Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard on Colts podcast -new


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ballard sounded much less emotional on this. Especially when talking about the QB. Maybe the poison is finally out of his system. He said it would take about a month to evaluate everything that happened this season.

That or he knows he’s stuck with Wentz baring some miracle of a trade 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ballard sounded much less emotional on this. Especially when talking about the QB. Maybe the poison is finally out of his system. He said it would take about a month to evaluate everything that happened this season.


I think a lot of people made something out of nothing with Ballard’s post season presser.

 

Although I doubt he’s sold on Wentz, he wasn’t scathing and it never seemed realistic that we’d move on from him. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:


I think it was always a long shot we’d move on from Wentz, and I think a lot of people blew Ballard’s “criticism” out of proportion. 

 

Although I doubt he’s sold on Wentz.

No doubt he isn’t sold. I still think he went to far. But maybe some of it was PR. We will find out by late febuary early March what’s going to happen. I believe the Wentz trade was known end of FEB. The sooner Wilson some out and says he is staying with Seattle the better. As soon as raiders make a decision on their GM and coach the Carr situation will be known quickly after that. Take those two off the table there probably isn’t any other options besides the draft.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

No doubt he isn’t sold. I still think he went to far. But maybe some of it was PR. We will find out by late febuary early March what’s going to happen. I believe the Wentz trade was known end of FEB. The sooner Wilson some out and says he is staying with Seattle the better. As soon as raiders make a decision on their GM and coach the Carr situation will be known quickly after that. Take those two off the table there probably isn’t any other options besides the draft.


Yeah, I just can’t see him doing two big trades for a QB two off seasons in a row. Unless it’s for the big two but I don’t think Wilson wants to come here and Rodgers, kinda doubt he does either.

 

I don’t think he was too harsh, or at least I think he qualified calling him out because he finally admitted QB is the most important position. If anything I thought he talked about Wentz like he knew would be back, just that he needed to fix some things.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:


I think a lot of people made something out of nothing with Ballard’s post season presser.

 

Although I doubt he’s sold on Wentz, he wasn’t scathing and it never seemed realistic that we’d move on from him. 

I do believe this. I dont think he is on this team  if he is unvaccinated 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:


Yeah, I just can’t see him doing two big trades for a QB two off seasons in a row. Unless it’s for the big two but I don’t think Wilson wants to come here and Rodgers, kinda doubt he does either.

 

I don’t think he was too harsh, or at least I think he qualified calling him out because he finally admitted QB is the most important position. If anything I thought he talked about Wentz like he knew would be back, just that he needed to fix some things.

 

Like someone said on a post here. Carson got what he wanted. This is a defining moment for him. There will be no third chance. So he either works his tail off and improves or his career will basically be over if he gets a second chance this fall. If he can’t take the criticism and learn from it then he is mentally weak. I thought he bonded with players really well and they generally liked him. I don’t think is work ethic or leadership is the question. It’s what is between the ears. Then if he does stay Ballard had got to get more offensive  weapons. That should start with getting Wentz someone he is comfortable with and that starts with Ertz.

 

Mt guess right now is colts will go get a vet backup as insurance and to push him. If he takes it bad then that’s on him and he can hit the door.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

All fluff and as usual no hard questions from the Indy media.  Just a lot of laughing and awe shucks. Dribble

It wasn’t done by the Indy media.  It was done by the Colts hence why the thread title and the post you are responding too says “colts podcast.”

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Tried a drinking game, for every time Ballard says "look".

 

I don't know who I am.  :( 

There are certain things you can’t drink to. Ballard saying “look” and Super Bad saying the F word. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think Denver will cut of trade lock this year but bringing in a younger guy like Lock or Trubisky could be a nice backup option as insurance and would give them a look at a couple of guys who are young enough maybe to earn a future starting job. Him and Trubisky have both won games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I do believe this. I dont think he is on this team  if he is unvaccinated 

Wentz IS unvaccinated.  He has said so.   He wears a mask at the times when he’s required to.   And a team can’t cut a player for not getting the Vaxx.   That’s per the NFL and the Players Assoc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

That or he knows he’s stuck with Wentz baring some miracle of a trade 

Realisticly we probably have one more year of Wentz and Frank tied to each other. If they can't improve they should both go. I hope we can land Godwin or a similar player to go opposite MJP. And we need a solid vet FS and DE badly(Buckner needs freed up). CB is a need to Rhodes looked like burnt toast. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

All fluff and as usual no hard questions from the Indy media.  Just a lot of laughing and awe shucks. Dribble

This was an internal production, so you can expect the CNN/DNC type of treatment lol... 

One should never expect anything but softballs. 

And that's OK. I'm more disappointed in the typical softballs from the beat guys. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...