Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Howie Roseman takes a shot at Wentz

cjwhiskers

Come on. I am sure Roseman has been asked and criticized ad nauseam about the Hurts pick since it happened. 

But how is this remotely a shot at Wentz? He was just honest about the thought process with the pick (especially after he had paid Wentz). Health is very often a reason why backup QBs are so important.

And we listened to the Colts basically gush about their backup QB for years, while their franchise QB was still in the org. About how invaluable it was to have that backup QB who could step in and win games. And everyone knew a big part of that value was due to the context of Luck missing games.

Very parallel situations, except for how they ended. 

7 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Sirianni gets to be a HC…I don’t feel bad for him. You take that shot if you get it as an OC.

And PHI is not devoid of talent on offense. The OL was all hurt last year, but it’s still a top tier unit now that they are healthy. The RB room is solid. And they have some young, talented WRs (including a Heisman winner). 

If Sirianni can take all of that and make Hurts look like a legit starting QB over a season, he gets to write his own ticket going forward. 

I’ll wait and see about the RBs and WRs. The problem Sirianni has is, you’ve got a GM that isn’t very good at draft time and has an owner that  doesn’t see that. 
  Roseman has drafted some decent players but he has swung and missed on a lot.

As far as the comment, I can understand him being angry/frustrated about having to pay Wentz (and it was a subtle shot), but Howie is partially responsible for Wentz wanting out.      Makes me wonder if Luck had been frustrated enough with Grigson, that he asked to be traded, would he still be playing?

17 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I’ll wait and see about the RBs and WRs. The problem Sirianni has is, you’ve got a GM that isn’t very good at draft time and has an owner that  doesn’t see that. 
  Roseman has drafted some decent players but he has swung and missed on a lot.

As far as the comment, I can understand him being angry/frustrated about having to pay Wentz (and it was a subtle shot), but Howie is partially responsible for Wentz wanting out.      Makes me wonder if Luck had been frustrated enough with Grigson, that he asked to be traded, would he still be playing?

Irsay never would of let that happen with Luck. If Luck would of voiced his frustration to Irsay Grigson would of been gone. Luck would of come first with Irsay.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Irsay never would of let that happen with Luck. If Luck would of voiced his frustration to Irsay Grigson would of been gone. Luck would of come first with Irsay.

Huh?    Irsay DID let that happen with Luck.

You're right that Luck never ever would have asked Irsay to fire Grigson.  It’s not part of his DNA.   But it took a long time for Irsay to own his mistakes with Grigson.  (A). Hiring him, and (B) re-signing him.   By the time things were corrected Luck was badly beaten up.  Irsay didn’t need Luck to tell him to fire Grigson, Pagano was already doing that.  

Too bad for everyone’s sake that things didn’t work out.  

43 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I think the injuries year in and year out,  Andrew didn't have to voice his concerns.   The entire NFL witnessed it.   Irsay certainly knew it was an issue

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I think the injuries year in and year out,  Andrew didn't have to voice his concerns.   The entire NFL witnessed it.   Irsay certainly knew it was an issue

But at some point if he is the franchise QB he needed to say something. Irsay never meddles with coaching or the GM and has said he likes to let them make mistakes and grow. I think Luck had a lot to do with injuries too with his playing style. Better coaching might of helped him with that. Reich did do just that in 2018. Crazy how Wentz has this in him too now Reich has to take that out of him without stunting his game too much.

15 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

But at some point if he is the franchise QB he needed to say something. Irsay never meddles with coaching or the GM and has said he likes to let them make mistakes and grow. I think Luck had a lot to do with injuries too with his playing style. Better coaching might of helped him with that. Reich did do just that in 2018. Crazy how Wentz has this in him too now Reich has to take that out of him without stunting his game too much.

You never know what was said behind the scenes.

If you think Irsay didn't know some how, or didn't have discussions with the GM or coach on the topic, not sure what to say.

Just now, EastStreet said:

You never know what was said behind the scenes.

If you think Irsay didn't know some how, or didn't have discussions with the GM or coach on the topic, not sure what to say.

Knowing about it, and doing something about it, are two very different things. It would be too easy to blame one person for the Colts/Grigson/Pagano/Irsay fiasco. It was a team effort. And, that is usually the case.

5 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Knowing about it, and doing something about it, are two very different things. It would be too easy to blame one person for the Colts/Grigson/Pagano/Irsay fiasco. It was a team effort. And, that is usually the case.

Frankly we don't know who did what. 

I think we can all universally agree Grigson was bad.

I think Pagano would have faired far better with a better GM. Luck too.

Pagano's first couple years were good. Then Luck was out, then our D personnel really stunk. 

40 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I think you really need another hobby.   You make assumptions about things you have no idea about.   I understand you have a passion for the team,  but my goodness you make assumptions about the leaders of this team that you have no idea about.      I honestly think you need some kind of therapy.    

I'm not coming from a mean perspective.   I'm truly worried about your mental health

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I think you really need another hobby.   You make assumptions about things you have no idea about.   I understand you have a passion for the team,  but my goodness you make assumptions about the leaders of this team that you have no idea about.      I honestly think you need some kind of therapy.    

I'm not coming from a mean perspective.   I'm truly worried about your mental health

Omg no reason to be rude. This is a discussion board to give opinions. I don’t care if other people don’t feel that way but no reason to be rude. It’s just how I feel. It’s ok if you don’t.

Archived