Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 has a "selfish streak"

I was sorta thinking the same. All of a sudden bad press on RG3. I don't recall much recently. I feel like it has all been so positive so in a way I found this refreshing!

This may end up an interesting thread.

Someone criticizes Andrew Luck and it is met with national applause, someone criticizes Robert Griffin and they're a hater. Whatever, I get the same vibe from Griffin too. He doesn't sound like the most humble of people.

Holds no value in my opinion

"He's got a little bit of a selfish streak" with what? and hes a quarterback so thats to be expected

Everybody was laying on Cam (Newton), but for some reason this guy has become gloves off. He doesn't treat anybody good." example?

oh and ya dont have the kohonies to reveal yourself?

opinions is all that was and mostly to get people talking even more

agreed... this means nothing... besides, what a weak criticism "little bit of a selfish streak" who cares. this isn't the nba. How does one become a Heisman winner without "a little bit of a selfish streak?" Skins will get an extremely talented QB and, with his personality, a future media darling.

Someone criticizes Andrew Luck and it is met with national applause, someone criticizes Robert Griffin and they're a hater. Whatever, I get the same vibe from Griffin too. He doesn't sound like the most humble of people.

National applause??? :eyebrow:

Almost every scout that has met Griffin has been impressed with his leadership and social skills, not once mentioning that he has a selfish streak. And of the 24 scouts asked last year in some poll, 16 of them preferred Blaine Gabbert to Cam Newton.

you just contradicted yourself saying that the scouts have been impressed with him, then telling us how they were also impressed with blaine gabbert.

you just contradicted yourself saying that the scouts have been impressed with him, then telling us how they were also impressed with blaine gabbert.

The point I was trying to make was that no one can know these things for sure. Some scouts say RG3 is a selfish guy who doesn't care about the team and just wants to put himself in the spotlight. Others say he is a good leader. Some scouts believed Gabbert was the better QB, some believed it was Newton. No scout believed in guys like Kurt Warner, Arian Foster, and Adam Vinatieri. But lots of scouts believed in guys like JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, and Tim Couch. Projecting what kind of player a prospect will be is an almost impossible task and no one, not even the paid scouts who do it for a living, who live, breathe, eat, sleep football, can know what to expect. If you ask me, that's part of the fun (as a fan, certainly not as fun being a part of the franchise with your job on the line)

The point I was trying to make was that no one can know these things for sure. Some scouts say RG3 is a selfish guy who doesn't care about the team and just wants to put himself in the spotlight. Others say he is a good leader. Some scouts believed Gabbert was the better QB, some believed it was Newton. No scout believed in guys like Kurt Warner, Arian Foster, and Adam Vinatieri. But lots of scouts believed in guys like JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, and Tim Couch. Projecting what kind of player a prospect will be is an almost impossible task and no one, not even the paid scouts who do it for a living, who live, breathe, eat, sleep football, can know what to expect. If you ask me, that's part of the fun (as a fan, certainly not as fun being a part of the franchise with your job on the line)

I understood your point, but i'm just saying, i don't think that scout would randomly put out that he's selfish if he wasn't. i mean you can tell if someones selfish. its not something thats impossible to tell since your not predicting anything... never once did that guy say griffin would be a bust

I understood your point, but i'm just saying, i don't think that scout would randomly put out that he's selfish if he wasn't. i mean you can tell if someones selfish. its not something thats impossible to tell since your not predicting anything... never once did that guy say griffin would be a bust

True, but it might also be questionable if only one scout says it. If many scouts come out and say it, then I think there's something more substantial there. But if it's just one unnamed scout coming out after RG3 has met with so many teams and scouts, then I'm going to take it with a grain of salt

True, but it might also be questionable if only one scout says it. If many scouts come out and say it, then I think there's something more substantial there. But if it's just one unnamed scout coming out after RG3 has met with so many teams and scouts, then I'm going to take it with a grain of salt

where there is smoke there is fire. and if that scout is full of crap then how come we never hear anything about andrew luck being selfish or what not.

Plain and simple they are both quarterbacks they are gonna be a little selfish and that is a good thing that shows that they arent afraid to step up to the plate, as for the scout, who cares what he thinks, he didnt have the kahonies to name himself

where there is smoke there is fire. and if that scout is full of crap then how come we never hear anything about andrew luck being selfish or what not.

I don't know what the scout's motivation was behind making the claim. Maybe he knows more than other scouts, maybe he knows less. Again, since most scouts didn't say anything similar (and in fact, they said the opposite), I don't buy it.

I don't know what the scout's motivation was behind making the claim. Maybe he knows more than other scouts, maybe he knows less. Again, since most scouts didn't say anything similar (and in fact, they said the opposite), I don't buy it.

we shall see. but anything like that would shy me away from him if i had a choice between him and luck. just my opinion.

"He's just running around winging it. He's (Michael) Vick, but not as good a thrower."

tumblr_lwhcchZYDv1qdetkro1_500.jpg

Griffin looks about 20x better than Vick did in the accuracy department coming out and he is only slightly lesser in his ability to chuck a ball downfield. This news of a selfish streak and not treating people well would have come out much sooner and been harped on repeatedly in the media if it was at all verifiable.

"He's just running around winging it. He's (Michael) Vick, but not as good a thrower."

tumblr_lwhcchZYDv1qdetkro1_500.jpg

Griffin looks about 20x better than Vick did in the accuracy department coming out and he is only slightly lesser in his ability to chuck a ball downfield. This news of a selfish streak and not treating people well would have come out much sooner and been harped on repeatedly in the media if it was at all verifiable.

Except word is, it's being reluctantly leaked by his Baylor teammates, which is why it's taken so long to come out. Of course it may still be rubbish (and I think it is), but Breer and Schefter are talking about it so it must have some legs...

Except word is, it's being reluctantly leaked by his Baylor teammates, which is why it's taken so long to come out. Of course it may still be rubbish (and I think it is), but Breer and Schefter are talking about it so it must have some legs...

ESPN doesn't need a story to have legs to run with it. If it were a signifcant problem, I highly doubt it takes this long to get out.

ESPN doesn't need a story to have legs to run with it. If it were a signifcant problem, I highly doubt it takes this long to get out.

Even this unreliable leak doesn't hint at a significant problem. It's not a big deal, I'm sure, it's just another bit of scrutiny when comparing him to Andrew. By a lot of reports, Griffin has a very good personality - if he's a bit selfish like this report says, it's certainly not going to ruin him like it did to JaMarcus or Leaf etc.

Haters are gonna hate regardless. This scout seems to be in the minority. The vast majority of feedback I've read on RG3's attitude has been positive. He will be a fine pick for the Skins. And I wish him well. You can do that and still be happy we are are taking Luck you know.