Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

March 2022: Taking your temp

EastStreet

March 2022: Taking your temp  

85 members have voted

1. 1. How happy are you with the QB situation this season.

• Stoked. Can't be happier.
    • Optimistic
    • Meh, about the same, or just not a long term thing.
    • Another short term move, OR, aging QB that is on the down.....
    • Just bad
  2. 2. How happy are you with the team 3 or more years out (into the future)?

3. 3. Biggest need in the draft and FA (assuming we're good at QB)

4. 4. How would you describe your fan interest right now?

• Increasing without a doubt
    • Kinda increasing
    • Kinda decreasing
    • Decreasing without a doubt
  5. 5. Reich confidence?

6. 6. Defense confidence?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/16/2022 at 09:11 AM

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Stoked

2. Happy

3. WR

4. Increasing without a doubt, I like Matt Ryan a lot better than Wentz

5. Medium with Reich = he has his good and bad moments.

6. Medium with the D, potential there is good because we create a lot of turnovers.

Agree for the most part. I think D though is a bigger issue. Sure Ryan needs a Z or slot, but our secondary sucks. 

Big Suck

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need to trade for Bradberry, that would be a nice start :thmup:

What are you willing to give up for a CB that graded 50ish in CBs?

I think he's better than his grade in 21, but I'm not sure he's as good as his 20 grade either. 

RYS was as good or better in most categories. 

Right now, we're down 2 starting CBs. I love Rodgers as a flex guy, but not convinced he can take full time duties on the outside. 

Even if JB is the answer to one of the spots, just not sure of the overall DB depth. And we still still need a C3 guy. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think he's better than his grade in 21, but I'm not sure he's as good as his 20 grade either. 

Right now, we're down 2 starting CBs. I love Rodgers as a flex guy, but not convinced he can take full time duties on the outside. 

Even if JB is the answer to one of the spots, just not sure of the overall DB depth. And we still still need a C3 guy. 

I am not sure what the Giants would take? It may take a 3 and 4, that basically leaves us with at least a 2nd this year as far as high picks which we can use on a WR or LT. I would draft a WR in the 2nd round because Ryan is great at getting the ball out fast anyway. WR is a huge need.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure what the Giants would take? It may take a 3 and 4, that basically leaves us with at least a 2nd this year as far as high picks which we can use on a WR or LT.

He's their starting CB, so guessing more than a 3rd or 4th. 

Optimistic about Matt Ryan and the offense. 

Low on Reich and haven’t hidden I don’t like him for a long time. He cost us 2-3 games a year for some time now. 

Voted WR is biggest need but had safety chosen first.  Should have stayed with my gut feeling. I think our secondary is in bad shape but I think we can find zone corners easier than a play making free safety. 

Saying that I am high on this defense. I would like to see it take the next step and become elite. 

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Late March 22 happiness check

1. Optimistic. Ryan is way more cerebral than Wentz and I hope that's what the offense needs, because we don't need a QB to throw it deep with Reich's playcalling.

2. Meh. I don't really get Ballard's approach right now. Ryan's too good and too expensive to be a bridge QB in my opinion, but we're more than a QB away from a Super Bowl run. Sooo, he's trying to build through the draft while trying to win now?... Don't get it.

3. It's a toss up between WR and CB for me. I don't know how important good, great or elite CB play is in Bradley's defense but we do need help at WR.

4. Would've liked a 'meh' option here, but I went with the optimistic option even if I'm not really more interested than last year.

5. LOW! I don't have any confidence in Reich's playcalling.

6. Medium. I'd call it cautiously optimistic. I was never happy with Eberflus and feel like Leonard was our defense last year more than Eberflus and his scheme. Hope Bradley can do better and like the Ngakoue trade even if it worsened an already questionable secondary.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

1. Optimistic. Ryan is way more cerebral than Wentz and I hope that's what the offense needs, because we don't need a QB to throw it deep with Reich's playcalling.

2. Meh. I don't really get Ballard's approach right now. Ryan's too good and too expensive to be a bridge QB in my opinion, but we're more than a QB away from a Super Bowl run. Sooo, he's trying to build through the draft while trying to win now?... Don't get it.

