Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Opening Week 2023 Game Thread

NFLfan

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You can't please everyone.

Have a good night. If that guy continues to post inappropriate comments, please report them.

Nah he is cool, I never report anyone and never even put on anyone on ignore, not my style. I just let them speak their mind and roll with it. I have followed sports for nearly 50 years and been in here a long time. If people have something to say, they have a right to say it. Have a good night, it sucks the Colts and Vikings lost but there is always next week :thmup:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The people giving him grief probably never wanted to draft him and would be upset no matter what. He played very well. The Colts did not win. That's all. Had they won, folks would feel better. 

People here did not like Andrew because he replaced Manning. People have their reasons..

I think had we won today, many would've dismissed it as a Week 1 fluke - in 1998, top picks Peyton Manning & Ryan Leaf both won only 3 games in their rookie campaigns.  Leaf started his pro career 2-0 before the wheels came off in Kansas City, while Manning started his career 0-4, getting his 1st career victory in Week 5 against Leaf & the Chargers.

• Like 1

Just now, Lancer1 said:

I think had we won today, many would've dismissed it as a Week 1 fluke - in 1998, top picks Peyton Manning & Ryan Leaf both won only 3 games in their rookie campaigns.  Leaf started his pro career 2-0 before the wheels came off in Kansas City, while Manning started his career 0-4, getting his 1st career victory in Week 5 against Leaf & the Chargers.

I do remember that, I had a buddy that wanted Leaf in that draft. When Leaf was 2-0, he was talking all kinds of smack. Man I am I glad we took Peyton. Peyton is the greatest player in our franchise history.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do remember that, I had a buddy that wanted Leaf in that draft. When Leaf was 2-0, he was talking all kinds of smack. Man I am I glad we took Peyton. Peyton is the greatest player in our franchise history.

Alot of talking heads viewed Leaf as the better pro prospect at the time, despite his lack of discipline & weight struggles - I even read articles predicting that Ryan would have a Hall of Fame career, but that Peyton would not.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Also although I think Herbert is very good not great yet because he has never won a big game or playoff game, doesn't mean I am picking on him. Is he better than Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts, Lamar, or Allen - no and he got the biggest contract of all-time until Burrow just did.

I think Herbert is a stud, but is victimized by an arrogant and  stupid Head Coach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Am I the only one who never got impressed with Daniel Jones? I feel like so many in the media gushed over his performance last year but I felt like every time I saw him on TV, he wilted under the slightest bit of adversity. Not sure how he hoodwinked the Giants into that contract, but I wasn't looking forward to this Giants/Cowboys game and did other stuff while leaving the TV on. And it sounds like we have several more primetime games ahead of us with him in them! It's like all the times we had to see Russell Wilson score 9 points on primetime last year!

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That I agree with. I actually like Herbert, just don't have him in my top 5.

I like Herbert better than Hurts, Lamar and Allen but they are all different. If he continues as he is, he will be in the Hall. I thing you will come to like him in too.

20 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I read so many here predicted Steelers win. I didn't comment, but was wondering why everyone's overestimating Pickett and not valuing enough a great team like 49ers... 

I was one who underestimated the 49ers. I picked them to win by like a touchdown or so. But man.. every time I checked the game the 49ers had the ball. The steelers couldn't do a thing! And stupid me pick Najee Harris in both my fantasy leagues.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I like Herbert better than Hurts, Lamar and Allen but they are all different. If he continues as he is, he will be in the Hall. I thing you will come to like him in too.

I like him, it is not about that for me. I just don't think Herbert is great yet. Saying a QB is very good isn't a put down, why some take it like that is odd. Being very good means you are top 10 at worse. He only has 2 signature wins in the NFL that I can think of, he did beat the Chiefs twice. He is 2-4 against them though and has never came close to beating them for the Division. He has 0 Playoffs wins as well. Yesterday he was at home vs the Dolphins, that would have been a signature win but he and his team failed again. He had the ball with a chance to win on a final drive where all they needed was a FG and he's taken sacks. He reminds me of Dak Prescott - great talent, beats the average and bad teams, but usally folds against the good-great teams. Lamar has won an MVP and a playoff game. Allen has won 4 playoff games and had the KC beat 2 years ago in a Playoff game with what should have been the game winning TD. Burrow is great to me, he has made a SB and 2 Title games. Problem with Burrow, can he stay healthy. He didn't look right yesterday and has been injured in the past = his rookie season. He pulled up gimpy in practice just a month ago.

We should be critical of QB's like Burrow, Herbert, Lamar, and Dak because of the money they make. That is just the NFL.

If I was starting a team today, I would definitely take Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts, Allen, and Lamar over Herbert. They all have accomplished more and have won important playoff games. I may change my tune if Burrow or Lamar get injured again and Herbert can lead the Chargers on a deep playoff run. Herbert is equal to Dak, JMO. Trevor is in that discussion too. His Jags beat Herbert's Chargers last year in the Playoffs.

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I was one who underestimated the 49ers. I picked them to win by like a touchdown or so. But man.. every time I checked the game the 49ers had the ball. The steelers couldn't do a thing! And stupid me pick Najee Harris in both my fantasy leagues.

Najee was outright bad in few games last year, and it seems to be the pattern.. maybe teams have figured him out. I had to auto draft 2 of my leagues, and he got into one of those. 49ers, I thought, may take a step back in defense, but they look formidable now on both sides, and Purdy seems to be perfect match for them.

49ers, Philly and regular season Cowboys seem to be the same or even better than last year. Dak has been dud for few years now not doing much in passing game, and I ended up drafting him in one league this year..

I had Aiyuk in 2 of my leagues and had him on bench in both! 

For the first time in my short try in fantasy, I drafted elite TEs this year in 2 leagues and both Kelce and Andrews are injured so far. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seeing him lump to the locker room did not look good for his return. Jets fandom is cruel.

I feel bad for Jets fan. They were so excited about this season. It is still early. They have a lot of talent, as do the Bills.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

NFL Network is showing the Jags @ colts game.

Already saw that. Lol

Peyton and Eli are just clowns.

Been referencing their auditions.

Then after Rodgers got hurt, Peyton was like he has to have some magic position back there don't he.

Eli, was like "some hallucinogens" lol

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I did not add ESPN 2 to my a la carte package of channels. I don't watch much TV. I do have ESPN and NFL Network and some other channels that I watch.

I don't watch much TV either.

They're interviewing John McEnroe right now.

They have highlight clips on YT usually the next day 

Solid entertainment.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I’m not able to watch. No cable and don’t have NFL+ or ESPN+. Might get one at some point if my financial situation ever improves. 

Can you listen on the radio? Is there still Westward One? I have not listened to sports on the radio for a while.

Just now, w87r said:

No sure yet.

Something to left leg. Can't tell on replays.

Looked like maybe ankle or foot potentially?

Saleh said it was an ankle injury

• Like 1