Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 Mock Draft 2.0

1. Anthony Richardson QB Florida

I think this is the obvious pick. Stroud is going first and Texans will take Young. Cards imo will stay at 3 and take Will Anderson. AR might not start right away, but I can see plays designed for him especially in the red zone. I do think he's Ballard's ideal prospect in terms of athleticism and someone they can mold for years to come.

Trade back with the Commanders from 35 to 47 and get pick 97 and they can take Hooker.

2. Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee

The more I watch Hyatt, the more I want him. The colts need speed at WR to play in the slot. I know we got McKenzie, but imo Hyatt can be our T.Y of the future and it provides the colts some insurance if they can't re-sign Pitt.

3. Joe Tippman C/G Wisconsin 

Ballard loves Badgers and Tippman is one tough SOB. Nasty, tough, and technically sound. Would start right away imo

3. Julius Brent CB Kansas State

Might be gone by this point, but Brent is a typical Ballard corner. Big, long, athletic, and isn't afraid to hit. Would fit in nicely outside to keep Kenny in the slot.

4. Mekhi Blackmon CB USC

Don't be surprised if Ballard doubles down on CB. We're really lacking in depth. Blackmon was an under the radar prospect until the senior bowl as he impressed scouts. Senior Bowl is a big thing for the colts and Blackmon's versatility to play in and out adds more value.

5. Brenton Cox Jr. DE Florida 

Maybe not be the type of player Ballard goes after since character is a big thing for him, but the talent is there. This could potentially be a day three steal pick. 

5. Evan Hull RB Northwestern

Hull adds a pass catching RB to our offense that we don't currently have and we know Steichen likes using a lot of different RBs in his offense.

5. Avery Roberts LB Oregon State

Recorded over 120 tackles this past season. Can contribute on STs and adds LB depth.

7. Christian Jones T Texas

Started at LT and helped Bijon Robinson put up some of his best numbers. Still very raw, but could be a good prospect to mold.

7. Jalen Graham LB Purdue 

Local prospect to add competition to our LB depth.

I would be happy with this draft

but……

It sure seems like there is mucho interest in AR(7+8)

I wouldn’t be surprised if Seattle at 5 moved up to get Richardson

the Cards could STILL get a great DL player at 5

Seattle seems like a perfect spot as well as they have a current QB that can play effectively until AR(7+8) gets ready

I also read where Levi’s actually received a 4.0 on his masters degree

i always wondered how smart the kid was

I guess Chloe wore me down

I would be happy with Levi’s here at 4 as well 

lotsa options for the Colts.   

Hopefully the Colts get lucky and make the right decision. 

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

I would be happy with this draft

but……

It sure seems like there is mucho interest in AR(7+8)

I wouldn’t be surprised if Seattle at 5 moved up to get Richardson

the Cards could STILL get a great DL player at 5

Seattle seems like a perfect spot as well as they have a current QB that can play effectively until AR(7+8) gets ready

I also read where Levi’s actually received a 4.0 on his masters degree

I guess Chloe wore me down

I would be happy with Levi’s here at 4 as well 

lotsa options for the Colts.   

Hopefully the Colts get lucky and make the right decision. 

Well here's my thinking about that. Why would the Cards help a division rival get a QB that can potentially torment them for the next 10-15 years?

Just now, CR91 said:

Well here's my thinking about that. Why would the Cards help a division rival get a QB that can potentially torment them for the next 10-15 years?

I didn’t think about that.  

you may be right

The truth is…… I don’t know

Just hoping that we get a QB here somewhere

i do like the WR that you selected here

47 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I didn’t think about that.  

you may be right

The truth is…… I don’t know

Just hoping that we get a QB here somewhere

i do like the WR that you selected here

And if they trade with say the Lions at 6, Seahawks will take Will Anderson. 

53 minutes ago, CR91 said:

A QB that will sit for 2-3 years (Not Matter) while the top DE or DT plays and wreaks havoc on a fragile AZ QB... The NFL is about 'What have you done for me lately...' If you are not winning, bye bye coach.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out for sure

4 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

A QB that will sit for 2-3 years (Not Matter) while the top DE or DT plays and wreaks havoc on a fragile AZ QB... The NFL is about 'What have you done for me lately...' If you are not winning, bye bye coach.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out for sure

Very valid point

CB HAS to feel the heat

I think his contract keeps him here for 2 years, but uf we lose both years and no progress in year 1......