3. It's a toss up between WR and CB for me. I don't know how important good, great or elite CB play is in Bradley's defense but we do need help at WR.

4. Would've liked a 'meh' option here, but I went with the optimistic option even if I'm not really more interested than last year.

5. LOW! I don't have any confidence in Reich's playcalling.

6. Medium. I'd call it cautiously optimistic. I was never happy with Eberflus and feel like Leonard was our defense last year more than Eberflus and his scheme. Hope Bradley can do better and like the Ngakoue trade even if it worsened an already questionable secondary.

Frank gets way too much criticism in here from some. Is he very good or great - NO, but he is good for the most part. At least he has the ball sack to go for it on 4th a lot where our other previous coaches would punt on 4th and 1 lmao . Even Dungy rarely went for it.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Frank gets way too much criticism in here from some. Is he very good or great - NO, but he is good for the most part. At least he has the ball sack to go for it on 4th a lot where our other previous coaches would punt on 4th and 1 lmao . Even Dungy rarely went for it.

Matter of opinion.

From what I've seen over the years Frank's been here he's cost us many games with his playcalling.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Matter of opinion.

From what I've seen over the years Frank's been here he's cost us many games with his playcalling.

True but when we had good QB's in Luck and Rivers he is 21-11 with a playoff win. His play calling is predicated on how good his QB is, he can only control so much from the sideline. If you have a QB like Wentz or Brissett there is a fine line on how you call stuff. If you have Luck, Rivers, and now Matt Ryan you can be more aggressive and not worry about them making a critical mistake. Also one reason why he chose to pass a lot with Wentz at times in certain games was he did not want burn Taylor out, that is JMO.

Like I have stated, I don't think Frank is very good or great but he is in the top 15 coaching wise which puts him in the near good category. I like him as our head coach. Kubiak and Pederson won SB's so why not Frank?

29 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Matter of opinion.

How about how many times he has won us games with his play calling? You are looking at 1 side of it because you are not a fan of his. His play calling vs the Patriots was perfect for example. 

To all the people that aren't stoked about Matt Ryan who would you want instead?

?Baker Mayfield - hell no, way too immature and not a leader.

?Marcus Mariota - um, no, we would be lucky to be 9-8 with him.

?Mitch Trubisky - lmao , good luck Pittsburgh haha - they are going to suck.

?A rookie QB in a weak draft class, no thanks. I am not wasting away another year of JT's career.

Sam - Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU, my God, we got the best QB available for a 3rd round pick and he has been a top 10 QB for a decade. Thank you Ballard.

-Most in here didn't want Jimmy G either, I would've been ok with it but Ryan is better than him as well.

Thankfully Ballard thinks like I think Moon Walk Dance GIF

Absolutely stoked about Matty Ice. He definitely needs some more weapons though. 

I guess the WR situation couldn't really be fixed in FA until we had a QB, but I thought for sure we would've had somebody signed by now. Still a huge need. Not a fan of bringing TY back, but it sure seems likely at this point. Still need a TE too! 

I'm with @EastStreet, our secondary is not scaring anybody right now. I thought for sure we'd get Casey Hayward, but that never materialized. Facyson (sp?) is hopefully just a backup. Really need help at CB and Safety. Honey Badger would certainly do wonders. 

Not stoked about Pryor at LT either. I actually wouldn't mind Fisher back on a decent contract, and Reed brought back for RG. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes, his team was up 14-0 and he had the ball at midfield.  3rd and 3.   He passed the ball.  Incomplete.   So he goes for it on 4th and 3.  Another pass.  Incomplete.   Taylor had been running great and he passed the ball twice at midfield.  The opponent takes the ball and scores and wins the game.  Nice job Frank.

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yes, his team was up 14-0 and he had the ball at midfield.  3rd and 3.   He passed the ball.  Incomplete.   So he goes for it on 4th and 3.  Another pass.  Incomplete.   Taylor had been running great and he passed the ball twice at midfield.  The opponent takes the ball and scores and wins the game.  Nice job Frank.

