Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pro Bowl game is done. Replaced with flag football.

Myles

and probably a tug of war

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34669351/nfl-replaces-pro-bowl-pro-bowl-games-featuring-weeklong-skills-competitions-flag-football-game

The NFL is replacing the Pro Bowl with weeklong skills competitions and a flag football game, the league announced Monday.

The new event will replace the full-contact showcase started in 1951. It will be renamed "The Pro Bowl Games" and will feature AFC and NFC players showcasing their football and non-football skills in challenges over several days. The 2023 Games will be held in Las Vegas, and the flag football game at Allegiant Stadium is Feb. 5.

Peyton Manning and his Omaha Productions company will help shape programming and promote the event's content throughout the week. Manning, a 14-time Pro Bowl pick during his Hall of Fame career, will provide his perspective and will also be a part of the coaching staff for flag game.

On 9/26/2022 at 12:12 PM, Myles said:

and probably a tug of war

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34669351/nfl-replaces-pro-bowl-pro-bowl-games-featuring-weeklong-skills-competitions-flag-football-game

The NFL is replacing the Pro Bowl with weeklong skills competitions and a flag football game, the league announced Monday.

The new event will replace the full-contact showcase started in 1951. It will be renamed "The Pro Bowl Games" and will feature AFC and NFC players showcasing their football and non-football skills in challenges over several days. The 2023 Games will be held in Las Vegas, and the flag football game at Allegiant Stadium is Feb. 5.

Peyton Manning and his Omaha Productions company will help shape programming and promote the event's content throughout the week. Manning, a 14-time Pro Bowl pick during his Hall of Fame career, will provide his perspective and will also be a part of the coaching staff for flag game.

So it’s gonna be more of an ego feeder than it was….

You forgot to mention that players selected to the Pro Bowl MUST show up - per an agreement between the NFL and NFLPA.  The only way they can miss - is if they have a medical issue.

I agree with the person who posted that it should be a post-Super Bowl event - allowing the players and families to have quality time.

Everyone LOVED it when it was played in Hawaii.  Now that it's a "bounce around the US" venue - not so much.  I mean - seriously - what is "family fun" in Minnesota or NYC in February.  Exactly!!

20 hours ago, sb41champs said:

You forgot to mention that players selected to the Pro Bowl MUST show up - per an agreement between the NFL and NFLPA.  The only way they can miss - is if they have a medical issue.

I agree with the person who posted that it should be a post-Super Bowl event - allowing the players and families to have quality time.

Everyone LOVED it when it was played in Hawaii.  Now that it's a "bounce around the US" venue - not so much.  I mean - seriously - what is "family fun" in Minnesota or NYC in February.  Exactly!!

Who is "everyone LOVED it when it was played in Hawaii"?    I could care less where it is held.  

On 9/30/2022 at 1:06 PM, sb41champs said:

Ice fishing!

On 10/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, MPStack said:

Being a Pro Bowler lost it’s credibility with so many electing not to go and being replaced with mediocre players “deemed” Pro Bowlers. 

Being a Pro Bowler lost it’s credibility when the public was allowed to vote on it. It's all laughable and should just go away.

Archived