Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What I think the draft should look like

1. Andrew Luck, QB: No explanation needed

2. Janoris Jenkins, CB: The CBs that are currently on the roster are terrible, we need a starter and Rucker and Thomas can play nickel

3. AJ Jenkins, WR: He can develop to be Luck's favorite target

4. Nick Jean-Baptiste, NT: He's a developmental NT that can spare time with McKinney until he is good enough to start

5. Jamel Fleming, CB: depth

5. Adrien Cole, LB: depth

6. James Hanna, TE: very athletic TE that can be the starter until someone more proven is signed or drafted

7. Jaymes Brooks, OG: Just for depth because, if Grigson and Pagano thought the guys they signed wouldn't help the team, they would not be here

7. Griff Whalen, WR: depth

7. Bobby Rainey, RB: depth

Well, I actually believe we should go BPA because there are no young pro bowlers on the team, but I also believe we should draft players that can make plays on third down, playmakers like shea mcclein, doug martin, lamar miller are good options in the second round, sincerely, I wouldn't draft a RB, I'd go BPA in the first three rounds and then go for need

Happy Easter!

Solid draft. Addresses a lot of our needs...anyone else think 3rd round is a little too high for Jenkins?

That's a good quesiton. I think yes. I love the kid and if you asked me this question a week ago, I would have said it's the right round to draft him. Now, looking at all the team's needs and a couple of big boards (that include mine), he could end up in the 4th. I think he's a late 3rd round, early 4th round prospect. If you want to be safe, go in the 3rd (which is a slight reach), but if you want to feel more ballsy, wait and see if he drops to 4th and pick him up. However, I wouldn't be upset if they used a 3rd round pick on Jenkins, because I absolutely love him.

2. Janoris Jenkins, CB: The CBs that are currently on the roster are terrible, we need a starter and Rucker and Thomas can play nickel

4. Nick Jean-Baptiste, NT: He's a developmental NT that can spare time with McKinney until he is good enough to start

6. James Hanna, TE: very athletic TE that can be the starter until someone more proven is signed or drafted

7. Jaymes Brooks, OG: Just for depth because, if Grigson and Pagano thought the guys they signed wouldn't help the team, they would not be here

Well, I actually believe we should go BPA because there are no young pro bowlers on the team, but I also believe we should draft players that can make plays on third down, playmakers like shea mcclein, doug martin, lamar miller are good options in the second round, sincerely, I wouldn't draft a RB, I'd go BPA in the first three rounds and then go for need

Happy Easter!

Good draft but I would change a few picks...

4th- TE Ladarius Green

5th- WR Joe Adams

5th- NT Akiem Hicks

Happy Easter!

Round 4 is to high for Baptiste to be honest. I'd take Akiem Hicks over him in the 5th/6th round and draft Ladarius Green in the 4th instead of Baptiste easily. If Streeter is there at the 3rd round pick I might take him over Jenkins, but I would be happy with either one.

I have some of the same players in the last mock I did, I'll copy and paste to this thread...

1.Andrew Luck QB Stanford

2. Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina

3. Chase Minnifield CB Virginia

4. Orson Charles TE Georgia

5. Nicholas Jean-Baptiste NT Baylor

5. Brandon Taylor SS LSU

6. Keith Tandy CB West Virginia

7. Evan Rodriguez FB Temple

7. Ryan Miller OG Colorado

7. Chris Rainey RB Florida

I'd like to see the draft play out like this... no Fleener, and some picks might seem a bit unsafe, but hopefully these players will be around at these spots. Opinions?

This is a great Draft but i wonder how donnie avery fits in this? because its quite obvious we are gonna draft a wr

Donnie Avery should be alright this year if he stays healthy, but that's a big IF. I would love to have him be a consistent weapon for us, but I don't really see much happening. If we do draft WRs then I'm sure Avery will just be added depth.