Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

slow starts

danlhart87

Yeah. The slow starts have been very frustrating. Mostly because we keep doing it to ourselves. If we plug in a different QB every year, then we can expect the same slow start to the season with many slow starts to games. Team decision makers keep setting us up to fail early in the season. 

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Very abnormal for Reich offense. Remember last year we would start fast and fizzle. Opposite this year. 

I don’t think Frank has lost the respect of the players, but unless the Colts find a way to win, the message will get stale. 

I believe Ballard is going to have to take a chance. No matter who the coach is, Ballard needs to marry a QB. It’s been a savvy move on Ballard’s part to have plausible deniability. It’s kept him off the hot seat, but with no risk then there is no reward. 

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Very abnormal for Reich offense. Remember last year we would start fast and fizzle. Opposite this year. 

I’ll admit as much as I don’t like the way the line has played and think that’s the largest problem I do wonder at times if Ryan is the right QB for the way Reich wants to run his offense.  

34 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Ballard needs to marry a QB. It’s been a savvy move on Ballard’s part to have plausible deniability. It’s kept him off the hot seat, but with no risk then there is no reward. 

Ballard is already married with bunch of kids. He's too thrifty to pay alimony and child support for such a big family :funny:

13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Reich's scripts are Brilliant!

He has perfect play calls

Run Hines in the middle then try to throw to get yardage and the comes 3 and out.

And then on D which honestly is doing good job but gets a missed tackle or holding or PI calls on Faycon and opponents keep chewing clock.

9 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

He has perfect play calls

Run Hines in the middle then try to throw to get yardage and the comes 3 and out.

And then on D which honestly is doing good job but gets a missed tackle or holding or PI calls on Faycon and opponents keep chewing clock.

Freaking brilliance I tell ya!

The team has come out flat every week since week 16 of last year against the Raiders, for example:

Week 16 (Loss): 10 Points in the second quarter

Week 17 (Loss): 3 points in the second quarter

Week 1 (Tie): 3 points in the first quarter

Week 2 (Loss): 0 points for the ENTIRE game

Week 3 (Win): 7 points in the first quarter and 3 in the second quarter

Week 4 (Loss): 10 points in the second quarter

Week 5 (Win): 3 points in the second quarter

Week 6 (Win): 13 points in the second quarter

Week 7 (Loss): 0 points in the first half

Last 9 Games: 3-5-1

Reich has lost this team. They no longer respond to his voice as a leader.

1st Quarter: 10 points in 9 games = 1.11 points per quarter

2nd Quarter: 42 Points in 9 games = 4.67 points per quarter

Frank Reich is one of those coaches that is better at just being the OC and not the Head Coach imho......

Archived