Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

Just now, csmopar said:

With all the smoke about Levis, I didn’t think was going to be him.  I was seriously concerned they would try to trade up for Stroud. I think Houston may have saved us there

I thought we were going to trade up to 3 for Richardson. When the Texans traded up to 3 instead I was ecstatic since I knew we were getting our guy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How many rings did the Bulls win before Phil and the triangle offense came to town?

In a very boring, hold your nose, kind of way.  But, the bulls won because they never had to go through two or three teams that had MJs on them already.  Bulls had the only one.

Ballard is desperate to find his.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It has crossed my mind a lot, I think he will be really good. I go back and forth, should it be Porter, Torrence, or Mayer? 

If we didn’t go Jelani Woods and Granson in past years, I’d agree. OL has to be #1 at the top of the list.

• Like 4

I know the Colts brass will give the usual draft time "He was always 100% our guy" lip service, but I gotta wonder... What were the percentage draft chances between AR and Levis prior to Houston jumping back up and taking Anderson, and then what were the chances after that.

Just now, DougDew said:

In a very boring, hold your nose, kind of way.  But, the bulls won because never had to go through two or three teams with MJs on them already.  Bulls had the only one.

I see you have latched onto another terrible take.  Another take that only you subscribe to.   Carry on

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

With all the smoke about Levis, I didn’t think was going to be him.  I was seriously concerned they would try to trade up for Stroud. I think Houston may have saved us there

Oh I thought it would be Levis with the way the odds were jumping in Vegas and it felt like some of the media was pushing Levis on us. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is a highlight machine, youtube has some great stuff too. I wish the season could start tomorrow.

I’ve spent the morning watching film on him, one thing I missed the last few time was on even the catches the WRS make, that ball is hot going in. It’s moving on them a lot when they catch it. Saw more than one WR shaking off his hands like the ball stung him . That velocity deep is impressive. 

only QB I’ve seen throw it with such velocity like that in recent memory is John Elway. Elway had little touch early in his career but he made people’s hands burn with that velocity. 

i also thing that’s why the drops from 0-15 yards are insanely high. A lot of the drops had great ball placement, but they bounced right out of the bread basket. Some of that is on the WR, but some of those balls were in there HOT

he needs to stick with number 15! The kid has a rifle for an arm

• Like 5

Just now, Pelt said:

I know the Colts brass will give the usual draft time "He was always 100% our guy" lip service, but I gotta wonder... What were the percentage draft chances between AR and Levis prior to Houston jumping back up and taking Anderson, and then what were the chances after that.

I thought about this. I think we would have taken Anderson or traded back if Richardson went at 3. I don't think we ever wanted Levis as he didn't even go in the 1st round. We could have probably gotten a non QB at 4 and Levis at 35 honestly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

In a very boring, hold your nose, kind of way.  But, the bulls won because they never had to go through two or three teams that had MJs on them already.  Bulls had the only one.

For me, Ballard was on the hot seat regardless of what he did. 

Trading back and playing it safe only for the team to still fail would also net him an unemployment slip. 

Picking Will Levis and him failing would get him fired. 

Richardson failing could get him fired as well. 

I guess what I'm saying is if you know this is your last chance, why not take the big swing and gamble all the chips. If you lose, you lose and move on. But if you hit, you hit big. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh I thought it would be Levis with the way the odds were jumping in Vegas and it felt like some of the media was pushing Levis on us. 

If Levis had gone number 1 like Vegas odds grew too on Wednesday, I’d made 1.5 million. Instead, I lost 100 bucks but oh well.

something is up with Levis, not sure what but to drop from potential 1 overall just days ago to out of the first round, tells me it’s more than needing to develop. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we got some good options at #35, Ballard has a great track record too with his 2nd round picks. 

I could see us trading back from 35 a few spots for an additional second this year, maybe bundle that extra 4th we have if needed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I’ve spent the morning watching film on him, one thing I missed the last few time was on even the catches the WRS make, that ball is hot going in. It’s moving on them a lot when they catch it. Saw more than one WR shaking off his hands like the ball stung him . That velocity deep is impressive. 

only QB I’ve seen throw it with such velocity like that in recent memory is John Elway. Elway had little touch early in his career but he made people’s hands burn with that velocity. 

i also thing that’s why the drops from 0-15 yards are insanely high. A lot of the drops had great ball placement, but they bounced right out of the bread basket. Some of that is on the WR, but some of those balls were in there HOT

Probably the only worrisome thing AR said during the pre draft process was something to the effect he shouldn’t have to take anything off his passes/receivers should catch it.

I hope that was more an in the moment quote, because he’s definitely gonna’ have to throw with touch at times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

CB is deep, don't worry... I like your pick. 

I was not too pleased with the pick (Addison), especially with so much top talent on defense still available. I think it is easy to find quality WRs in later rounds. (I view the WR position the way you all view RBs.) It is a lot harder to draft quality CBs. I also don't believe he was BPA. We should have taken Nolan Smith. I was shocked Smith was still there when we picked.

We are not expected to pick again until the end of the third round. I wanted the first round pick to be a great impact player. I'm not sure this guy is. The only thing I like is that reports say he is a good route runner. Hopefully he turns out to be a good player. Many in our fan base like the pick.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If we didn’t go Jelani Woods and Granson in past years, I’d agree. OL has to be #1 at the top of the list.

Here's a question. If you think you have a top TE on the board available to pick... a player who can be our Goedert or Mark Andrews... does it really matter that we have Granson? Like... he's OK, but he's not a player I would allow to dictate to me whether I pick a really talented TE in a really strong TE class. My personal favorite among the TEs is Tucker Kraft out of South Dakota State(Goedert's school)

Just now, csmopar said:

If Levis had gone number 1 like Vegas odds grew too on Wednesday, I’d made 1.5 million. Instead, I lost 100 bucks but oh well.

something is up with Levis, not sure what but to drop from potential 1 overall just days ago to out of the first round, tells me it’s more than needing to develop. 

