Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is a Giants game worth a visit?

ColtsGermany

Hi there, 

my wife and I are visiting NYC from 3rd to 9th December. 

On 4th dec the Giants host the Commanders. 

As a general fan of football and the nfl, I think about visiting the game. 

I just want to hear if you think it's worth it, or should I wait till 2024, when my wife and I are planning to do a larger trip in Canada and the US and my first NFL game would be then a Colts game? 

6 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

Hi there, 

I just want to hear if you think it's worth it, or should I wait till 2024, when my wife and I are planning to do a larger trip in Canada and the US and my first NFL game would be then a Colts game? 

As someone that goes to MLB games all around the country, and has been to non-colts related NFL games, I say go for it. It is fun to go to the games and even more when the game doesn't effect you, you get to have more fun I feel.

21 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

Hi there, 

Personally….   I’d wait.    The Colts game in NYC late in the season will likely be very, very COLD! 

Also,  if you send an email to the Colts PR team, they might be willing to help you get better seats.   Might be free, might not be?  But perhaps better than you can ordinarily  buy on your own through normal means. 

Either way, good luck and lets us know what you do and how it works out?!  

It will be good for sure. 

But.. As you're gonna be there for about a week, why not take a cab or train to Philly on same day and watch much more interesting game, Philly at home vs tennessee? There's no buffalo or New England home game during that time so that's not an option. There's a Baltimore home game vs Denver that you can consider too. Washington comes to NY as you said, so they don't have a home game too. 

I just wanna let you know there are few more options on that day, that you can think about if you are interested in visiting another city as well. They're all well connected by frequent trains but that'd require little more than a day to make trips back and forth from NYC to get a stay and travel more comfortable. 

But, if you don't wanna go far away from NYC, it's better to go to Giants game. Giants and Commanders always play interesting games it seems, so that'd be fun enough. It'd have been great if it were Sunday night game, as I liked the night atmosphere more in that stadium. 

If it were me, I'd wait. I've never been to Met Life, but spent many December afternoons freezing my derriere off in the cold & wind at the old Giants Stadium. From what I read & hear, Met Life is no different, other than being a newer version. Also, spent a lot of time stuck in traffic trying to get in and out. 

Your first NFL game should be an awesome experience, in a good venue, in good (or at least decent) weather, with stress free access in & out. Met Life has none of this, although you could get lucky with the weather. 

18 hours ago, coltsva said:

If it were me, I'd wait. I've never been to Met Life, but spent many December afternoons freezing my derriere off in the cold & wind at the old Giants Stadium. From what I read & hear, Met Life is no different, other than being a newer version. Also, spent a lot of time stuck in traffic trying to get in and out. 

Your first NFL game should be an awesome experience, in a good venue, in good (or at least decent) weather, with stress free access in & out. Met Life has none of this, although you could get lucky with the weather. 

Go see the new improved Giants.

Their running back has made a great comeback!

Now, I have an answer if you want our opinion about seeing the Colts:coltshelmet:

On 11/8/2022 at 12:07 PM, ColtsGermany said:

Hi there, 

I think that since you are an NFL fan, you'd love it.  Giants are my number two team and I want to attend a game some day.   

You will enjoy it.  Dress warmly as it is outdoors as you know.  I think New Jersey Transit goes right to the stadium.  

Wilkommen!

Thanks for all your answers. 

I'm still undecided haha

In one hand, I understand the point to see a NFL game, no matter what, because I won't get the chance often. 

On the other hand I agree with the standpoint of having smthn special for my first visit of an nfl game, too. (that would be the colts at home). 

Anyways. I will let you know how I decide and once again thanks for all the comments, thoughts and insights. I really appreciate our community here:thmup:

On 11/11/2022 at 11:45 AM, GwinnettColt said:

I think that since you are an NFL fan, you'd love it.  Giants are my number two team and I want to attend a game some day.   

You will enjoy it.  Dress warmly as it is outdoors as you know.  I think New Jersey Transit goes right to the stadium.  

Wilkommen!

I'm going to the game against the Texans tomorrow. I went earlier in the year too (against the Cowboys)

17 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

Thanks for all your answers. 

I'm still undecided haha

In one hand, I understand the point to see a NFL game, no matter what, because I won't get the chance often. 

On the other hand I agree with the standpoint of having smthn special for my first visit of an nfl game, too. (that would be the colts at home). 

Anyways. I will let you know how I decide and once again thanks for all the comments, thoughts and insights. I really appreciate our community here:thmup:

You should go to Met Life. It should be a good game. I think you will enjoy it. I attend at least one game at Met Life every year. My friend is a Giants season-ticket holder. 

Enjoy your time in NYC. It is very pretty around the holidays. I love Canada too. You and your wife will enjoy it. 

Archived