Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Toby Gerhart

Gavin

Gerhart is slated to be a free agent at the end of the season, if we dont have a running back worthy of being a starter on the roster do we take a look at him? I want to get a look at our other running backs besides Brown at this point

I think he is worth looking into next season unless one of our running backs has a break out year, it was just a though that crossed my mind, Gerhart is from Stanford but I would also like us to take a look at that running back from Wisconsin, forgets his name off the top of my head but it all depends on if our running backs impress this year

I think he is worth looking into next season unless one of our running backs has a break out year, it was just a though that crossed my mind, Gerhart is from Stanford but I would also like us to take a look at that running back from Wisconsin, forgets his name off the top of my head but it all depends on if our running backs impress this year

Montee Ball

I would say the Colts will need a new RB if Brown can not improve on his last season. I keep hearing that Mendenhall may not even end up returning to Pitt after this year. As for Gerhart.... I think he could be a good addition. We will probably see him on display with AP's injury, Irsay and Grigson need to keep their eyes on him, as well as Lattimore.

ahhhhh so may good back to be had, hopefully what we have now shows what they can do consistently but if not I love the possibilities especially Montee Ball possibility but dont see the Mendenhall scenario happening they will * him up if not I like him but he will come at a huge price compared to the other two I would think anyway. maybe not

Personally, the way the league is going, I just don't see it. Just find a young guy and draft him. Or bring in UDFAs and keep poking around until you find the right guy.

Just doesn't make any sense to look at FAs who can command much larger salaries at a position that seems to be the most straight forward in terms of making the college to pro jump.

If we have a guy that works out well, then you pay him to keep him around longer. Heck, Peyton Hillis had a great year and they just let him go and the Chiefs picked him up for pennies practically. In any case, keeping an eye on FA RBs just doesn't seem to be worthwhile given the production you can get out of younger, less expensive guys.

I'd rather see them acquire veteran talent on either line. If it's a new guard, great, that should improve both the running and passing games.

I actually played against the guy in high school. He's a bowling ball. He doesn't fit the feature back role in my opinion, but I don't think having a feature back is quite the necessity as it used to be. Having two, even three, decent to good backs is better than having one star.

Less wear and tear on a player, you can mix it up with different styles of runners and keep a defense on their toes.