I can list a few games Frank has won by being bold as well. Like I said a lot of how well a coach does has do with the QB they have. It has nothing do with defending Frank in saying something like he is great. Lets see how many SB's Bill Belichick wins without Tom Brady, but isn't BB the Goat?? Bill Belichick hasn't shown me anything without Tom Brady, Taylor destroyed his defense.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last 2 seasons:

Frank Reich's record = 20-13

Bill Belichick = 17-16

Hmm, that is cute. 

Yet Frank has not even won his division.  

I like Frank as the head coach, I just do not like him as the play caller.  He should delegate that duty.   He could still dictate how he wants the game to go and could even choose to go for it on 4th down.   I just think he gets lost in the game action when he also has to call all the plays.

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

So YOU didn't like the odds on the plays called to get 3 yards. 

Yet he did. Hmmm! Whaaaaaaaa! 

Who called the plays to get the 14-0 lead? :number1:   That decision did not cost them the game. There was probably 138 other plays that helped determined the game.
 There has never been a coach that didn't "lose" games based on their decisions. Defenses have some good coaches and well prepared players too!

Play calling in the NFL can be an exciting and surprising chess match.
It is kind of amazing how many games are so close. imo

17 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yet Frank has not even won his division.  

I like Frank as the head coach, I just do not like him as the play caller.  He should delegate that duty.   He could still dictate how he wants the game to go and could even choose to go for it on 4th down.   I just think he gets lost in the game action when he also has to call all the plays.

Many feel like you do but my point was if Bill Belichick is King why is he only 17-16 with Cam Newton and Mac Jones as his starters? Without Tom Brady he will probably never win another SB again, I used the word probably but I doubt he does. Frank almost basically did the same With Brissett and Wentz. Give Frank Tom Brady, he could look a genius much like Dungy did with Peyton.

22 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

So YOU didn't like the odds on the plays called to get 3 yards. 

Yet he did. Hmmm! Whaaaaaaaa! 

Who called the plays to get the 14-0 lead? :number1:   That decision did not cost them the game. There was probably 138 other plays that helped determined the game.
 There has never been a coach that didn't "lose" games based on their decisions. Defenses have some good coaches and well prepared players too!

Play calling in the NFL can be an exciting and surprising chess match.
It is kind of amazing how many games are so close. imo

I suspect the plays were scripted to start the game.   

Being up 14-0 with 3rd and 3 at midfield (with a stud RB), it was a poor decision to pass twice and give up the ball.  

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about how many times he has won us games with his play calling? You are looking at 1 side of it because you are not a fan of his. His play calling vs the Patriots was perfect for example. 

Of course he does, that's part of his job. It's a problem however when you can point at 2-3 games and say "that's on Reich". Reich has to enable the offense not get in their way and he does that from time to time.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am the only stoked about Matt Ryan, are you kidding me season 3 laughing GIF- have you watched this guy play? Even on sucky teams in Atlanta he put up big numbers.

Stoked for me is landing a Mahomes in the draft or getting a Watson level talent in FA or via trade. A 37 year old QB who hasn't been elite in some time isn't getting me stoked. Optimistic yes, not stoked.

9 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Stoked for me is landing a Mahomes in the draft or getting a Watson level talent in FA or via trade. A 37 year old QB who hasn't been elite in some time isn't getting me stoked. Optimistic yes, not stoked.

I'm stoked to have Matt Ryan since we gave up so little to get him.  The team should be able to compete for a playoff spot.   That is good.

13 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Of course he does, that's part of his job. It's a problem however when you can point at 2-3 games and say "that's on Reich". Reich has to enable the offense not get in their way and he does that from time to time.

I agree.  i think Reich is very good in most of what he does.  He needs to delegate though.

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm stoked to have Matt Ryan since we gave up so little to get him.  The team should be able to compete for a playoff spot.   That is good.

I agree.  i think Reich is very good in most of what he does.  He needs to delegate though.

Great post. I do agree Frank needs to delegate and we are lucky to get Matt Ryan.

I'm not super pumped for the 2022 season.  But I am looking forward to it with a measure of enthusiasm.

We addressed our top two drastic needs without trading away any of our prime-time players, nor draft picks.

