Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Walter Football Colts Mock Draft [Merge]

I don't know about everyone else, but I follow what Walter Football says and I really like their analysis. Here's what they have for us this upcoming draft (they only have 6 rounds done so far). I linked each player to his NFL.com Combine Profile Page where you can learn more about his strengths/weaknesses. The stuff written underneath each pick's name is my opinion of the pick

Round 1 - Pick 1 (1): Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford

No explanation needed here

Round 2 - Pick 2 (34): Peter Konz - C - Wisconsin

They say he is the best C in the draft and it would be nice to get a young C in early so he and Luck can work together a lot, get some chemistry down, and be like Manning-Saturday. Walter Football's scouting report compares him to Nick Mangold (yes, please!). Doesn't Wisconsin usually have a good history of O-linemen coming into the league and being successful? One name that immediately comes to mind is Joe Thomas

Former pick: Alshon Jeffery (WR)

Round 3 - Pick 3 (64): Alameda Ta'amu - NT - Washington

Solid NT to be the anchor of our 3-4. Won't do much in terms of pass rushing, but can defend the run well. In Walter Football's scouting report of him, they say he is a poor man's Casey Hampton.

Round 4 - Pick 4 (97): Orson Charles - TE - Georgia

A strong TE with reliable hands and could be a good blocker.

Round 5 - Pick 5 (136): Ryan Steed - CB - Furman

Has potential, but isn't a solid tackler.

Former pick: Coty Sensabaugh (CB)

Round 5 - Pick 6 (170): James-Michael Johnson - ILB - Nevada

Seems like a solid LB. Good tackler, but isn't the best in coverage despite a decent 40 time.

Former pick: Vontaze Burfict (ILB)

Round 6 - Pick 7 (206): Junior Hemingway - WR - Michigan

Based on what NFL.com says about him, his problems (getting jammed, not the greatest route runner) can be fixed with good coaching and with a guy like Wayne helping him. However, Harris was ranked pretty high as a CB and seems like a more talented player.

Former pick: Mike Harris (CB)

--

That's all they have so far. I will update it once they add the 7th round. What do you guys think? I personally love the selection of Mike Harris, but I don't know if he will last that late.

Edited by 21isSuperman
Updated 2nd, 5th, and 6th round picks

I don't know about everyone else, but I follow what Walter Football says and I really like their analysis. Here's what they have for us this upcoming draft (they only have 6 rounds done so far). I linked each player to his NFL.com Combine Profile Page where you can learn more about his strengths/weaknesses. The stuff written underneath each pick's name is my opinion of the pick

Round 2 - Pick 2 (34): Alshon Jeffery - WR - South Carolina

He has tons of potential. Not an elite route runner and doesn't have insane speed, but he will jump up to get balls and is a big target (6'3"). He isn't the best route runner in the world, but with coaching and some advice from vets like Wayne and Collie, that should improve. Here is Walter Football's scouting report of him

Solid NT to be the anchor of our 3-4. Won't do much in terms of pass rushing, but can defend the run well. In Walter Football's scouting report of him, they say he is a poor man's Casey Hampton.

Round 5 - Pick 5 (136): Coty Sensabaugh - CB - Clemson

Has tons of potential, but will need lots of reps in practice and in games

Round 5 - Pick 6 (170): Vontze Burfict - ILB - Arizona State

Walter Football's scouting report compares him to Ray Lewis. His character issues have been well documented. He has all the potential in the world, but needs to stay out of trouble. Our locker room doesn't have the leaders of a locker room like the Ravens, but if we do draft him, I would look to Pagano, Mathis, and Freeney to make sure he stays out of trouble.

Round 6 - Pick 7 (206): Mike Harris - CB - Florida State

NFL.com's analysis has him rated in the low 70s, which would be a steal in round 6. From what they list as his weaknesses, it seems like they can all be overcome with getting more reps/playing time.

--

That's all they have so far. I will update it once they add the 7th round. What do you guys think? I personally love the selection of Mike Harris, but I don't know if he will last that late.

