Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fleener in the 3rd?

Just looked at the update on Draft Tek’s Mock Draft. It has Fleener falling to us all the way to the 3rd round. Don’t really see how that will happen, can’t see the 49’ers and Giants both passing on him twice. This site is usually pretty good with their rankings and team needs so I don’t see how their simulator would put Fleener in their 3rd round. This is how their mock pans out.

1.) Andrew Luck Stanford QB

2.) Juron Criner Arizona WR

3.) Coby Fleener Stanford TE

4.) Brandon Washington Miami (FL) OG

5.) Chase Minnifield Virginia CB

5.) Ishmaa'ily Kitchen Kent State NT

6.) T.J. Graham NC State WR

7.) Dominique Hamilton Missouri DE

7.) Edwin Baker Michigan State RB

7.) Mason Cloy Clemson OC

I would love this draft. A lot a great names in the first 5 rounds. If Fleener does fall out of the 1st round I can’t see us taking not him in the 2nd and a WR in the 3rd, could see Criner still being there in the 3rd along with possibly Sanu, Jenkins, Randle or Quick. How do you feel about Draft Tek’s Mock?

Although we have a lot of other needs. I think if we can either get Fleener or Hill with our 2nd round pick, we will be getting a fantastic talent. Hill has crazy potential, and the dude is 6' 4", and I know the combine isn't everything, but he was probably the most impressive WR there. Do you think he could fall out of the first round with so many notable WRs towards the top of the draft?

I would love those 1st 5 rounds, except I'd rather have Randle or Hill if they're there. I don't see any way Fleener falls to the 3rd unless Dwayne Allen does something to bump himself above Fleener.

Just looked at the update on Draft Tek’s Mock Draft. It has Fleener falling to us all the way to the 3rd round. Don’t really see how that will happen, can’t see the 49’ers and Giants both passing on him twice. This site is usually pretty good with their rankings and team needs so I don’t see how their simulator would put Fleener in their 3rd round. This is how their mock pans out.

1.) Andrew Luck Stanford QB

2.) Juron Criner Arizona WR

3.) Coby Fleener Stanford TE

4.) Brandon Washington Miami (FL) OG

5.) Chase Minnifield Virginia CB

5.) Ishmaa'ily Kitchen Kent State NT

6.) T.J. Graham NC State WR

7.) Dominique Hamilton Missouri DE

7.) Edwin Baker Michigan State RB

7.) Mason Cloy Clemson OC

I would love this draft. A lot a great names in the first 5 rounds. If Fleener does fall out of the 1st round I can’t see us taking not him in the 2nd and a WR in the 3rd, could see Criner still being there in the 3rd along with possibly Sanu, Jenkins, Randle or Quick. How do you feel about Draft Tek’s Mock?

I'm liking the talent, and would prefer a direction similar to Draft Tek's mock, but for whatever reason, I see Grigson placing a ton of emphasis on the trenches and defensive backfield this year.

I am by no means in a place to second guess Grigson's talent evaluations, but I'd rather focus on OLine and O skill positions (protect 1st pick investment), and really work on improving the D next year when the team has the moolah to do it.

Although we have a lot of other needs. I think if we can either get Fleener or Hill with our 2nd round pick, we will be getting a fantastic talent. Hill has crazy potential, and the dude is 6' 4", and I know the combine isn't everything, but he was probably the most impressive WR there. Do you think he could fall out of the first round with so many notable WRs towards the top of the draft?

I think Hill could eventually be the best WR in the Draft. 6'4",215 lbs and ran a 4.36 40 and makes diving one handed catches & when covered pushes DB's out of the way and grabs the football. I doubt but hope he drops far enough for the Colts to get him.

I'd be willing to be Fleener goes in the first. I had Houston taking him at 26 in my mock. Teams are going to be intrigued woth his blend of size, speed, and natural pass catching ability. Dwayne Allen may fall to the third and then if he does that would be a good pick as he's a better inline blocker than Coby.

I think Hill will go in the first also as I heard on NFL Network that he is taking a ton of visits to teams who have a need for WR in the first round.

I'm not willing to concede that we won't go with offensive line help in the 2nd yet either.

He's arguably the best TE in the draft. Do you honestly think the best TE in the draft falls to the 3rd round. Even if he's the 2nd best, I don't see him dropping.

Don't base your rankings/projections off one website. I've seen 5 websites that say he's the 33-36 best prospect. Also, his tape backs that up too.

Fleener in the 3rd is very unrealistic.

my choices for that 34 pick would be

1. Hill

2. Fleener

3. Jenkins

In that order

I actually agree with this 100%. Jenkins is risky and I'm usually against taking on guys with past issues. Making a habit of it is one thing, but Jenkins could be an absolute steal...can you say SHUT DOWN CORNER?

There's a two round mock on NFL.com right now that has Fleener falling to the Bears in the second round at #50. They also have us taking Kendall Wright in the second.

charley casserly...he also has SF taking zeitler while passing on cordy glenn...i would find that hard to believe.

There's a two round mock on NFL.com right now that has Fleener falling to the Bears in the second round at #50. They also have us taking Kendall Wright in the second.

I was just checking out some of the m ock drafts there, and of the four first ones I looked at I think fleener was left out of the 1st round in all of them, Hill dropped to the 2nd in one, same with K wright. theres should be a handful of real good players to pick from. I keep thinking we need to grab another weapon for luck with 34, but im starting to like the idea of a olb or de.

12 more days, can't wait!

I guess what my question is, when you see a player thats predicted/rated mid first round fall to 2nd (seems like theres one or two every where), does that make you nervous if we grabbed him?