He SHOULD be let go  

19 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

Your crazy if you think AR is sitting for two years. He'll be starting by mid-season possibly earlier 

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

You’re crazy if you think AR is sitting for two years. He'll be starting by mid-season possibly earlier 

Im not crazy you’re crazy…lol… You’re crazy if you are thinking that I am not responding to forum entries (MC and CR91) saying that  AZ would not be open to trading the pick to Seattle. With the purpose of the trade being Seattle taking Richardson. In the short term Seattle would have a drafted player sitting for 2+ years behind Geno… instead of getting Carter or Anderson which would have an immediate impact on the health/success of the AZ QB. If Seattle jumps Indy, then we go trade back or go Anderson. That’s all I was saying or responding to

4 hours ago, FalseStart said:

Im not crazy you’re crazy…lol… You’re crazy if you are thinking that I am not responding to forum entries (MC and CR91) saying that  AZ would not be open to trading the pick to Seattle. With the purpose of the trade being Seattle taking Richardson. In the short term Seattle would have a drafted player sitting for 2+ years behind Geno… instead of getting Carter or Anderson which would have an immediate impact on the health/success of the AZ QB. If Seattle jumps Indy, then we go trade back or go Anderson. That’s all I was saying or responding to

I thought you meant we'd sit AR for 2 years. I just don't see it. Why would Seattle give up assets to trade up for a QB when they just paid Geno? You're gonna have a top 3 pick sit for two years? That's a terrible idea.

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I thought you meant we'd sit AR for 2 years. I just don't see it. Why would Seattle give up assets to trade up for a QB when they just paid Geno? You're gonna have a top 3 pick sit for two years? That's a terrible idea.

The teams that look ahead are pretty successful.  Having a back up QB on a rookie contract is pretty sweet. Being behind Geno is not a bad thing.  

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The teams that look ahead are pretty successful.  Having a back up QB on a rookie contract is pretty sweet. Being behind Geno is not a bad thing.  

You don't spend a top 3 pick to have them sit for years. Thats insane

51 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You don't spend a top 3 pick to have them sit for years. Thats insane

Years? Are you aware that Geno's contract is not guaranteed past the 1st year of his contract? So it would be a smart move to get some insurance in case Geno does have any regression. It's not like he has a long history of great play. 

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Years? Are you aware that Geno's contract is not guaranteed past the 1st year of his contract? So it would be a smart move to get some insurance in case Geno does have any regression. It's not like he has a long history of great play. 

Which side of the argument are you on? You first said the Cards won't care because he won't play for years. Now you're saying He'll play if Geno sucks.

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Which side of the argument are you on? You first said the Cards won't care because he won't play for years. Now you're saying He'll play if Geno sucks.

What are you even talking about? We were talking about the Seahawks moving to #3, not the Cardinals picking a QB at #3. Geez

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What are you even talking about? We were talking about the Seahawks moving to #3, not the Cardinals picking a QB at #3. Geez

What? My argument was the cards wouldn't trade with the Seahawks because they don't wanna trade with a division rival.

I love it.  I’m not a proponent of a high draft pick going towards wr this year, but if we got Tippman and Brents in the 3rd (two guys I’ve mocked to us in the 2nd at various points this year), I’d be over the moon.  And Richardson is just the right thing to do…

I don’t see Seattle making that move. They’ll roll with Geno. I also think the Raiders will roll with Jimmy G. The Lions, however, with Goff….. they are a team to watch here. The trade down to 6 from 3 still nets the Cards a top D player. And they can harvest a lot of draft capital from Detroit. That’s the quiet move I’d be fearing if I’m the Colts’ brass. 

As for the mock, this is a nice job. I don’t believe Julius Brent makes it out of the 2nd round, however. And Tippmann might not either. I could see a trade down from pick 35 to the mid round, pick up an earlier 3rd rounder, and get both Brent and Tippmann. They would have to forego the Tenn. WR, but Richardson, Brent and Tippmann would be quite a haul with the first three picks. 

22 hours ago, CR91 said:

Learning the pro game. 13 total starts for Richardson…Like Aaron Rodgers. 

9 hours ago, Hoose said:

I don’t see Seattle making that move. They’ll roll with Geno. I also think the Raiders will roll with Jimmy G. The Lions, however, with Goff….. they are a team to watch here. The trade down to 6 from 3 still nets the Cards a top D player. And they can harvest a lot of draft capital from Detroit. That’s the quiet move I’d be fearing if I’m the Colts’ brass. 