I like all the picks except sensabaugh and the order with which Waltererfootball has them going

Ideally I would like to go

1.Quarterback

2.Corner

3.Wide receiver

4.Defensive Tackle ( I'd be willing to take Hicks or Baptiste in the 5th if they fall their) and go Tight End instead

5.Wide Receiver

5.Tight End if we dont go tight end in the 4th

6.OLB,We could get one their and say goodbye to Freeny potentially

7.Wide Receiver

7.Tight End

7.Guard

Vontaze is the only one I'd be strongly against, want that man as far away from Indianapolis as possible.

As a 5th rounder, he would be a low-risk, high-reward pick. 5th rounders don't usually have a big impact, but he has tons of potential. With that said, it depends on what kind of locker room Grigs thinks we have and if we can handle all of the baggage he brings with him

As a 5th rounder, he would be a low-risk, high-reward pick. 5th rounders don't usually have a big impact, but he has tons of potential. With that said, it depends on what kind of locker room Grigs thinks we have and if we can handle all of the baggage he brings with him

What do we do with him, though? If we give him game time it means dropping Conner who can do a good job for us, if we don't he gets sulky, starts being an issue and it's a wasted pick.

Vontaze is the only one I'd be strongly against, want that man as far away from Indianapolis as possible.

As a rebuilding team we don't need any player with that kind of baggage. I guarantee he come with a diva type attitude and that can be posion in a locker room. I think with that 5th round pick we can get a player that can make an impact on our team. Maybe Akiem Hicks out of Regina. I belive he could be a really good 5 technique DE in our 3-4 defence (don't really like him at NT). With he size, arm length and height he could cause all types of problems for O-lines. Was really suprised that they had Cliff Harris going to Cinncy with their 5th.

As a rebuilding team we don't need any player with that kind of baggage. I guarantee he come with a diva type attitude and that can be posion in a locker room. I think with that 5th round pick we can get a player that can make an impact on our team. Maybe Akiem Hicks out of Regina. I belive he could be a really good 5 technique DE in our 3-4 defence (don't really like him at NT). With he size, arm length and height he could cause all types of problems for O-lines. Was really suprised that they had Cliff Harris going to Cinncy with their 5th.

Im certainly for getting Hicks but I still want Jenkins or Gilmore in the 2nd

Round 2 - Pick 2 (34): Alshon Jeffery - WR - South Carolina

He has tons of potential. Not an elite route runner and doesn't have insane speed, but he will jump up to get balls and is a big target (6'3"). He isn't the best route runner in the world, but with coaching and some advice from vets like Wayne and Collie, that should improve. Here is Walter Football's scouting report of him

Round 5 - Pick 5 (136): Coty Sensabaugh - CB - Clemson

Has tons of potential, but will need lots of reps in practice and in games

Round 5 - Pick 6 (170): Vontze Burfict - ILB - Arizona State

Walter Football's scouting report compares him to Ray Lewis. His character issues have been well documented. He has all the potential in the world, but needs to stay out of trouble. Our locker room doesn't have the leaders of a locker room like the Ravens, but if we do draft him, I would look to Pagano, Mathis, and Freeney to make sure he stays out of trouble.

Round 6 - Pick 7 (206): Mike Harris - CB - Florida State

NFL.com's analysis has him rated in the low 70s, which would be a steal in round 6. From what they list as his weaknesses, it seems like they can all be overcome with getting more reps/playing time.

--

I would change sensabaugh for dequan menzie and mike harris for evan rodriguez, yes austincollie17, i gos the rodriguez idea from you

What do we do with him, though? If we give him game time it means dropping Conner who can do a good job for us, if we don't he gets sulky, starts being an issue and it's a wasted pick.

You could get a good ILB rotation going with Connor, Angerer, and Burfict. Start Angerer and Connor, sub in Burfict on running downs, play him on special teams

I would change sensabaugh for dequan menzie and mike harris for evan rodriguez, yes austincollie17, i gos the rodriguez idea from you

Menzie would be a solid pickup. But I don't know if I would take Rodriguez. He is a small TE who isn't faster than safeties. Plus, if we take Charles in the 4th, I don't think another TE later on would be a big need.

Menzie would be a solid pickup. But I don't know if I would take Rodriguez. He is a small TE who isn't faster than safeties. Plus, if we take Charles in the 4th, I don't think another TE later on would be a big need.

