Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OLD FAN MAN said:

and how did that work out for them?

Hmmm...he won the SB with Tampa that very first year in 2002 but not much afterwards. However, that is too much a price to pay for a HC, no HC is worth a first rounder, IMO. However, it takes only 1 desperate team.

4 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Yes, that is basically what we traded to get him in the first place plus that frees cap space. 

It just takes one team but the Lions' DL has been playing better as the year went on. I can see them giving the 48 overall pick for Buckner with more mileage since they take on his contract too but I doubt they give up 18. I know it takes only 1 crazy GM to do it but fans have unrealistic expectations and takes a lot of times. However, it is time for Ballard to put up or shut up playing FA a bit more than before to fill holes instead of trading away good players if the excuse is not enough draft picks.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It just takes one team but the Lions' DL has been playing better as the year went on. I can see them giving the 48 overall pick for Buckner with more mileage since they take on his contract too but I doubt they give up 18. I know it takes only 1 crazy GM to do it but fans have unrealistic expectations and takes a lot of times. However, it is time for Ballard to put up or shut up playing FA a bit more than before to fill holes instead of trading away good players if the excuse is not enough draft picks.

Buckner though has taken him game to a higher level than when we got him

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Buckner though has taken his game to a higher level than when we got him

Yes but we don't have enough draft picks to rebuild the DL depth with plenty of other holes as well. The replacements will take a while to get to his level as well. It depends on how Ballard and Irsay view this team. Is it good enough to win 7-10 games next year with FA additions and a rookie QB? If not, trades of players can be explored. If yes, take incremental steps in the FA and then the draft to fill as many holes and hope for a quick turnaround.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Yes but we don't have enough draft picks to rebuild the DL depth with plenty of other holes as well. The replacements will take a while to get to his level as well. It depends on how Ballard and Irsay view this team. Is it good enough to win 7-10 games next year with FA additions and a rookie QB? If not, trades of players can be explored. If yes, take incremental steps in the FA and then the draft to fill as many holes and hope for a quick turnaround.

Oh I know. That’s why I’d only even think about it for a 1

Just now, csmopar said:

Oh I know. That’s why I’d only even think about it for a 1

Belichick had that rock of a QB and offense with Tom Brady at the helm to offload Richard Seymour, Chandler Jones etc. for first rounders before he had to pay them a lot. That is not the case with us where we can rely on the offensive phase to win us games. Same with Chiefs - they can rely on Mahomes and Andy Reid to win 11-12 games every year that Hill became expendable.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Belichick had that rock of a QB and offense with Tom Brady at the helm to offload Richard Seymour, Chandler Jones etc. for first rounders before he had to pay them a lot. That is not the case with us where we can rely on the offensive phase to win us games. Same with Chiefs - they can rely on Mahomes and Andy Reid to win 11-12 games every year that Hill became expendable.

I agree. I have the same thought when people say trade JT or Pitman

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Young has the one thing that can’t be fixed. Going to be interesting how this shakes out.

Unless something drastic changes this is why i dont wanna trade up to 1

None of the 3 QBs separate themself enough to be considered worth it

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

Yes, that is basically what we traded to get him in the first place plus that frees cap space. 

Definitely.  He's a really good player, but he is not worth an 18th pick and 40 mill in salary for this team which is going to likely struggle for a while.

23 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Unless something drastic changes this is why i dont wanna trade up to 1

None of the 3 QBs separate themself enough to be considered worth it

That’s your opinion though. It’s going to be up to Ballard and his staff if they think there is.  These teams probably all see them different too.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s your opinion though. It’s going to be up to Ballard and his staff if they think there is.  These teams probably all see them different too.

That's why I said unless something drastic changes because everyone and their mother will agree all 3 are talented but all 3 have flaws.

12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

That's why I said unless something drastic changes because everyone and their mother will agree all 3 are talented but all 3 have flaws.