As for the mock, this is a nice job. I don’t believe Julius Brent makes it out of the 2nd round, however. And Tippmann might not either. I could see a trade down from pick 35 to the mid round, pick up an earlier 3rd rounder, and get both Brent and Tippmann. They would have to forego the Tenn. WR, but Richardson, Brent and Tippmann would be quite a haul with the first three picks. 

Not sure what Goff's contract is, but I'm pretty sure their still paying a ton of money.

It's hard to place players. I've seen mocks as early as 2nd to mid to late 3rd.

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

There's no Brett Favre here. 

The point is that no good GM is going to put a rookie QB (especially a 20 year old with ~13 starts) out there before he is ready. And plenty of examples of failed QBs out there along with a video of Ballard mentioning something similar. 

2 hours ago, FalseStart said:

The point is that no good GM is going to put a rookie QB (especially a 20 year old with ~13 starts) out there before he is ready. And plenty of examples of failed QBs out there along with a video of Ballard mentioning something similar. 

Then he shouldn't be a top 3 pick. You don't draft a player that high to have him sit. How many top 3 players sat for years in the last 20 years?

On 4/2/2023 at 3:25 AM, CR91 said:

1. Anthony Richardson QB Florida

I think this is the obvious pick. Stroud is going first and Texans will take Young. Cards imo will stay at 3 and take Will Anderson. AR might not start right away, but I can see plays designed for him especially in the red zone. I do think he's Ballard's ideal prospect in terms of athleticism and someone they can mold for years to come.

Trade back with the Commanders from 35 to 47 and get pick 97 and they can take Hooker.

2. Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee

The more I watch Hyatt, the more I want him. The colts need speed at WR to play in the slot. I know we got McKenzie, but imo Hyatt can be our T.Y of the future and it provides the colts some insurance if they can't re-sign Pitt.

3. Joe Tippman C/G Wisconsin 

Ballard loves Badgers and Tippman is one tough SOB. Nasty, tough, and technically sound. Would start right away imo

3. Julius Brent CB Kansas State

Might be gone by this point, but Brent is a typical Ballard corner. Big, long, athletic, and isn't afraid to hit. Would fit in nicely outside to keep Kenny in the slot.

4. Mekhi Blackmon CB USC

Don't be surprised if Ballard doubles down on CB. We're really lacking in depth. Blackmon was an under the radar prospect until the senior bowl as he impressed scouts. Senior Bowl is a big thing for the colts and Blackmon's versatility to play in and out adds more value.

5. Brenton Cox Jr. DE Florida 

Maybe not be the type of player Ballard goes after since character is a big thing for him, but the talent is there. This could potentially be a day three steal pick. 

5. Evan Hull RB Northwestern

Hull adds a pass catching RB to our offense that we don't currently have and we know Steichen likes using a lot of different RBs in his offense.

5. Avery Roberts LB Oregon State

Recorded over 120 tackles this past season. Can contribute on STs and adds LB depth.

7. Christian Jones T Texas

Started at LT and helped Bijon Robinson put up some of his best numbers. Still very raw, but could be a good prospect to mold.

7. Jalen Graham LB Purdue 

Local prospect to add competition to our LB depth.

I will literally break my neck attempting a backflip if the Colts were able to land Richardson, Hyatt, and Brents.

On 4/3/2023 at 2:22 PM, Hoose said:

Lions fans would revolt if they traded up for a qb. Goff is the guy there, he is only 28 and they are more likely to give him a new contract this season than draft his replacement.

22 minutes ago, Mike06181 said:

Lions fans would revolt if they traded up for a qb. Goff is the guy there, he is only 28 and they are more likely to give him a new contract this season than draft his replacement.

Keep in mind that GMs really don't care if fans want to revolt.   Goff was a remnant of the Stafford trade.  I'm not saying the Lions are looking for a QB but Goff's record is 54-45-1 as a starter. I wouldn't assume that Holmes is not keeping his eyes on potential future QBs. 

48 minutes ago, Mike06181 said:

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Keep in mind that GMs really don't care if fans want to revolt.   Goff was a remnant of the Stafford trade.  I'm not saying the Lions are looking for a QB but Goff's record is 54-45-1 as a starter. I wouldn't assume that Holmes is not keeping his eyes on potential future QBs. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/lions_hc_dan_campbell_praises_jared_goff_leaves_door_ajar_for_qb_selection/s1_14819_38676559

Archived