Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay letter to fans

csmopar

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/14/2023 at 9:14 AM, AwesomeAustin said:

Read the letter. Nothing I didn’t expect him to say. Nice that he is an involved owner but at the same time it just seems like blah blah blah to me. I’m counting down to when the head coach and QB decisions are made.  As of right now everything is speculation with zero direction. I understand that is entertaining for some and enjoy reading opinions.  Myself, I don’t have one bc my go to is a wait and see approach. I don’t know enough about coaches to even want to guess who the hire will be. When that is done and coordinators are chosen, I will dig into how they have operated and how it compares to the QB options available 

Yea after his  all chips in and his placing Saturdays as coach, he has lost all credibility 

To me he said what he had to say.......but as a fan all the rhetoric, the words....the hyperbole has worn me out......I want to see some actions directed at winning.....theoretically Jim Irsay and I are in the same tax bracket now "chipless" so lets just grab a shovel and dig ourself out of this mess. No talk......action!

On 1/14/2023 at 10:03 AM, CR91 said:

I love how all you did was name bad QBs like drafting one isn't the best solution. You wanna continue this QB band-aid method 

I think most people are tired of the QB retread path.  But the reality is we could draft a guy this year that never lives up to expectations.  And it could happen several times.  

But we have to try.  We are never going anywhere without a top 10 type QB.

I agree, it's time to try and get the next Jones, Manning, and Luck in here. No more retreads, take the big swing and get Stroud. But, to be clear, I don't want Young or Levis or anyone else with our first pick, Stroud is the man to lead this team going forward.

4 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I agree, it's time to try and get the next Jones, Manning, and Luck in here. No more retreads, take the big swing and get Stroud. But, to be clear, I don't want Young or Levis or anyone else with our first pick, Stroud is the man to lead this team going forward.

Just curious why 100% sold on Stroud but do not want Levis or Young?

I do not want Young, either, due to size and the fact that he played on loaded teams with top D, top O line, top WRs and always playing with the lead...but those are the same reasons I'm iffy on Stroud... I feel Levis has the best arm, best size and best mobility of the top 3 guys...and has already played in a pro style offense (when the Rams OC was the OC in Kentucky last year)... He also played on a team this year with no talent at the skill positions and the 66th ranked O-Line as far as pass protection (and he played through injury the whole year).  Last year with just a little more help and better OC, they won 10 games at Kentucky, in the SEC...which is no small feat!

In my opinion, I'd prefer Levis with Stroud being my 2nd choice...but if Levis is gone, I'd almost be willing to trade back for more picks and take McKee from Stanford, later in the draft (I think he is much better than he showed at Stanford)

While watching Stroud in 2021 I kept saying to myself, "holy crap, that guy is good!" And that didn't change while watching him this past season either. I never expected to be holding the 4th pick this year, so it makes it possible to go get him. I think he's by far the best player, not just qb, in this years draft.

Archived