Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans Tannehill not happy...

csmopar

I like Tannehill, he's usually a decent to good athletic QB but I'm guessing its  sooner than later before Willis replaces him. 

But until then, I'm imagining the special packages they will have with Henry and Willis. That may be hard to defense against.  Should be Fun to Watch!

Nothing wrong with what Tannehill said, and he's right, it's not his job to mentor the guy who wants to take his job. That's why there is a head coach, an offensive coordinator, a QB coach, and offensive skills coach, a passing game coordinator, and a coordinator of football development (whatever the heck that is!). 

If Tannehill was Rivers age, it might be different. But he's only 33 and has several good (physically speaking) years left. 

19 hours ago, coltsva said:

Nothing wrong with what Tannehill said, and he's right, it's not his job to mentor the guy who wants to take his job. That's why there is a head coach, an offensive coordinator, a QB coach, and offensive skills coach, a passing game coordinator, and a coordinator of football development (whatever the heck that is!). 

If Tannehill was Rivers age, it might be different. But he's only 33 and has several good (physically speaking) years left. 

I agree.  It also seems like the reporters were trying to bait him into a controversy.

I agree with him being upset over them trading AJ Brown to Philly since he was Tannehills' best weapon. He shouldn't be shocked or upset with them drafting Malik Willis, who fell on their lap in round 3. Ryan Tannehill is a decent QB, but he fails to deliver when the games matter the most and it's only a matter of time until the Titans look elsewhere to get them where they want to go.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

There are right now good QBs and great and potentially great Qs meaning good QBs could become backup QBs overnight.

I will keep it simple on my Tier's going into 2022: Great, Very Good, Good. The rest of the QB's I don't have in these 3 Tier's will have major inconsistent play (sometimes Good) but  Average to even Bad play on several occasions:

The Great/Tier 1

1. Patrick Mahomes

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Tom Brady

The Very Good/Tier 2

4. Josh Allen

5. Russell Wilson

6. Matt Stafford

7. Joe Burrow

8. Justin Herbert

9. Lamar Jackson

The Good/Tier 3

10. Deshaun Watson - Rust will wear off, once it does, look out! He is a top 10 QB.

11. Matt Ryan - I would take him by a hair over Carr.

12. Derek Carr

13. Dak Prescott

14. Jimmy G - 2 Final 4's and a SB appearance, he is in this tier. Say what you want about him statistically, the dude just wins in the 49ers system.

15. Kyler Murray - Great potential, inconsistent at times, but he is in this tier.

16. Kirk Cousins - I throw him in here barely. I think he is better than Tannehill or Wentz.

-These 3 Tier's at least give your team a chance to make a SB run. My top 16 QB's = top half of the league.

I am still not totally sold on Mac Jones or Jamies Winston, we will see?? What I am afraid of is Trevor Lawrence will be much improved. Jags do have a better roster. He could be good?

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

They were QBs for the Colts during which years?

Might as well have been. The other QBs on the roster in ‘98 were journeymen. Can’t say they were exactly mentors, although I’m sure they contributed at least some.

2 hours ago, IndyEric07 said:

Ben Roethlisberger and Sam Darnold are scary looking lmao . If you seen Mahomes and Jimmy G walking down the street, you would think they are women. They did a great job with Mahomes Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 3:24 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I like Tannehill, he's usually a decent to good athletic QB but I'm guessing its  sooner than later before Willis replaces him. 

But until then, I'm imagining the special packages they will have with Henry and Willis. That may be hard to defense against.  Should be Fun to Watch!

Maybe some day. Not this year. There is almost zero chance of Willis replacing Tannehill. Tannehill has his moments good and bad but overall is a good QB and IMO Willis along with being a rookie is highly overrated by most (as the draft showed...almost everyone assumed he would go in the first round and many had him going as high as #6 to Carolina). 

This was just the press once again playing the click-bait game (and what a shock that is). It sounds to me like these two are both cool with each other. Total non-factor.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 2:32 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will keep it simple on my Tier's going into 2022: Great, Very Good, Good. The rest of the QB's I don't have in these 3 Tier's will have major inconsistent play (sometimes Good) but  Average to even Bad play on several occasions:

The Great/Tier 1

1. Patrick Mahomes

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Tom Brady

The Very Good/Tier 2

4. Josh Allen

5. Russell Wilson

6. Matt Stafford

7. Joe Burrow

8. Justin Herbert

9. Lamar Jackson

The Good/Tier 3

10. Deshaun Watson - Rust will wear off, once it does, look out! He is a top 10 QB.

11. Matt Ryan - I would take him by a hair over Carr.

12. Derek Carr

13. Dak Prescott

14. Jimmy G - 2 Final 4's and a SB appearance, he is in this tier. Say what you want about him statistically, the dude just wins in the 49ers system.

15. Kyler Murray - Great potential, inconsistent at times, but he is in this tier.

16. Kirk Cousins - I throw him in here barely. I think he is better than Tannehill or Wentz.

-These 3 Tier's at least give your team a chance to make a SB run. My top 16 QB's = top half of the league.

I am still not totally sold on Mac Jones or Jamies Winston, we will see?? What I am afraid of is Trevor Lawrence will be much improved. Jags do have a better roster. He could be good?

Solid list. I like the order.  Only thing is I would move Josh Allen up into the first tier. He has produced 5k yards and 40tds passing and rushing the last two years.  Maybe one more year is needed to join that club for some so i get it why he is where you had him. 

• 1 month later...

Archived