We still need to upgrade our receiving corps, both WR and TE.

We still need to upgrade our defensive backs, and address the FS issue.

Our LT is gonna be a blue collar, lunch bucket guy, which is the best we can do at this time.

I wonder if, in the new defense, we'll need to flip-flop Leonard and Okereke to put our prime playmaker in the prime playmaker position.

There was a time last season when we were dangerous.  When we were feared.  Hoping that we can build on that.

Just now, John Hammonds said:

I'm not super pumped for the 2022 season.  But I am looking forward to it with a measure of enthusiasm.

We addressed our top two drastic needs without trading away any of our prime-time players, nor draft picks.

We still need to upgrade our receiving corps, both WR and TE.

We still need to upgrade our defensive backs, and address the FS issue.

Our LT is gonna be a blue collar, lunch bucket guy, which is the best we can do at this time.

I wonder if, in the new defense, we'll need to flip-flop Leonard and Okereke to put our prime playmaker in the prime playmaker position.

There was a time last season when we were dangerous.  When we were feared.  Hoping that we can build on that.

I was just relieved we got Ryan because the other options stunk IMO.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was just relieved we got Ryan because the other options stunk IMO.

Jimmy G may have been ok, other than that Stinks B O GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

1. Stoked.  We didn't trade for Baker or Jimmy. LOL  And I like Matt Ryan always have.  Never thought BDB would be able to pull off what he did    Brilliant 

2. Happy.  Headed in the right direction 

3. Safety.  It was a toss up here for me. Could've easily have said CB.  I think we need more help on D than we do on O.   Have to win the division this year and that means stopping Tenn.  Pryor will most likely be the LT. Which I am fine with. Ryan adds a lot with just his football knowledge 

4. Increasing 

5. High.  Say what you want about having a different QB in each of his 1st 5 yrs   But he has been able to see through the eyes of 2  now a 3rd very good QB's during that time and he is learning more and more.  I think/hope Ryan is here for 2-3 yrs + and an experienced Vet like Ryan will help Frank just like Luck and Phil did.   

6. High.  I was torn here and and am probably more of a medium with a bump.    I really think we are going to get a few more playmakers in the secondary and Dline.  And I am excited to see what YN and Dayo are able to do.  Love KP and Buck   I still think they need a piece or two more and could be dominate on the Dline

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To all the people that aren't stoked about Matt Ryan who would you want instead?

?Baker Mayfield - hell no, way too immature and not a leader.

?Marcus Mariota - um, no, we would be lucky to be 9-8 with him.

?Mitch Trubisky - lmao , good luck Pittsburgh haha - they are going to suck.

?A rookie QB in a weak draft class, no thanks. I am not wasting away another year of JT's career.

Sam - Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU, my God, we got the best QB available for a 3rd round pick and he has been a top 10 QB for a decade. Thank you Ballard.

-Most in here didn't want Jimmy G either, I would've been ok with it but Ryan is better than him as well.

Thankfully Ballard thinks like I think Moon Walk Dance GIF

If Ryan has  5 above average OL and a strong LT.  the Colts will be in the playoffs

Matt Ryan was a freaking gift, rare set of circumstances and absolute luck landed us in a spot to complete with the best of the afc.

The Colts have some warts at the same time they can be a nightmare for teams to match up against and if the young guys in the receiving corp can take the next step with a real pro qb to lead their development and build confidence the sky is the limit.  If we can pressure the other teams qb with any consistency we got a shot.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am the only stoked about Matt Ryan, are you kidding me season 3 laughing GIF- have you watched this guy play? Even on sucky teams in Atlanta he put up big numbers.

Falcons would’ve have won only 2-3 games without Ryan last year.

I'm really surprised on the biggest need poll, While WR is a need, CB is the biggest position of need with Rock traded we have Moore in the slot, Rodgers outside, and a huge hole playing the other outside CB position. We need a starting outside CB in a bad way and I'm not believing brandon Facyson is a starter.

20 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not on the Bradberry bandwagon as well (to expensive), we need to add 1-2 guys at corner and another at safety IMO. As the lack of depth killed our defense multiple times last year and our best outside corner got traded.

Archived