Damn, I wish you would have won that pay off, you would have been set. You can buy me a Big Mac + a large Fry at that point haha . That actually wasn't a bad bet with the way the odds were swaying.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Probably the only worrisome thing AR said during the pre draft process was something to the effect he shouldn’t have to take anything off his passes/receivers should catch it.

I hope that was more an in the moment quote, because he’s definitely gonna’ have to throw with touch at times.

I agree there and that’s what has had me so negative on him. But I can also see where he can say that. There were several times the ball was on the money and his WR turned his head away before catching it. Like trying to run before securing it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I see you have latched onto another terrible take.  Another take that only you subscribe to.   Carry on

LOL,  over the years, all of my takes have been correct, including Hooker being a terrible pick at 15  calling Wentz excitable after the second game and Hines not deserving a roster spot.  You know they have been correct, and it bugs you.  

AR is a desperation pick.

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

That was said more in a joking manner. At least I took it that way. He was being lighthearted with the media throughout most of the presser. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Here's a question. If you think you have a top TE on the board available to pick... a player who can be our Goedert or Mark Andrews... does it really matter that we have Granson? Like... he's OK, but he's not a player I would allow to dictate to me whether I pick a really talented TE in a really strong TE class. My personal favorite among the TEs is Tucker Kraft out of South Dakota State(Goedert's school)

Agreed, I think we will look at upgrades now at any position maybe even double up on QB and get Levis, that would be something

1 minute ago, stitches said:

That was said more in a joking manner. He was being lighthearted with the media throughout most of the presser. 

Really? Huh, I never saw the clip and everybody’s reaction made it seem like he said it seriously.

That’s good to know then.

Just now, DougDew said:

LOL,  over the years, all of my takes have been correct, including Hooker being a terrible pick at 15  calling Wentz excitable after the second game and Hines not deserving a roster spot.  You know they have been correct, and it bugs you.  

AR is a desperation pick.

Dude, no you’ve not been right all the time. Not even close. Stop lying to yourself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

I was not too pleased with the pick (Addison), especially with so much top talent on defense still available. I think it is easy to find quality WRs in later rounds. (I view the WR position the way you all view RBs.) It is a lot harder to draft quality CBs. I also don't believe he was BPA. We should have taken Nolan Smith. I was shocked Smith was still there when we picked.

We are not expected to pick again until the end of the third round. I wanted the first round pick to be a great impact player. I'm not sure this guy is. The only thing I liked is that he is a good route runner. Hopefully he turns out to be a good player. Many in our fan base like the pick.

I had him ranked a bit lower (in the 30-35 range). I agree on Nolan Smith. I was getting excited that he may have made it to the Colts before the Eagles took him. You got the last guy in the top WR tier in Addison IMO. If it makes you feel any better, he's my no3 WR in the draft and I have him ranked higher than Quinton Johnston who went before you. 

It's an incredibly deep CB class. I think you get one on the 3rd that's good. If you don't take one until day 3, then you can worry.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need a great TE that AR can have as a security blanket with his style of play. A TE that is automatic on 3rd and short and great in the Red Zone.

Thats what Woods will be. I think Ogletree is going to be nice too.

• Like 3

Really? Wow, I never saw the clip and everybody’s reaction made it seem like he said it seriously.

Thats good to know then

Yeah, you need to see the entire context of it. They asked about “scheme and if it’d be similar to what he did with Hurts and if AR could fit that mold”

it was a back door attempt to get comparisons from him after Ballard and him had just shot down the comparisons thing twice in a row from the same reporter

• Like 2

Just now, csmopar said:

Agreed, I think we will look at upgrades now at any position maybe even double up on QB and get Levis, that would be something

No way they go Qb in the second round.  Imagine trying to explain that to AR.   Hey you're the future,  but just in case you aren't. 

Now try to explain it to Levis.   Not to mention not upgrading the roster at another position of need

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

We are not expected to pick again until the end of the third round. I wanted the first round pick to be a great impact player. I'm not sure this guy is. The only thing I like is that reports say he is a good route runner. Hopefully he turns out to be a good player. Many in our fan base like the pick.

If I was you guys, I would have took Porter. They need defensive help. 

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Thats what Woods will be. I think Ogletree is going to be nice too.

I hope so, they are good talents no doubt. 

• Like 1

Just now, jvan1973 said:

No way they go Qb in the second round.  Imagine trying to explain that to AR.   Hey you're the future,  but just in case you aren't. 

Now try to explain it to Levis.   Not to mention not upgrading the roster at another position of need

Oh I know they won’t but that would be hilarious. And it’d be a shoot out for competition.

now if Levis falls to 3rd round… it might be more palatable to do. Still don’t think there’s a chance is frozen heck for that to actually go down but I could see a bit of logic to it 

• Like 1

Really? Wow, I never saw the clip and everybody’s reaction made it seem like he said it seriously.

Thats good to know then

At least I took it that way. He seemed very personable and genuine in the presser. Here's the presser. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah, you need to see the entire context of it. They asked about “scheme and if it’d be similar to what he did with Hurts and if AR could fit that mold”

it was a back door attempt to get comparisons from him after Ballard and him had just shot down the comparisons thing twice in a row from the same reporter

Yeah, AR’s presser is the one I have yet to watch. Thanks for the reminder 

Just now, csmopar said:

Woods flashed some great potential as had MAC but Reich and company just didn’t use them consistently. It’s weird

Woods would make a big play they get forgotten about the rest of the game. No reason woods shouldnt have been a 10 td guy especially if targeted in redzone