Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 MLB Baseball

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

It’s tough, and you know it’s possible Bellinger will probably be gone after this season if the Cubs don’t offer him something good. He’s the spark we needed, but even he has fizzled out a bit. Dansby also struggling, it’s very concerning. We’re hanging on by a thread, will almost have to win out to make it in. I hope they take this day off to re-energize the troops.

Looking at the D Backs, Reds, and Marlins schedule, I think to be safe we need to go 9-3 to end the season. That should get us in. 9-3 is a tall order though. We will have to play at least good baseball, if not great at times to achieve that. We have the next 6 games in a row where we should win at least 5 of 6 vs the Pirates and Rockies. We finish the last 6 games at Atlanta for 3, then at the Brewers for 3. Atlanta rested some players vs the Marlins because they aren't playing for anything, maybe they will do that against us??

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs blow the Pirates out. Great to get the Arizona stink off of us. Reds lost as well. We are currently in the final playoff spot still. 1 game ahead of the Reds and a half game ahead of the Marlins.

Fly the Flag @HOZER, huge win tonight. 

The Padres are hot all of a sudden, winning 6 in a row with our 2nd walk-off of the season, and the first since the 3rd game of the year - before this streak, we hadn't won 4 in a row at any point! It's all a little too late IMO, we're 5 & 1/2 games out of a Wild Card with 10 to play, and 6 teams ahead of us for 3 spots so it's all over but the crying although we can still salvage a .500 season if we go 7-3 or better in our final games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Ugh Cubs will go nowhere without a reliable bullpen. 11-6 Pirates in the 6th.

Biggest issue is these guys aren't use to this many innings in a season. That's the part that is killing Steele. He hadn't pitched that much since probably high school if even then. He's tiring. Hopefully next year he's learned 

• Like 1

Cubs with a dud tonight! Reds and Marlins both lost as well. 10 games to go for the Cubs and here is how it looks, the race for the final playoff spot:

Cubs 79-73

Marlins 79-74 (.5)

Reds 79-75 (1)

At least we won last night to end that losing streak, the other 2 teams keep losing as well. It is good we have less losses than both. I know the Marlins have the tiebreaker over us, not sure about the Reds? We need the Marlins to keep losing. I really don't care how we get in, as long as we do. At that point everyone is 0-0 and we are 1 of 6 teams. The regular season is long and drawn out. It is a grind and it looks like our Pitchers are gassed. We are still hanging on somehow to a playoff spot. We will see how it finishes out.

• Like 1

Watching a special on Ben Zobrist during the 2016 run, man I miss that dude, he was such a special player. Hate the way his career ended. Would love to see him come back to the Cubs in some capacity. My favorite memory is seeing him ride to the stadium on game day on his bike while wearing his uniform, ready to go, lol!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HOZER said:

Watching a special on Ben Zobrist during the 2016 run, man I miss that dude, he was such a special player. Hate the way his career ended. Would love to see him come back to the Cubs in some capacity. My favorite memory is seeing him ride to the stadium on game day on his bike while wearing his uniform, ready to go, lol!

We don't have the tiebreaker over the Marlins or Reds. We need to finish 1 game better than both to get in. No matter what happens, the Cubs have brought us excitement again. 2021 and 2022 were a disaster. We are in this thing with 10 games to go. All you can ask for. As of now, ESPN is showing we have a 45% chance to make the playoffs. Not bad odds. 

• Like 1

Back in it, 5-4 Pirates, LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!’

Couple observations…..

Swanson has gone so cold at the plate, it’s beyond ridiculous. And now his defense is struggling? Oh boy.

Why the F is Ross not batting Canario????? I know he said now is not the time to develop players, but COME ON!!! The dude is a killer, PUT HIM IN!!!! We all saw what he did last time he was given an opportunity!!!! PUT HIM IN!!!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Back in it, 5-4 Pirates, LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!’

Couple observations…..

Swanson has gone so cold at the plate, it’s beyond ridiculous. And now his defense is struggling? Oh boy.

Why the F is Ross not batting Canario????? I know he said now is not the time to develop players, but COME ON!!! The dude is a killer, PUT HIM IN!!!! We all saw what he did last time he was given an opportunity!!!! PUT HIM IN!!!! 

Another error and a big one. There should be 2 outs and nobody on. I have watched this whole game and it has been frustrating on all levels.