Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Rams vs Colts plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

2 minutes ago, AKB said:

So it is likely we will get our first look at some of the oline depth, 

Hopefully Freeland has a good game, or we are gonna lose bad. 

gonna need our tight ends this game too. 

I want to know who plays the other tackle spot if both tackles are out. Richardson is going to get killed.

• Like 1

So, AR, Nelson, Moss, Pittman, Pierce, Downs, French, Franklin, Speed, Moore, Leonard, Buck, and Paye are all playing. I think things will be ok. Buck will play from everything I have been reading. No doctor can keep him out because he isn't in any type of concussion protocol. Buck isn't known for missing games unless he is really injured. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Richardson should sit and get ready for TN. We don’t need him injured. 

That isn't how it works. He's healthy so he should start. He is the starter. It is football and a dangerous sport, it is what it is, can't keep putting him in a safe bubble. He is 6'4 250 pounds, he will be fine. His injury 2 weeks ago was a fluke and it really wasn't that serious. 

• Like 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That isn't how it works. He's healthy so he should start. It is football and dangerous sport, it is what it is, can't keep putting him in a safe bubble. He is 6'4 250 pounds, he will be fine. His injury 2 weeks ago was a fluke and it really wasn't that serious. 

Could you imagine the fallout from across the league? 

"We're keeping Richardson on the bench because we don't believe in the rest of the team..." 

That would go over well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RollerColt said:

Could you imagine the fallout from across the league? 

"We're keeping Richardson on the bench because we don't believe in the rest of the team..." 

That would go over well. 

That is another thing, it is a bad look when you keep your starter out for no reason. Nobody in here would suggest keeping Peyton or Luck out if they were 100% healthy.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We might not even have any backups if the ones who start get injured lol.

We have pretty good depth, I think we proved that at Baltimore. Our backup QB is even average at worse. If Moss gets injured early, that would be a concern because our other RB's aren't that good. Other than that, let the games begin. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is another thing, it is a bad look when you keep your starter out for no reason. Nobody in here would suggest keeping Peyton or Luck out if they were 100% healthy.

Once they're named the official starter for the season, you really can't go back unless there's an injury. To have Minshew walk out there wouldn't sit well with the team. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If we start 2-2 that still a great start. Sucks but better then expected.

We will start 4-1, you heard it here 1st.

Just now, RollerColt said:

Once they're named the official starter for the season, you really can't go back unless there's an injury. To have Minshew walk out there wouldn't sit well with the team. 

I agree 100%. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have pretty good depth, I think we proved that at Baltimore. Our backup QB is even average at worse. If Moss gets injured early, that would be a concern because our other RB's aren't that good. Other than that, let the games begin. 

We will possibly have 3 backups playing. My question was do we have enough of those guys get injured. Going yo have to be some PS call ups.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well this is not ideal.

It isn't ideal but all teams have injuries as you know. Just Kupp being out alone will hurt them bigtime. When healthy he is a top 5 WR in the league. Also if I am not mistaken, they are banged up on their O.Line as well. We get to the QB very well. If we can put major pressure on Lamar, I know we can Stafford.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i like the optimism in here. i hope it pans out well, especially because its my first game of the season ill be at the stadium, but aaron donald is a handful for even our best lineman, he's gonna feast on a 3rd string center regardless of what is going on elsewhere on the field. 

i would be incredibly surprised if we can run the same way we have been with Moss

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He went on IR before the season.

If smith can’t go it will be Freeland and Hambright lol.

Not a sure thing Buckner will play either.

I'm thinking Freeland at LT, Smith at RT if smith can't go then maybe we can ask Jack Doyle to play RT for us for one game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKB said:

i like the optimism in here. i hope it pans out well, especially because its my first game of the season ill be at the stadium, but aaron donald is a handful for even our best lineman, he's gonna feast on a 3rd string center regardless of what is going on elsewhere on the field. 

i would be incredibly surprised if we can run the same way we have been with Moss

I have us winning but never said it would be easy. I think we are good enough to get by this week. Cool you are going to the game. Last time I went to a game was 10 years ago, hard to believe in 2013.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have us winning but never said it would be easy. I think we are good enough to get by this week. Cool you are going to the game. Last time I went to a game was 10 years ago, hard to believe in 2013.

i think the last game i went to was when Wentz threw three interceptions to the titans, and Tyquan Lewis got injured and fumbled after an interception. 

• Like 1

I think Smith will play with a wrapped wrist not a big deal.  Expect Buck as well.  Freeland will be in the spotlight now.  French too as Darnold moves around.  Good chance the OL gives up some sacks this week.  We are fortunate AR can scramble though.  That’s a big plus.  I still think we will win.  I expect our front seven to really put pressure on Stafford leading to a few turnovers.  Gay strikes again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I think Smith will play with a wrapped wrist not a big deal.  Expect Buck as well.  Freeland will be in the spotlight now.  French too as Darnold moves around.  Good chance the OL gives up some sacks this week.  We are fortunate AR can scramble though.  That’s a big plus.  I still think we will win.  I expect our front seven to really put pressure on Stafford leading to a few turnovers.  Gay strikes again.

Defense will need to come up big to keep them in this game. We are about to see how well Steichen can scheme these protection calls. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKB said:

i think the last game i went to was when Wentz threw three interceptions to the titans, and Tyquan Lewis got injured and fumbled after an interception. 

Yeah the last game I went too was in 2013 when Luck and the Colts took care of the Texans, Score was 25-3. I have been to around close to 50 games in here in Indianapolis overall dating back to 1987. Best games I have ever attended was in 2009 vs the Pats, we won 35-34 on a Sunday Night. Peyton vs Tom, the ol 4th and 2 game. I also was at the Cowboys at Colts game in 1999. We won that as well. Marvin burning Deion was sweet, Peyton threw a perfect pass. Both Deion and Marv were Elite players. Seeing Emmit do his thing live was pretty cool too. Have fun at the game, it will be a battle.

• Like 1

I’m curious on how much the CTE settlement has affected the strict guidelines of the NFL concussion protocols. 

Is it possible players just have colds/allergies vs. it always being a concussion? I have had both concussions & colds during this time of the year. The headaches, fatigue, ringing in ears are common symptoms of both. 

it just seems that everything is labeled “concussion symptoms” nowadays

• Thanks 1