It will be interesting to see if they think one is better then the other. You can probably have 3 different scouts have different opinions.  We will see.

Watching more Bryce young highlights I am starting to really see why people like him so much the most I watch. It is just hard for me to get over his size.  He apparently knows how to use TE well too.

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Lions fan on Reddit asked everyone on Colts page if they would trade Buckner for 18th pick

Would you

Lots of mixed answers

I probably would since Indy is still a few years away from competing and Buckner is almost 30. I would then target CB Christian Gonzalez with that 18th pick. I would maybe think of targeting DT Jalen Carter if Stroud and Young were gone by 4. 

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I probably would since Indy is still a few years away from competing and Buckner is almost 30. I would then target CB Christian Gonzalez with that 18th pick. I would maybe think of targeting DT Jalen Carter if Stroud and Young were gone by 4. 

I think Gonzalez goes top 15.

Lots of good prospects would be there though. 

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Bijan Robinson will be the best player in this class and lots of teams will regret passing on him

I've said before, if we could trade Taylor and get a pick high enough to get Bijan, i'm all for it... I love Taylor, but i think Robinson will be an awesome RB in the NFL, and will be on a rookie deal for the next 5 years vs us paying a boatload to Taylor soon... Similar to us letting Faulk go to draft Edge, then letting Edge go and drafting Addai etc

13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I meant in general

I'll see some breaking news on Twitter and come here to find its posted by you

On My Way Reaction GIF by OceanX

I know people make fun of me because it seems I am on SM all the time. But when your disabled and stuck at home and your disability makes it hard to do things I enjoy looking for colts news. I watch a lot of stuff on my phone so always have my phone with me. 

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

I am anxiously awaiting Bryce Young measurables because I am seen his height and weight all over the place

I'm interested to see his hand size.  The NFL ball is slightly bigger.  Wont' be an issue for Levis.  He has 10inch mitts!  

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I know people make fun of me because it seems I am on SM all the time. But when your disabled and stuck at home and your disability makes it hard to do things I enjoy looking for colts news. I watch a lot of stuff on my phone so always have my phone with me. 

OMG no.  I appreciate it so much.  I'm in an office all day and take so many breaks procrastinating.  if i had to scour twitter too nothing would get done!

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I can relate to being disabled. I don't have a schedule so I might post comments anytime night or day. 

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

In the same boat taking care of my mom while she's healing up from heart surgery. Get off social media, look up, go back to it. The info you forward to the board is appreciated. Especially for someone like me that dosnt want to make a Twitter and such.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

5'7" and 133 lbs. :D

My honest guess is 5'10.5" and 182 lbs, unless he drinks a buncha water weight lol.  

But I would imagine they test your urine pH before weigh ins or some other more elaborate test to see that you are not drinking your way to a heavier number for small guys or cutting water weight in the sauna for fat guys.  We did that in wrestling to set a baseline for weight cutting.

We should take guesses on the dude's height and weight at the combine.   That would be a pretty fun game for a lot of players. 

4 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

it is easy for the colts if we let foles or sam start. if we dont draft a qb this year and ride with what we got, we will be picking 1st next year no questions.

Even if we do all that, there's no guarantee Colts get #1 pick. 

There will always be a worse team. 

Texans just needed to lose one last game of this season, and see what pick they've got. 

If they can't get one result right, there's no way you get 17 games result right. Things will go wrong when you want to win. It will all work out well if you want to lose. 

You start Foles or Sam all season, they'll end up winning 3 or 4 games. 

If you so noticeably tank all games, good players will get frustrated to leave the team, and all other owners would complain, which will make the NFL Forfeit Colts first round pick.

Colts will end up getting #1 overall pick, only to not be able to draft a player because #2 overall draft pick will be picking the first drafted player - just like Miami doesn't get to draft a player in first round in coming draft. Colts will end up missing a franchise QB with top 5 draft position in two consecutive years. 

Archived