2022 Week 17 NFL Game Discussion Thread

NFLfan

• NFLfan pinned and featured this topic
5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Is Tannehill starting?

If Titans lose, are they out?

No this game means nothing for Tenn. Next week is win and in

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Dallas should be blowing them out since Tannehill and Henry are out and Dobbs, he’s lousy so far at QB. Cowboys are shooting them selves in their foot with 2 turnovers.

And yes Dallas is weird man.. sucks they're probably letting Tom Brady getting to the divisional round

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

And yes Dallas is weird man.. sucks they're probably letting Tom Brady getting to the divisional round

TN at 60-70% of their D is giving the Cowboys fits. I’m still not handing the division to the Jaguars till they earn it.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I mean they've won what, their last 4? That's kinda earning it. Plus Tenn is all kinds of banged up Jax will feel pretty horrible if they don't make it ..

TN is on a 5 game losing streak. Jaguars  lost 4 won 4 and haven’t shown consistency over the course of a year lately.

Dak is throwing INTs as bad as Matt Ryan and Derek Carr, ouch!!

@vikingsFan You and I need to give Cousins his props. Tomorrow, a 64th QB will start an NFL game, tying a record set in 2007. I think another QB may start next week and the record would be broken. Cousins has taken every snap for us. He is never injured. He has played more winning football this year although the QB stats might say otherwise. JJ has been a big help. 

I still want us to draft a QB, even if it is to sit behind Cousins. :)

Who wins the battle of Jaire Alexander and Justin Jefferson tomorrow? Alexander said Jefferson's play against him earlier in the year was "a fluke". Hopefully JJ shows class and takes the high road. He should answer that with his play, not with words. 

• Like 1

Packers special teams guy - if you’re recovering a blocked punt and going towards your end zone, best solution is always a safety, just 2 points given up and better field position and chance for your D, IMO. 

Edit: On the contrary, if your D stops them at the 2 yard line, they give up only a FG and don’t give the ball back, I stand corrected. :) 

Kirk Cousins needs to lead the team to a comeback in the second half. Maybe not win, but he has to throw some touchdowns because I have him on my fantasy team. It would help for Packers' defense to melt down and let the Vikings score. I need points!

All the Vikings have to do is pretend that they're playing the Colts. 

Does anyone know how these tiebreakers will shake out. Like Packers and Seahawks hold on and if the winner of the Lions at Packers game next week is 9-8 and the Seahawks win next week also to be 9-8 who gets in?

Same with the AFC if Dolphins and Pats both end 9-8 who has the tiebreaker?

22 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Does anyone know how these tiebreakers will shake out. Like Packers and Seahawks hold on and if the winner of the Lions at Packers game next week is 9-8 and the Seahawks win next week also to be 9-8 who gets in?

Same with the AFC if Dolphins and Pats both end 9-8 who has the tiebreaker?

I think it’s conference record if there’s no head to head and just 2 teams, then record vs common teams for wild card tie breakers

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures

It’s a 2 way tie between Seahawks and winner of Lions/Packers and the conference record is first tie breaker. Seahawks already have 6 losses in conference, while Packers/Lions winner will only have 5.

Patriots will be 8-9 and Dolphins will be 9-8 most likely because the Patriots play the Bills and the Dolphins play the Jets. If they are all tied at 8-9, Patriots have better division record than Dolphins and 2-0 vs Jets.

Ok I think I figured it out, With Seahawks and Packers win today Commanders are eliminated. Setting up win and in next week for Packers. Seahawks need to win and Lions to win. Lions need to win and Seahawks to lose. 

The AFC is so convoluted I can't figure it out with the Steelers and Jags still involved in Wildcard potential. Jets im pretty sure are eliminated. I do think the Pats win next week they are in no matter what but could be wrong.

6 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Ok I think I figured it out, With Seahawks and Packers win today Commanders are eliminated. Setting up win and in next week for Packers. Seahawks need to win and Lions to win. Lions need to win and Seahawks to lose. 

The AFC is so convoluted I can't figure it out with the Steelers and Jags still involved in Wildcard potential. Jets im pretty sure are eliminated. I do think the Pats win next week they are in no matter what but could be wrong.

Yep, Packers win and they are in.

Pats same thing but harder to beat Bills for Patriots than Lions for Packers