Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags could win the division

John Hammonds

1 hour ago, Myles said:

My money would be on the Titans to win the division.

Since the Packers game when they went 7-3 after winning it, Titans lost Denico Autry, Kristian Fulton, Amani Hooker, Elijah Molden, David Long Jr. and Zach Cunningham and have been playing without most of them. Never thought how important Denico Autry would be for their pass rush, he is very much a big part of their inside pass rush. So teams have had more time in the pocket and scored on the Titans.

Plus, Tannehill is unlikely to play vs Texans on a short week:

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2022/12/20/23518767/report-titans-qb-ryan-tannehill-unlikely-to-play-vs-texans

Jaguars should hope it is just 1 game behind the Titans that they are when they meet them. Could be a SNF flex, IMO. But if the Titans get their defensive core back, they could go on a roll because that is the heartbeat of their team. However, Tannehill's ankle has been injured a SECOND time this season and not sure if that means the Malik Willis experiment is on moving forward.

Just realized that Jaguars had traded for Calvin Ridley from the Falcons and if his suspension is done, could get a huge boost to their risk reward from a skill position point of view:

https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-trade-for-suspended-falcons-wr-calvin-ridley

The Falcons' trade return is two future draft picks that can range from a maximum compensation of a 2023 fifth-rounder and a 2024 second-round pick, which will be conditional upon Ridley's reinstatement.

I am sure Ridley is sitting happy knowing he will be catching passes from Lawrence instead of Ryan. :) 

Tonight's game will be interesting on several fronts. The Jags are playing well, but how will handle it knowing they are now supposed to win? A lot of people (myself included) jumping on the bandwagon. Can they carry that weight? (that might make a good song:scratch:)

The other problem is, how do they handle the cold, rain, and wind, tonight in New Jersey. The Jets aren't what they were earlier in the year, but this is a real test for the J-A-G-S Jags! Jags! Jags!

8 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Tonight's game will be interesting on several fronts. The Jags are playing well, but how will handle it knowing they are now supposed to win? A lot of people (myself included) jumping on the bandwagon. Can they carry that weight? (that might make a good song:scratch:)

The other problem is, how do they handle the cold, rain, and wind, tonight in New Jersey. The Jets aren't what they were earlier in the year, but this is a real test for the J-A-G-S Jags! Jags! Jags!

Yes, it will be interesting to see how Lawrence and Doug Pederson handle it. It will be a low scoring battle because of the torrential rain that is happening.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-16-weather-a-complete-guide-to-how-games-will-be-impacted-by-winter-storm/

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

Irsay must be livid. The fact the Jags who had back to back first overall picks are about to win the division for a second time in the same time span the colts haven't won it once. Crazy

I believe Irsay is mad but it doesn't have anything to do with the Jags

It's about what the Colts haven't done. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I believe Irsay is mad but it doesn't have anything to do with the Jags

It's about what the Colts haven't done. 

I'm referring more to the situation. The Jags were the worst team for back to back seasons. Now their about to win the division something the colts haven't done once in almost a decade

On 12/25/2022 at 11:56 AM, CR91 said:

I'm referring more to the situation. The Jags were the worst team for back to back seasons. Now their about to win the division something the colts haven't done once in almost a decade

Maybe it pays to stink once in a while so that you can get a franchise QB like the Bengals and Jaguars. :) 

Archived