Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Walter Football Colts Mock Draft [Merge]

Brockers will be our DE in the 3-4. Look at Haloti Ngata. 6'4" 330 lbs playing DE. Brockers is 6'5" and 322 lbs. So therefore NT Jean Baptiste could still be draftet.

And you have to remember. Not all draftet players will be a part of the roster most likely. So trading up to get a player and giving up later draft picks, doesn't necessarily mean we'll give up on another coming Colts player. It's just a COULD-BE Colts player. The award can actually be greater than the cost. And if they see something really special in Brockers, I trust them and wouldn't mind them going for it. That D-line is SO key to a successful 3-4 D. But I see your worries, the cost could be higher than the award.

Im just of the belief we need all the draft picks we can get even if its three 7th rounders for example

Fili Moala would make a better defensive end in a 3-4 then nose tackle, same for Drake Nevis both are undersized for that position and dont have the explosion that would be needed especially for their lack of size at 3-4 Nose Tackle,, Ricardo Matthews is another Defensive End in 3-4 I think as well and dear god dont get me started on antonio johnson the dude couldnt even play in a 4-3 hes got no chance at that position in a 3-4

I don't know about everyone else, but I follow what Walter Football says and I really like their analysis. Here's what they have for us this upcoming draft (they only have 6 rounds done so far). I linked each player to his NFL.com Combine Profile Page where you can learn more about his strengths/weaknesses. The stuff written underneath each pick's name is my opinion of the pick

Round 1 - Pick 1 (1): Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford

No explanation needed here

Round 2 - Pick 2 (34): Peter Konz - C - Wisconsin

They say he is the best C in the draft and it would be nice to get a young C in early so he and Luck can work together a lot, get some chemistry down, and be like Manning-Saturday. Walter Football's scouting report compares him to Nick Mangold (yes, please!). Doesn't Wisconsin usually have a good history of O-linemen coming into the league and being successful? One name that immediately comes to mind is Joe Thomas

Former pick: Alshon Jeffery (WR)

Round 3 - Pick 3 (64): Alameda Ta'amu - NT - Washington

Solid NT to be the anchor of our 3-4. Won't do much in terms of pass rushing, but can defend the run well. In Walter Football's scouting report of him, they say he is a poor man's Casey Hampton.

Round 4 - Pick 4 (97): Orson Charles - TE - Georgia

A strong TE with reliable hands and could be a good blocker.

Round 5 - Pick 5 (136): Ryan Steed - CB - Furman

Has potential, but isn't a solid tackler.

Former pick: Coty Sensabaugh (CB)

Round 5 - Pick 6 (170): James-Michael Johnson - ILB - Nevada

Seems like a solid LB. Good tackler, but isn't the best in coverage despite a decent 40 time.

Former pick: Vontaze Burfict (ILB)

Round 6 - Pick 7 (206): Junior Hemingway - WR - Michigan

Based on what NFL.com says about him, his problems (getting jammed, not the greatest route runner) can be fixed with good coaching and with a guy like Wayne helping him. However, Harris was ranked pretty high as a CB and seems like a more talented player.

Former pick: Mike Harris (CB)

--

That's all they have so far. I will update it once they add the 7th round. What do you guys think? I personally love the selection of Mike Harris, but I don't know if he will last that late.

i like picks 3 and 4 but we do not need a center. we just signed samson satele and he did a great job for the raiders past two years. if were gonna go oline then cordy glenn or mike adams would be the pick because we need a rt.

i like picks 3 and 4 but we do not need a center. we just signed samson satele and he did a great job for the raiders past two years. if were gonna go oline then cordy glenn or mike adams would be the pick because we need a rt.

I agree. Don't even understand why they would say we need to draft a center in rd. 2. That makes ZERO sense. Satele is a pretty good player and should continue to improve since he's fairly young. Drafting a center anywhere in this draft is a waste of a pick, let alone at the top of the 2nd rd..

If I was using Walter’s Football Mock I would want a draft that looked like this:

1st pick QB - Andrew Luck – No explanation.

33rd pick CB - Janoris Jenkins – Jenkins is the best cover corner in the draft. Think that a lot of teams are putting out rumors hoping he falls to them in the 2nd.

64th pick DT - Alameda Ta'amu – Big plugger to fill the NT position. Will rotate into the NT position with McKinney to give the Colts a great one, two punch at NT.

