Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Upset Of The Year?

King Colt

15 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Granted the season is not over and Covid has impacted nearly every team but the Texans with Davis Sills beating up the Chargers has to be the upset of the year.

Why are you always so hung up on what's going on with the Texans?  Go find a Houston board and post on it if you are so interested in Houston's NFL team.   Did you post this same thread last weak when Detroit, the worst team in the NFL, beat Arizona, who was 10-3 at the time?  Why not?

A non playoff team beating another non playoff team at home is not compelling and not even remotely the "upset of the year". 

7 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Why are you always so hung up on what's going on with the Texans?  Go find a Houston board and post on it if you are so interested in Houston's NFL team.   Did you post this same thread last weak when Detroit, the worst team in the NFL, beat Arizona, who was 10-3 at the time?  Why not?

A non playoff team beating another non playoff team at home is not compelling and not even remotely the "upset of the year". 

The SUBJECT was biggest upset not the Texans.

21 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Biggest upset was lions over cards or Jags over bills.   This isn't top upset of the season.    The Texans over the Titans was a bigger upset.   Jets over Bengals.  Broncos over the Cowboys.   All bigger upsets

100% agree.

Johnny come lately, new kid in town...nobody loves you when you are around...just had to change that tune for the OP. :) 

18 hours ago, King Colt said:

The SUBJECT was biggest upset not the Texans.

Which you then championed, completely undeservingly, the Texans for.  

So, it's bizarre that immediately after the Texans game was over you decided to log on here and reference it.  If you look back, anything Texans related on this general forum, is started by you 90 percent of the time.  Why?  

21 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

It was Jaguars over the Bills going by point spreads, they were underdogs by 14.5

Lions were 12.5 under the Cardinals, i dont think any others this year were more than 10

the Houston upsets were both 10 i think 

According to this, the Chargers were 13.5 point favorites.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-week-16-betting-roundup-texans-win-over-chargers-is-one-of-biggest-upsets-of-season-190210807.html

I can certainly be argued to be the biggest upset of the season, but so can a couple others.   

On 12/26/2021 at 4:35 PM, MacDee1975 said:

Why are you so angry about this?   It's posted in the NFL General section, not the Colts section.  

If your not interested, don't view it.  

On 12/26/2021 at 5:38 PM, Wentzszn said:

I think they can run with Mills for a little bit until they have a chance to draft a franchise guy. For a rookie he has looked pretty good. Chargers were missing Ekeler and Williams but their defense played like trash.

He is playing pretty good for a rookie thrown in there on a bad team.  66.6 % completions, 12 TD's, 9 INT's.  

50 minutes ago, Myles said:

According to this, the Chargers were 13.5 point favorites.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-week-16-betting-roundup-texans-win-over-chargers-is-one-of-biggest-upsets-of-season-190210807.html

I can certainly be argued to be the biggest upset of the season, but so can a couple others.   

yeah i looked those up in hindsight and the spread might have moved at some point throughout the week

to be consistent i probably should have gone by either final spread at kickoff or whatever the biggest was during the week. 

15 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

yeah i looked those up in hindsight and the spread might have moved at some point throughout the week

to be consistent i probably should have gone by either final spread at kickoff or whatever the biggest was during the week. 

All good.   When I think of upsets I really don't use the betting line.    It's usually just something I think will or will not happen.   I would have bet the Chargers beat the Texans 10 times out of 10.    So to me it was a big upset.   If the Jags beat the Colts the last week of the season, I wouldn't consider it a huge upset even though the line may be big.   They are a division opponent who has upset us many times in the past.

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

All good.   When I think of upsets I really don't use the betting line.    It's usually just something I think will or will not happen.   I would have bet the Chargers beat the Texans 10 times out of 10.    So to me it was a big upset.   If the Jags beat the Colts the last week of the season, I wouldn't consider it a huge upset even though the line may be big.   They are a division opponent who has upset us many times in the past.

yeah its about more than just spreads but thats a nice way to help quantify this

Jets over the titans was a pretty embarrassing one too but the points spread wasnt huge since the jets were at home 

18 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Which you then championed, completely undeservingly, the Texans for.  

So, it's bizarre that immediately after the Texans game was over you decided to log on here and reference it.  If you look back, anything Texans related on this general forum, is started by you 90 percent of the time.  Why?  

To answer your question as to why I reply "because." Secondly, the Texans are pathetic with all starters playing but in beating the Chargers they did it without ten starters and Davis Sills at QB. Last, you need to take up a hobby.

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

To answer your question as to why I reply "because." Secondly, the Texans are pathetic with all starters playing but in beating the Chargers they did it without ten starters and Davis Sills at QB. Last, you need to take up a hobby.

Ok….   Since you made the same mistake twice, then I guess it wasn’t a typo the first time. 

The player is Davis MILLS, not Sills.   Mills with an M, not Sills with an S. 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ok….   Since you made the same mistake twice, then I guess it wasn’t a typo the first time. 

The player is Davis MILLS, not Sills.   Mills with an M, not Sills with an S. 

That should change the outcome of the season. Another post of monumental significance by you.

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

That should change the outcome of the season. Another post of monumental significance by you.

I guess you still haven’t figured things out here?     I’m into getting things as right as I can.   You know, facts.   I said nothing the first time you made the mistake.   Thought it might’ve been a typo?    But once you proved  it wasn’t, then I responded.    And what to do try to do?   Dismiss being wrong. 

Hey, it’s the story of your life here on this website.   You make a post.   People come along to correct you.   You prefer opinion over facts.   And you get blown up!    

Wash!   Rinse!   Repeat!!!

Nit sure why you spend so much time here getting crushed, but hey, whatever floats your boat!   

On 12/27/2021 at 9:44 AM, jvan1973 said:

Biggest upset was lions over cards or Jags over bills.   This isn't top upset of the season.    The Texans over the Titans was a bigger upset.   Jets over Bengals.  Broncos over the Cowboys.   All bigger upsets

Not true. The Texans were missing ten starters so that makes their game the upset of the year hands down.

Archived