probably run away with the division, but it is still early. They pretty much controlled tonight's game. 

Season is too young though..

Sometimes, the team that looks awesome in first few weeks look very average by the end of the year..

I'd wait to see how Packers look like when Watson and Jones are fully healthy, and if they play consistently after that, they could make a run.

Even Vikings, after trading Cousins by end of this week :funny:

:sarcasm:

• NFLfan pinned this topic
On 9/28/2023 at 11:26 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lions will probably run away with the division, but it is still early. They pretty much controlled tonight's game. 

What timeline did we jump into?

Lions will run away in their division....  Orioles win the AL East....Yankees eliminated from playoffs.... Congress holding hearings about aliens. 

It's all tied to the Mandela Effect. LoL

Chandler Jones is getting released.

Seems like a Raiders sale is incoming.  Honestly, if we were one year away I’d be willing to part with some picks for Devante Adams.  But he’s 30 years old and expensive.  We’re not one year away either

Keeping my eyes on the raiders to see what they do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

Chandler Jones is getting released.

Seems like a Raiders sale is incoming.  Honestly, if we were one year away I’d be willing to part with some picks for Devante Adams.  But he’s 30 years old and expensive.  We’re not one year away either

Keeping my eyes on the raiders to see what they do.

He is getting released because he has had some off the field issues. He seems to have mental health issues. Maybe brain trauma-related issues? (Speculation on my part.)

Just now, NFLfan said:

I forgot all about the game this morning. I think I have it on NFL+.

I do. Jags are leading 17-0. Ridley with a TD catch from Lawrence. Ridley is a former Falcon, no?  The Falcons QB Ridder threw a Pick-6.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Two more rookie QBs will start today. Aidan O'Connell (my head coach's younger cousin) is starting in place of Jimmy and Dorian Thompson Robinson is starting in place of DeSean Watson.

Aidan did well in the preseason. Hope he does well today.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I seen Watson is out, Ravens were going to win that game anyway. They aren't losing 2 in a row.

And report from early this morning was should not a concern starting.....wonder what the real story is. Im benchin Amari Cooper for MPJ though dont trust DTR yet

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have had a SMART TV for about 10 years now. After the first month of using the SMART feature, I have not used it again. I wonder if I can use NFL+ on this TV. If not, I will continue to watch on this phone.

You may be able too, I am not sure. I don't have ESPN+. Just ESPN 1 and ESPN 2. I am still following the game on ESPN play by play at times. 

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

And report from early this morning was should not a concern starting.....wonder what the real story is. Im benchin Amari Cooper for MPJ though dont trust DTR yet

I read that Watson had some injury last week but had been expected to start. I wonder if Njoku will start? Apparently he suffered burns on his face and hands but could play. The problem is that the helmet over his face is uncomfortable because he is recovering from the burns. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You may be able too, I am not sure. I don't have ESPN+. Just ESPN 1 and ESPN 2. I am still following the game on ESPN play by play at times. 

I don't have ESPN plus but I have NFL+.

On my phone, I am able to go from one app to another without turning any of them off. They stay active in the background. However, if I do that with the NFL+ app without first closing out the NFL+ app, it prevents me from accessing other apps. I had to restart my phone to get back on this site. I don't like that about the NFL+ app. I have to figure out why it does that. I like the option of going from one app to another without having to close them.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I read that Watson had some injury last week but had been expected to start. I wonder if Njoku will start? Apparently he suffered burns on his face and hands but could play. The problem is that the helmet over his face is uncomfortable because he is recovering from the burns. 

How did he get burns? 

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

How did he get burns? 

The Athletic has updated the story. It says Njoku will play.

Browns tight end David Njoku, who has burns on his arms and face from a fire pit accident, will play today against the Ravens, according to a team source. The team was concerned about his comfort in wearing a helmet rubbing against the wounds.

link to Athletic article

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Jags did win the game. Colts need to win to keep their lead in the division.

I watched the game on ESPN+. The commentators were saying Atlanta’s coach should have put Heinecke in at some point, I was thinking the same. But at halftime the coach said he had no intention of even having that discussion. Ridder made some good moves but not enough to keep him out there the whole time if you were trying to win the game. I actually think Heinecke could have rallied them back for a win.

Back on NFL Gameday Morning after the game, one of them commented that he liked the move to keep Ridder in to grind through it. I don’t know, seems like an argument that has valid points both ways.  (But I definitely feel they should not have let him play that whole game lol).

I wonder if that coach will catch some heat for not sitting out their QB. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennaiCCousins threw a 100 yard pick 6. It was Goal to go inside the 5 yard line, I believe. I am trying to watch on Red Zone.

Yeah I was tracking play by play after few seconds, and I check back, it was 7 points for Panthers :D

That just showed Kirk's determination to put up 500 yards passing today. 150 yards passing to the other team and 350 for him.