Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay: “Taylor healed up”

GoColts8818

If the OLine can bounce back to previous form, Taylor could have another monster year.  Big "if" though.

I'm very interest to see how Steichen uses him.  Will he get more touches in the air (as opposed to previous years) and used as an all purpose back or will he be used as a primary running back only?  I think Taylor can do it all, but don't remember Frank using him in the flat as much??

24 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

If the OLine can bounce back to previous form, Taylor could have another monster year.  Big "if" though.

I'm very interest to see how Steichen uses him.  Will he get more touches in the air (as opposed to previous years) and used as an all purpose back or will he be used as a primary running back only?  I think Taylor can do it all, but don't remember Frank using him in the flat as much??

He is the only true playmaker on offense.  I expect JT to be used in both the running and passing game. Should expect 17-25 touches a game. 

2 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

He is the only true playmaker on offense.  I expect JT to be used in both the running and passing game. Should expect 17-25 touches a game. 

I really don't agree that JT is the only play maker on the offense.  Pittman and Pierce are fully equipped and capable of making plays.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I really don't agree that JT is the only play maker on the offense.  Pittman and Pierce are fully equipped and capable of making plays.

I thought about them but don’t find either of them consistent to call them playmakers. Potential for both but really haven’t seen anything pro bowl type of numbers worthy from either. Nothing more than a gut feeling but thinking MPJ may not be on the team next year. I understand why you would think they are though. I think Alec Pierce breaks out this year or next. 

11 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I thought about them but don’t find either of them consistent to call them playmakers. Potential for both but really haven’t seen anything pro bowl type of numbers worthy from either. Nothing more than a gut feeling but thinking MPJ may not be on the team next year. I understand why you would think they are though. I think Alec Pierce breaks out this year or next. 

Pittman was found to be the Colts most underrated player by Coltswire. His numbers have been great considering the last two QB's he has been catching passes from. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Pittman was found to be the Colts most underrated player by Coltswire. His numbers have been great considering the last two QB's he has been catching passes from. 

I understand your point. Someone above said maybe labeling JT as a game changer instead of playmaker would be a better way to phrase it.  MPJ does make plays, even with the QB position changing every year. He is a good player but I don’t think he is on JTs level or really close enough to be in the same conversation. At one point they were talking MVP for JT and he is a running back.  I feel MPJ is more likely to be passed by Pierce as the main WR weapon than the team to sign him to a deal that shows we are building the offense around him. Saying that, they very well may have an extension in place for MPJ before training camp. I have no insight beyond being a fan so this is all just my opinion