Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CJ Verdell

joeb

38 minutes ago, joeb said:

I see he signed with us. So i decided to check his highlight video. Holy smoke if this guy can play like he did in Oregon we will be a force. Taylor, Hines and Verdell bring it on.

As an Oregon fan from Oregon, CJ can play but I actually think our other UDFA RB Max Borghi from Washington st. Is a little better. He’s like Darren sproles.

Watched a lot of Pac 12 games, was very excited about his signing, he was a star before the injuries and Borghi was the best pass catching back in college ball. We got two legit star ncaa backs and Price from FIU wasnt bad either. I expect we carry 4 backs so 2 of these 3 should make it behind Taylor and Hines and I will go on record that we will see a big uptick from last season when our 3rd rb averaged an NFL low 2.6 yards a carry, that simply wont cut it.

19 hours ago, OregonapolisColtsFan said:

As an Oregon fan from Oregon, CJ can play but I actually think our other UDFA RB Max Borghi from Washington st. Is a little better. He’s like Darren sproles.

Season ticket holder myself. I like Verdell more if he can stay healthy just because I'd rather a backup for JT more than Hines.  But Lindsay will be tough to beat and health is an issue. 

14 hours ago, wig said:

Season ticket holder myself. I like Verdell more if he can stay healthy just because I'd rather a backup for JT more than Hines.  But Lindsay will be tough to beat and health is an issue. 

No doubt we have a pretty stacked running back room now, it’ll be interesting to see who makes the cut. 

1 hour ago, OregonapolisColtsFan said:

No doubt we have a pretty stacked running back room now, it’ll be interesting to see who makes the cut. 

Not trying to be a downer, but we don't know how any of those UDFA's will perform.  There are reasons they weren't drafted.

That third/fourth RB is going to mainly be a STs guy.  Lindsay isn't really a STs guy but he probably has the lead for the 3rd spot.

46 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not trying to be a downer, but we don't know how any of those UDFA's will perform.  There are reasons they weren't drafted.

That third/fourth RB is going to mainly be a STs guy.  Lindsay isn't really a STs guy but he probably has the lead for the 3rd spot.

The bears drafted a defensive player who wasn’t even a starter at a MAC school. These NFL teams make plenty of draft mistakes, so reasons they weren’t drafted my be because of need or they just plain missed it. 

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Oh totally, and that’s kind of what I was getting at was that we have 1 really great running back, 2 good running backs and our unproven guys have a decent amount of promise. Even though they won’t all play, it’s not a bad thing that we have intriguing options behind our main two guys. to your point we kind of already had a stacked running back room so I see your point that adding these guys is probably irrelevant to results on sundays, it’s just nice to see we have guys with potential, even on the boundaries of our roster.(at least at this position)

Archived