Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CJ Verdell


joeb
 Share

Recommended Posts

I see he signed with us. So i decided to check his highlight video. Holy smoke if this guy can play like he did in Oregon we will be a force. Taylor, Hines and Verdell bring it on.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, joeb said:

I see he signed with us. So i decided to check his highlight video. Holy smoke if this guy can play like he did in Oregon we will be a force. Taylor, Hines and Verdell bring it on.

As an Oregon fan from Oregon, CJ can play but I actually think our other UDFA RB Max Borghi from Washington st. Is a little better. He’s like Darren sproles.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scouting udfa and roster cuts for backup RBs is the way to go.  If lucky we can catch lightning in the bottle.  It’s not a matter of if but when JT goes down we will need a couple capable backs to fill the void. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched a lot of Pac 12 games, was very excited about his signing, he was a star before the injuries and Borghi was the best pass catching back in college ball. We got two legit star ncaa backs and Price from FIU wasnt bad either. I expect we carry 4 backs so 2 of these 3 should make it behind Taylor and Hines and I will go on record that we will see a big uptick from last season when our 3rd rb averaged an NFL low 2.6 yards a carry, that simply wont cut it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, OregonapolisColtsFan said:

As an Oregon fan from Oregon, CJ can play but I actually think our other UDFA RB Max Borghi from Washington st. Is a little better. He’s like Darren sproles.

 

Season ticket holder myself. I like Verdell more if he can stay healthy just because I'd rather a backup for JT more than Hines.  But Lindsay will be tough to beat and health is an issue. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, wig said:

 

Season ticket holder myself. I like Verdell more if he can stay healthy just because I'd rather a backup for JT more than Hines.  But Lindsay will be tough to beat and health is an issue. 

No doubt we have a pretty stacked running back room now, it’ll be interesting to see who makes the cut. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OregonapolisColtsFan said:

No doubt we have a pretty stacked running back room now, it’ll be interesting to see who makes the cut. 

 

Not trying to be a downer, but we don't know how any of those UDFA's will perform.  There are reasons they weren't drafted.

 

That third/fourth RB is going to mainly be a STs guy.  Lindsay isn't really a STs guy but he probably has the lead for the 3rd spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

Not trying to be a downer, but we don't know how any of those UDFA's will perform.  There are reasons they weren't drafted.

 

That third/fourth RB is going to mainly be a STs guy.  Lindsay isn't really a STs guy but he probably has the lead for the 3rd spot.

The bears drafted a defensive player who wasn’t even a starter at a MAC school. These NFL teams make plenty of draft mistakes, so reasons they weren’t drafted my be because of need or they just plain missed it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

 

Not trying to be a downer, but we don't know how any of those UDFA's will perform.  There are reasons they weren't drafted.

 

That third/fourth RB is going to mainly be a STs guy.  Lindsay isn't really a STs guy but he probably has the lead for the 3rd spot.

Oh totally, and that’s kind of what I was getting at was that we have 1 really great running back, 2 good running backs and our unproven guys have a decent amount of promise. Even though they won’t all play, it’s not a bad thing that we have intriguing options behind our main two guys. to your point we kind of already had a stacked running back room so I see your point that adding these guys is probably irrelevant to results on sundays, it’s just nice to see we have guys with potential, even on the boundaries of our roster.(at least at this position)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...