Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Like or Dislike?

sb41champs

3 hours ago, sb41champs said:

The Detroit Lions unveiled their new alternate helmet earlier this week

Like - or - dislike? DL.jfif 11.01 kB · 5 downloads

Image didn't open.

Anyway, saw the news.

Helmet looks stylish and sharp.. would have been awesome but for one important failure. 

The real joke of the whole thing is that Lion .. I don't do drawings well, and if I'm forced to draw a lion, it would look like that starving lion in the helmet with lean legs, and my cat has got fatter and stronger legs and a ferocious face than that...

So, the real question is, what's the story behind the Lion in the alternate helmet?

Did Detroit Lions once had that Lion as their actual logo in the past? That this is now throwback to old times?

Otherwise, the organization sounds stupid to call that a Lion. Even Worse if they had called that a Lion in the past. 

Current Lions logo looks great, they should've kept the same or make the alternate helmet with current Lions logo and keep it that way going forward. 

By the way, a Lion should look like the one in my profile picture here. 

On 6/24/2023 at 3:24 PM, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Image didn't open.

Anyway, saw the news.

Helmet looks stylish and sharp.. would have been awesome but for one important failure. 

The real joke of the whole thing is that Lion .. I don't do drawings well, and if I'm forced to draw a lion, it would look like that starving lion in the helmet with lean legs, and my cat has got fatter and stronger legs and a ferocious face than that...

So, the real question is, what's the story behind the Lion in the alternate helmet?

Did Detroit Lions once had that Lion as their actual logo in the past? That this is now throwback to old times?

Otherwise, the organization sounds stupid to call that a Lion. Even Worse if they had called that a Lion in the past. 

Current Lions logo looks great, they should've kept the same or make the alternate helmet with current Lions logo and keep it that way going forward. 

By the way, a Lion should look like the one in my profile picture here. 

I concur!!

So - HOW did you get the image to load??

9 hours ago, sb41champs said:

I concur!!

So - HOW did you get the image to load??

I couldn't get it to open, the extension .tff or something isn't recognized, maybe if we rename the file as .JPG or .GIF, it may open.

I find that the Lions logo in this alternate helmet was used as their logo for about 2 decades from 1946, so that's why they have it now as throwback. 

Detroit-Lions-Logo-history-720x965.jpg