97th pick TE - Orson Charles – Great TE that has some character concerns like Jenkins. Signed Satele after his disorderly conduct charge so Charles problems may be overlooked and be drafted on talent alone.

136th pick WR - Devon Wylie - I like this guy a lot and think he will be overlooked because of his size (5-9). See a lot of similarities between him and Kendall Wright but we can get him for a 5th and not a 1st like Wright will be going.

170th pick LB - James-Michael Johnson – Just like Walter’s mock I also like this pick. We don’t know what Angerer and Conner can do in the 3-4 plus we really don’t have any depth behind them either.

206th pick SS – Kelcie McCray – Good cover safety with great height (6-2). A little lean at 195 but has good athletic ability to take at the end of the 6th.

If I was using Walter’s Football Mock I would want a draft that looked like this:

1st pick QB - Andrew Luck – No explanation.

33rd pick CB - Janoris Jenkins – Jenkins is the best cover corner in the draft. Think that a lot of teams are putting out rumors hoping he falls to them in the 2nd.

64th pick DT - Alameda Ta'amu – Big plugger to fill the NT position. Will rotate into the NT position with McKinney to give the Colts a great one, two punch at NT.

97th pick TE - Orson Charles – Great TE that has some character concerns like Jenkins. Signed Satele after his disorderly conduct charge so Charles problems may be overlooked and be drafted on talent alone.

136th pick WR - Devon Wylie - I like this guy a lot and think he will be overlooked because of his size (5-9). See a lot of similarities between him and Kendall Wright but we can get him for a 5th and not a 1st like Wright will be going.

170th pick LB - James-Michael Johnson – Just like Walter’s mock I also like this pick. We don’t know what Angerer and Conner can do in the 3-4 plus we really don’t have any depth behind them either.

206th pick SS – Kelcie McCray – Good cover safety with great height (6-2). A little lean at 195 but has good athletic ability to take at the end of the 6th.

I like Wylie a ton too. He has that scrappy Wes Welker type game to him. I think we need two receivers our of this draft, an outside threat and a slot guy. Wylie, TY Hilton, or one of the Arkansas duo (Jarius Wright and Joe Adams) would be the slot guy I would target.

Round 1: Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

Round 2: Indianapolis Colts: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin Wisconsin_logo.gif

When teams draft a quarterback early, they typically like to complement their new signal-caller with some protection or a play-maker. Think Matthew Stafford-Brandon Pettigrew, Sam Bradford-Rodger Saffold, Christian Ponder-Kyle Rudolph, and so on. The cupboard is pretty bare on offense in Indianapolis, so the front office needs to provide Andrew Luck with some help.

The top offensive player on the board is Peter Konz. The Colts signed Samson Satele, but Konz would be able to start at left guard and eventually make his way to center.

Pick change; previously Alshon Jeffery, WR

Round 3: coltsb_logo.gifIndianapolis Colts: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington Washington_logo.gif

The Colts are switching to a 3-4, and because the old regime favored smaller defensive linemen, the only player who can step in at nose tackle is 310-pound Antonio Johnson.

Round 4: coltsb_logo.gifIndianapolis Colts: Orson Charles, TE, Georgia Georgia_logo.gif

Dallas Clark is gone. Jacob Tamme is gone. The Colts need to find a tight end for Andrew Luck. Orson Charles falls because of character concerns, but this new Colt regime proved that it doesn't care about that when it signed Samson Satele, who was arrested for disorderly conduct this offseason.

Round 5: coltsb_logo.gifIndianapolis Colts: Ryan Steed, CB, Furman Furman_logo.gif

The Colts couldn't stop anyone last year. It was embarrassing. They were stricken with awful corner play, which is something that really needs to be addressed.

Pick change; previously Coty Sensabaugh, CB

coltsb_logo.gifIndianapolis Colts: James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada Nevada_logo.gif

The Colts need some linebacker depth for their new 3-4 defense.

Pick change; previously Vontaze Burfict, ILB

Round 6: Indianapolis Colts: Junior Hemingway, WR, Michigan Michigan_logo.gif

Andrew Luck needs a receiver to throw to besides an aging Reggie Wayne and an injury-prone Austin Collie.

Pick change; previously Mike Harris, CB

Personally I like this draft, I could see Konz being a pretty good Gaurd. I think maybe round 3 I would go WR and take hicks with on the fifth round picks if hes available. Any one have any info on the CB Steed?