Your argument is valid

My mock;

1. Andrew Luck, QB

2. Kevin Zeitler, OG

3. Alameda Taamu, NT

4. Orson Charles, TE

5. DeQuan Menzie, CB

5. Vontaze Burfict, LB

6. Mike Harris, CB

7. Adrien Cole, LB

7. Ryan Miller, OG

7. Chris Owusu, WR

Your argument is valid

My mock;

1. Andrew Luck, QB

2. Kevin Zeitler, OG

3. Alameda Taamu, NT

4. Orson Charles, TE

5. DeQuan Menzie, CB

5. Vontaze Burfict, LB

6. Mike Harris, CB

7. Adrien Cole, LB

7. Ryan Miller, OG

7. Chris Owusu, WR

better wide receivers to be had in the 3rd round and Im not taken linebacker that early in the 5th I would rather go Tight End and corner is a huge need Id go 2nd with Corner those are all good picks though but just not where I would take them except Owusu

better wide receivers to be had in the 3rd round and Im not taken linebacker that early in the 5th I would rather go Tight End and corner is a huge need Id go 2nd with Corner those are all good picks though but just not where I would take them except Owusu

1. The colts want to run more, they'll use more 2wide receiver sets

2. Orson Charles will cover up the TE spot

3. I believe we were better defending the pass than the run, and we need to protect Luck

4. Everything starts on the treches, thomas and rucker can be coached, as ladarius webb was

if stephen hill isn't there at 34 i think we should go after cordy glenn,mike adams. painter and orlovsky were bad but they also were getting killed because of our oline. castonzo,reitz,satele,glenn,ijilana would be a great young offensive line for luck to survey the field with and find his wr's.

1. The colts want to run more, they'll use more 2wide receiver sets

2. Orson Charles will cover up the TE spot

3. I believe we were better defending the pass than the run, and we need to protect Luck

4. Everything starts on the treches, thomas and rucker can be coached, as ladarius webb was

1. I agree

2. yes he will

3. yes we were but our guys still couldnt tackle to save their lives

4.I agree they can be coached and I will also add that the coaching they got was awful

5.but Jenkins can press jenkins can cover so while them other guys them two learn we should bring a guy that can already do those things or Gilmore

The closer we get to the draft, the more I'm hoping we get Alshon Jeffery. He seems like big play material, but there's a strong possibility there will be better talent available at No. 34 and that's what Grigs will be drafting. I know on Draft Day, I'll be getting immediate updates seeing who's going to be available for us.

michael brockers was invited to indy we may move up to get him. 6'5 322lbs high motor has the biggest upside out of any dt's in the draft. would u guys be willing to move up to get brockers.

Highly doubt we move up to get him to be honest. Would cost to much to get a higher pick in the 1st round

what round

The 1st. He's a top 20 pick.

Highly doubt we move up to get him to be honest. Would cost to much to get a higher pick in the 1st round

The 1st. He's a top 20 pick.

Just take Akiem Hicks I say or Ta'amu or Baptiste later, Id rather go Ta'amu or Hicks

Depends how high Poe and Brockers go in my opinion. The lower they go, the more you can gamble on getting Ta'amu, Baptiste and Hicks in later rounds.

Poe would be my first choice out of all those but thats seemingly not gonna happen but I really like Hicks, one guy I hope we stay away from is Worthy something about that kid I dont like including his play

Poe would be my first choice out of all those but thats seemingly not gonna happen but I really like Hicks, one guy I hope we stay away from is Worthy something about that kid I dont like including his play

Worthy is a steal depending who he has around him. With worthy there were times where he dominated (Against Michigan, there were a few times he was amazing) but then after those few moments you just get an at best average DT. His ability is either there or it isn't and that's concerning at times.

Worth is a steal depending who he has around him. With worthy there were times where he dominated (Against Michigan, there were a few times he was amazing) but then after those few moments you just get an at best average DT. His ability is either there or it isn't and that's concerning at times.

hes a 4-3 guy as well

Gavin, what do you think about this mock?

1.Luck

2. Jenkins/Gilmore (whoever is available)

3.Sanu WR

4.Charles TE

5. Jean-Baptiste NT/ B.Taylor SS LSU

6. Tandy CB

7. E. Rodriguez FB/TE /R. Miller OG/ C. Rainey RB

have my doubts about the availability of some of the late round guys' availability.

Gavin, what do you think about this mock?

