Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some late round prospects? (rounds 5-7)

Anyone have any favorites? Here's what I have in mind:

Hunter Leupke (FB) - 6'1'' 236 lbs, can play FB and short yardage RB. Gives us the FB that our offense needs, as well as a power runner in short yardage situations. Ability to run and catch the ball in some dosages.

Michael Turk (P) - big punter at 6'0'' 240 lbs ala Shane Lechler. 25 reps Bench Press at combine. Yards per punt the past 3 seasons - 46.8, 51.2, 47.2.

Before anyone says that those are not premium positions at all, my response is "it's better to have a all-pro FB or punter that sees the field, than a 4th string edge rusher that does not (ala Ben Banogu)." Not to mention at worst, you're spending a late-round pick.

I too like the looks of Hunter as a true FB.......but, I'm not sure that Shane has used a true FB at any point as an OC?????

And kickers and punters - there are so many UDFA's every year that are good that I would never draft one personally. 

Good late rounders thought!

I would add a WR from Florida in Justin Shorter...........6'3" and 224 lbs..........we'll see how he tests out though!

Tyson Bagnet _QB-Shepherd 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/tyson-bagent-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

Most NCAA career td's at 159,live arm,good athlete his father is World Champion Arm Wrestler Travis Bagent

I think someone takes a late flyer on this kid and sees what NFL coaching does for his weaknesses.

Went 17/22 at Senior Bowl and didnt seemed overwhelmed at all.

11 hours ago, Archer said:

Demario Douglas, WR, Liberty

Starling Thomas IV, CB, UAB

Moro Ojomo, DT, Texas

Lonnie Phelps, Edge, Kansas

Moro Ojomo is interesting, he can be 1-tech, 3-tech or 5-tech because he has the length. But his lack of lateral mobility but great first step suggests rotational 3-tech inside, who can maybe disrupt but not finish and maybe with some coaching get in some passing lanes.

I would also add DeWayne McBride, RB out of UAB. He is a complete back with elite agility laterally.  At 5-11, 210 pounds, he’ll likely run in the 4.4 range and it shows on film. He is probably a JT type of back in the later rounds.

Other offensive players I like are Jake Bobo, WR, UCLA at 6'5", 215, and Josh Whyle, TE, Cincinnati, at 6'7" 240, both of whom have great catching radius and can be used in the middle and are good blockers too. They run good routes too. There isn't too much speed at WR position in this draft, pretty weak at the top, IMO with a lot of 2nd tier contributors littered all over the draft.

DT Dante Stills (West Virginia) 

Dante was on my draft list last season before heading back to college for another season.  Projected as a late round pick last year.  Not sure if he done enough to raise his draft grade but he would add quality depth behind Buckner that we lack.  Stills earned an 85.7 PFF grade this year and true to Colt's draft moto of last season, at the combine turned in a 9.15 RAS.

Archived