Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags trade QB Gardner Minshew to Eagles for a 6th round pick

JediXMan

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Howie continues to confuse me here. I guess they didn’t like what they saw in Flacco? 

Eagles are going to be a mess again this year. This time around Eagles media and fans will have to find a new scapegoat lol.

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

Eagles sure do love making their starting QBs look over their shoulder lol.

If Hurts starts with some bad play, they are gonna be chanting for Minshew, although Minshew could be the better of the two

I feel like Im in the minority on this forum about Minshew, but I actually like him. He's performed quite well on Jags teams that have largely been s**t. Obviously I think most of the hate comes from being a division rival, but still. I wouldn't be surprised if they have another QB controversy this season,  I'm not a big believer in Hurts personally.

39 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

If Hurts starts with some bad play, they are gonna be chanting for Minshew, although Minshew could be the better of the two

That Eagles team is really bad on both sides and both their QBs are barely average at best imo lol.

Nope both are retired and moved on to new jobs and I'd take Mullens over RG3 7 times a week twice on sunday he has been shot since 2013 Mullens numbers dwarf his. Smith was bad last year, great story and comeback to get that far but he was bad. Both were smart to call it a day.

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This is just spit balling but we know Minshew has a big personality. Could they have done this so there is no division in the locker room and the players connect more with Lawrence.

No

It was always going to be Trevor’s team, but perhaps yes they are doing this to put their complete faith and backing in him. 

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Not to mention the fans would be calling for Minshew if Lawrence is just really bad. He hasn’t looked great in the preseason.

No he has not. But that happens when you throw a rookie QB to the wolves with no protection. The dude’s a high risk to get “Lucked” if they’re not careful.

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lawrence isn't Luck nor is Burrow. They can't take the punishment Luck did over 3 years and play every game. Luck had the 'IT'factor. I told everyone when he replaced Peyton in 2012 we would 11 or 12 games and some laughed at me, we won 11. Jags will win 6 games at most book it.

I do think Trevor is good, but he is 6-6 220 and i wonder about his durability too.  Luck was a lot more stout at 6-4 240

I dont think any one has them winning many games right now but they do get to play the Texans first though haha

Hes a good passer and can run too, the big question is can he survive in Jacksonville?  

17 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

I do think Trevor is good, but he is 6-6 220 and i wonder about his durability too.  Luck was a lot more stout at 6-4 240

I dont think any one has them winning many games right now but they do get to play the Texans first though haha

Hes a good passer and can run too, the big question is can he survive in Jacksonville?  

I knew Andrew would be great from the start. Unfortunately I deem his career as very good because he retired early and never won a SB. Luck was great his 1st 3 years and had LB size. Lawrence can be great but he is with a crappy organization that may get him injured like Burrow in Cincy.

Archived