1.Luck

2. Jenkins/Gilmore (whoever is available)

3.Sanu WR

4.Charles TE

5. Jean-Baptiste NT/ B.Taylor SS LSU

6. Tandy CB

7. E. Rodriguez FB/TE /R. Miller OG/ C. Rainey RB

have my doubts about the availability of some of the late round guys' availability.

thats a good draft in my opinion, we provude Luck with weapons while getting needs although I would get a combination of NT-Baptists or Hicks I kinda favor Hicks at this point and with second 5th round pick I would go wide receiver again or Guard higher then 7th Id be happy with that with that said I also like

Jenkins, Criner as well

5th round is probably too high for Burfict but everything I've heard about the guy paints a far less glowing report of Walter Football's assessment. Apart from having a crummy attitude, there are a lot of people out there that just don't think he has the head for the game even if his personality is kept in check.

Ideally I would like to go

1.Quarterback

2.Corner

3.Wide receiver

4.Defensive Tackle ( I'd be willing to take Hicks or Baptiste in the 5th if they fall their) and go Tight End instead

5.Wide Receiver

5.Tight End if we dont go tight end in the 4th

6.OLB,We could get one their and say goodbye to Freeny potentially

7.Wide Receiver

7.Tight End

7.Guard

But remember, that's NOT how you should think when drafting. It'll be a long lists of players evaluated as good fits in the Colts scheme, and whom they believe is the BPA, will be the pick. Of course taking needs in mind. The second round is a perfect example. Many talk about CB Janoris Jenkins, TE Coby Fleener, even moving up to get DT Michael Brockers, C Peter Konz, WR Stephen Hill or WR Alshon Jeffery etc etc. When having the 1st or 2nd pick in most round, a player projected in earlier rounds will drop, and the Colts will pick him if they've fallen for the talent at se same time, regardless of the position. :)

But remember, that's NOT how you should think when drafting. It'll be a long lists of players evaluated as good fits in the Colts scheme, and whom they believe is the BPA, will be the pick. Of course taking needs in mind. The second round is a perfect example. Many talk about CB Janoris Jenkins, TE Coby Fleener, even moving up to get DT Michael Brockers, C Peter Konz, WR Stephen Hill or WR Alshon Jeffery etc etc. When having the 1st or 2nd pick in most round, a player projected in earlier rounds will drop, and the Colts will pick him if they've fallen for the talent at se same time, regardless of the position. :)

I agree, also do to Jenkins off the field issues many arent even taking a look at him so I expect him to drop, Konz no way he drops, Brockers may drop but but I doubt it, Fleener I expect someone to reach for him in the first such as 49ers or Giants, Stephen Hill likely wont drop, and Jeffery may drop but wide receiver isnt such a huge need we have to go with that in the second, I believe in going into the draft with a plan

1.Luck

2.Jenkins

3.Jenkins, Criner, Sanu and a whle host of other wide receivers who will be available

4. Ladarius Green

5.Hickman

5.Streeter

6.Guard

7.Linebacker

7.Corner

7.Running Back

I listed them like that cause thats where I would like to go and I believe thats where we can get them, no way am I trading down or up or at all for Brockers, when I can get Baptiste and Hickman both later or one at least

That's the great think. Some will drop. QB Ryan Tannehill in the 1st? Yep, you got it, and that's one player dropping.

As far as the players Colts have shown interest in, they'll probably bang up that D early on and snap a WR, TE and OL in the later rounds. I'd like that very much!

I listed them like that cause thats where I would like to go and I believe thats where we can get them, no way am I trading down or up or at all for Brockers, when I can get Baptiste and Hickman both later or one at least

Brockers will be our DE in the 3-4. Look at Haloti Ngata. 6'4" 330 lbs playing DE. Brockers is 6'5" and 322 lbs. So therefore NT Jean Baptiste could still be draftet.

And you have to remember. Not all draftet players will be a part of the roster most likely. So trading up to get a player and giving up later draft picks, doesn't necessarily mean we'll give up on another coming Colts player. It's just a COULD-BE Colts player. The award can actually be greater than the cost. And if they see something really special in Brockers, I trust them and wouldn't mind them going for it. That D-line is SO key to a successful 3-4 D. But I see your worries, the cost could be higher than the award.