Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cousins isn't going anywhere. Pass on Mayfield. We just got rid of an inconsistent QB with injury issues. He's better than Wentz, but like Wentz I don't see him leading a team to a title ever.  Ryan otoh would be well worth it as long as we don't have to sell the farm. He's in the twilight of his career. Honestly I would just get whoever we can in the draft, see how it goes, and probably go for the real answer next year.

6 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Why would he want a new 3 year deal when he is going to be paid about $80 million the next two years? He isn’t going to get anything more than $25 million a year on a new contract IMO

I’m guessing a new contract will likely include more guaranteed money.  He knows they were in on the Watson sweepstakes and he was therefore expendable.  He has a bonus due Tuesday.  He has put pressure on them to commit more money to him or trade him imo.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the Falcons and Colts are talking today.

I am not sure any other QB in the league that is considered at least above average would've missed the playoffs sitting at 9-6. 2 chances to clinch vs a Raiders team that was not better than us playing here at LOS, and at Jacks where we were 15 point favorites. There is no way on that a QB like Jimmy G would've lost both those games who some rip on. Matt Ryan wins both those games with the roster we have. As much as I rip on Tannehill, I doubt he loses both those games. I think Baker would've beat the Jags at least.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure any other QB in the league that is considered at least above average would've missed the playoffs sitting at 9-6. 2 chances to clinch vs a Raiders team that was not better than us playing here at LOS, and at Jacks where we were 15 point favorites. There is no way on that a QB like Jimmy G would've lost both those games who some rip on. Matt Ryan wins both those games with the roster we have. As much as I rip on Tannehill, I doubt he loses both those games. I think Baker would've beat the Jags at least.

Our defense couldn’t stop Jacksonville either to be fair

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Our defense couldn’t stop Jacksonville either to be fair

Yeah but the QB is the leader of the team. In reality the Jags only scored 26 points and part of it was because Wentz had 2 INT's. A true leader at QB would've never got in a huge hole against a crap team to begin with. JMO. Yeah the whole team played bad but Wentz with a whopping 4.4 QBR is eye popping.

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but the QB is the leader of the team. In reality the Jags only scored 26 points and part of it was because Wentz had 2 INT's. A true leader at QB would've never got in a huge hole against a crap team to begin with. JMO. Yeah the whole team played bad but Wentz with a whopping 4.4 QBR is eye popping.

If I recall the Jags got the ball first and marched down the field and scored a TD before the offense saw the field.  Let’s not excuse the defense’s lack of performance that day.  Yes Wentz was awful but so was the defense.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

If I recall the Jags got the ball first and marched down the field and scored a TD before the offense saw the field.  Let’s not excuse the defense’s lack of performance that day.  Yes Wentz was awful but so was the defense.

The entire team sucked that day

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They did but Wentz took to a new suck level that I haven't seen since Jacoby did at the Saints.

It’s hard because I think we have a biased view of our players once the season starts. We should have seen it coming. Wentz was not very good in almost every important game. 

Both Tennessee games, NE, Arizona (save the final throw), Oak, Jax, & Buffalo. 

His best game was against Baltimore & our whole team fell apart in the 4th quarter. He played well most of the Tampa game & against bad teams.  

I still think he was the most talented QB option this off-season. But he is one of the most streaky QB’s in the league that can’t handle pressure well. So, i see why they moved on. 

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Someone here, I think it was Supe, said if Peyton, Elway, or if we had any other QB that day vs Jax we still would have lost. It was a total team collapse. So that makes it more on Reich than Wentz, but Wentz was the scapegoat.

Yes agree about that game, that said, it’s not like Wentz had lit the world on fire all season long. He’s disappear often

I will miss Wentzs shovel passes to the opposing team, but I hope he does one for us when Washington comes to town.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This is a good discussion from PFF why colts are pretty much the only team that makes sense for Baker.

Texans won’t get baker…if that was going to happen he would have been included as part of the Watson trade.

10 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I will miss Wentzs shovel passes to the opposing team, but I hope he does one for us when Washington comes to town.

Texans won’t get baker…if that was going to happen he would have been included as part of the Watson trade.

They never really said that was a good option. They talked about colt, carolina, Seattle. I agree with them how Seattle and Caroline are not really good options. Colts to them are the best option. I think they might of mentioned atlanta.

Atlanta has been in position to draft their Ryan successor last two years. I can’t believe they haven’t done it. I know it’s hard when your there is a beloved QB that has been their his entire career but it’s a business.

26 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Someone here, I think it was Supe, said if Peyton, Elway, or if we had any other QB that day vs Jax we still would have lost. It was a total team collapse. So that makes it more on Reich than Wentz, but Wentz was the scapegoat.

It's on the players that couldn't protect Wentz.   Its on the defense that couldn't stop Lawrence.    And yes it's on the coaches as well.   Everyone sucked.  I think they all coasted mentally.    

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just a thought it could be Ballard is trying to get Ryan first and has Baker as a fall back option.  

That has been my guess all along. It apparently shocked them[indy local media reported} that Watson chose Browns. Now we just have to see if Ryan stays in atlanta.  We should know by tomorrow.  So if Watson had chosen Atl Ryan was their first option. If he had chosen Saints it was Baker since he was being traded anyway. So now they have to eee if Atl and Ryan patch things up and he stays. If not he will be traded. Maybe Baker then goes to Atl Ryan comes here. Or if Ryan stays Baker comes here. 

10 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

That has been my guess all along. It apparently shocked them[indy local media reported} that Watson chose Browns. Now we just have to see if Ryan stays in atlanta.  We should know by tomorrow.  So if Watson had chosen Atl Ryan was their first option. If he had chosen Saints it was Baker since he was being traded anyway. So now they have to eee if Atl and Ryan patch things up and he stays. If not he will be traded. Maybe Baker then goes to Atl Ryan comes here. Or if Ryan stays Baker comes here. 

I don’t see why the Browns wouldn't just include Baker as part of the package for Watson. I’ve heard it’s 3 firsts and some players.

Archived