Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good news!

compuls1v3

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

As WentzSZN said, they still go through the pregame prep and film study and scouting reports, just do not dress on game days and take less practice snaps, like he would anyway as a third string

A PS will get Zero snaps in their O

The only reps they will get in a scrimmage format would be with in the opponents scheme     
      This comes from someone who ran scout teams for multiple years

19 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I have a very strong feeling that if possible most teams including the Colts will keep 3 active QBs on the 53

They almost have too since cutdown is aug 31st. There is no way they can know for sure with Wentz since it is still 12 days away after that. Unless Wentz just has a unbelievable rehab and is full go the next week they will have to keep 3. Plus with covid still a thing it is the smart thing to do.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

They almost have too since cutdown is aug 31st. There is no way they can know for sure with Wentz since it is still 12 days away after that. Unless Wentz just has a unbelievable rehab and is full go the next week they will have to keep 3. Plus with covid still a thing it is the smart thing to do.

I have bad flashbacks of getting players acclimated to a new position on the bus to the game and/or during warmups

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Keeping all 3 is a huge advantage. Keeps you from having to go outside the organization to find someone on a short notice. These two young kids know the playbook and have been working with everyone so it would be a smart decision.

The biggest reason I have fought for expanded rosters

34 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

A PS will get Zero snaps in their O

The only reps they will get in a scrimmage format would be with in the opponents scheme     
      This comes from someone who ran scout teams for multiple years

Which is the same as someone who is third string. They will end up playing the part of the other teams QB, sometimes second team will too (think Jacoby). That is why I am saying it is necessarily better to have him on active roster over a 7th WR persay, if we think the 7th WR will actually be active

5 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

I think this team is starting to come together a bit now, if we can get Wentz, Nelson and Kelly up and running. Davenport recently giving us serviceable LT play until Fisher comes back (which also might be sooner than expected given the vibes from camp). Young pass rushers are starting to step up also. Hopefully we see Dayo at some point too. I think things are starting to look up.

Yeah...what's up with Dayo?

We get nothing but crickets from the Colts concerning this guy.

Usually "no news" is "bad news".

35 minutes ago, craigerb said:

You playing Leonard both ways?!?

Duh

I meant to say Kelly and Q

Dont ever get old !

You type something other than what you are thinking

:)

34 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Who knew DL was the next Chuck Bednarik but I don’t think that is what @MikeCurtis meant

Nah.... just  a brain fart

Archived