Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College football 2021

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Dang, Florida almost took out Bama. What a great game that was.

Was a bit disappointed with UK. Yes we won but we played absolutely horrible and probably only won because we played a very poor team. Better not play like that next week or we will get the doors blown off of us.

Happy for a 3-0 start of course.

Remember usc is playing a GA as QB1

K State beat a decent Nevada team handily with possible top 5 draft pick Carson Strong. Next week K State vs Okl State in battle of unbeaten squads

Mich State is looking very good, Miami in some trouble

SMU Hail Mary win...

Texas A M looked much better, they have Arkansas next.....time to see if Razorbacks are for real, they sure have looked it

They may not be getting much ink but Wake is operating like a machine...... 

Only 34 unbeaten teams left already, 21 Power 5, 9 group of 5 and 4 Indy.

Of those 34 have 33 have votes in one poll or the other (S Alabama being the lone getting no love). Rutgers lowest Power 5 ranked 49th in one poll and unrated in the other but they go into Michigan next week so that could change soon.

5 games next week matching 2 undefeated's 

10 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

K State beat a decent Nevada team handily with possible top 5 draft pick Carson Strong. Next week K State vs Okl State in battle of unbeaten squads

SMU Hail Mary win...

Texas A M looked much better, they have Arkansas next.....time to see if Razorbacks are for real, they sure have looked it

Michigan State looks pretty good. Seems they actually found a good QB. They always have pretty good defenses but their offense is usually putrid. Not the case this year though.

15 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Sadly I did not. I was working. It sounds like very few got to actually watch it because it was on some stupid espn channel you can only get through the ESPN app or something.

It was on ESPN+

The UTC coach was very aggressive 

BTW ESPN+ is part of a bundle with Disney+ and Hulu

Washington stunned me and many others as they woke up and blew out Arkansas State 52-3 dropped Lock of the week to 1-1

This week we are looking to go against a FSU team in free fall losing to a Jacksonville State team that lost to UAB by 31 and only beat N Alabama by 3 (So that loss in inexcusable) but instead of being fired up and embarrassed they lost to Wake last week by 21 (Norfolk state lost to the same Wake squad by 25 the week before so...FSU is at the level of Jacksonville State and Norfolk State (Mckenzie Milton came back for this ? Kinda sad for the kid)

Louisville lost opening week to Ole Miss by 19 but it is looking like this may be the best Ole Miss squad in years, the beat E Kentucky 30-3 then last week beat Milton's old squad UCF 42-35......

Louisville wins this one and it could get ugly (Last season Louisville won by 32) , Malik Cunningham should pass and run all over the Seminoles and a season than once held hope after almost beating Notre Dame is going to become a nightmare.  Lay the 2.5 and collect the spoils..... 

On 9/5/2021 at 8:37 PM, holeymoley99 said:

And like that UTSA gets their biggest win ever (Baylor 4 years ago only other Power 5 win).

Watched a ton of ball yesterday, even caught some of the Facebook Wyoming game which was a nail biter. A few squads that dont get a lot of ink that took care of business :

Kansas State -Look solid on both sides of the ball, should be 3-0 then get Okl state and Oklahoma back to back. 

Boston College- I know it was just Colgate but Jurkovec can play QB and the D pitched a shutout. 4-0 going into Clemson game is very possible.

South Alabama-Manhandled S Miss 31-7 in what was a 1 point betting line, Jake Bentley formerly of Utah last season and South Carolina for 3 seasons before that could lead this club to a winning record

B.C. makes it to that 4-0 mark for the first time in 14 years. Their O line carves out holes for the running game. No Jurkovec but Groel is growing at QB

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

B.C. makes it to that 4-0 mark for the first time in 14 years. Their O line carves out holes for the running game. No Jurkovec but Groel is growing at QB

Yup, didn't miss a beat with Phil.

ND had a big 4Q today didn't they. STs TD, 2 LB P6s... Fun ending to a very close game 

Cheering hard now for Razorbacks.

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

ND was impressive today, I wasn't sure if they could win at Wisconsin. I had that 50/50 going in, they ran away with it.

It was at Soldier Field in Chicago. Wisconsin was technically the home team, but both teams were allotted 30k tickets. 

Horrible 3Q, and thought they were going to get beat. STs return for a TD by Tyree changed everything, and then our D with 2 P6s in the 4th made a very close game look like a blowout. 

Our OL sucks... perhaps worse than the Colts.. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

It was at Soldier Field in Chicago. Wisconsin was technically the home team, but both teams were allotted 30k tickets. 

Horrible 3Q, and thought they were going to get beat. STs return for a TD by Tyree changed everything, and then our D with 2 P6s in the 4th made a very close game look like a blowout. 

Our OL sucks... perhaps worse than the Colts.. 

Yeah that is what I meant Wisconsin 'Technically' being the home team. I am not sure why I said at Wisconsin Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons- 1 two many beers I guess lmao .

On 9/20/2021 at 4:23 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Washington stunned me and many others as they woke up and blew out Arkansas State 52-3 dropped Lock of the week to 1-1

This week we are looking to go against a FSU team in free fall losing to a Jacksonville State team that lost to UAB by 31 and only beat N Alabama by 3 (So that loss in inexcusable) but instead of being fired up and embarrassed they lost to Wake last week by 21 (Norfolk state lost to the same Wake squad by 25 the week before so...FSU is at the level of Jacksonville State and Norfolk State (Mckenzie Milton came back for this ? Kinda sad for the kid)

Louisville lost opening week to Ole Miss by 19 but it is looking like this may be the best Ole Miss squad in years, the beat E Kentucky 30-3 then last week beat Milton's old squad UCF 42-35......

Louisville wins this one and it could get ugly (Last season Louisville won by 32) , Malik Cunningham should pass and run all over the Seminoles and a season than once held hope after almost beating Notre Dame is going to become a nightmare.  Lay the 2.5 and collect the spoils..... 

Louisville took foot off accelerator a bit so final score was closer then game actually was but nice cover and they never were behind the number all game so nice payout for those who went in on it

On 9/19/2021 at 9:58 AM, holeymoley99 said:

SMU Hail Mary win...

Arkansas is indeed for real, possibly in top 10 tomorrow

Wake needs a nice bump up as well, they could win the ACC

TAMU and Clemson down....

Great day... 

Now just cheering for TN over Gators (Go Vols!!!) so ND can move up more, and UCLA over Stanford (just because Stanford sucks lol and I don't want them to recruit well)... 

Later on, would love to see WV give OK trouble, and ORSt kick USC in the teeth (just because they suck and I don't want them to recruit well)... And the PAC is soft lol... softer than Flu's secondary. 

Down to 26 unbeaten's and again S Alabama only squad with zero votes but they have Louisiana and a win will surely get them national attention 

Iowa vs Maryland we find out if Tua's lil bro is legit

Ga vs Arkansas, Razorbacks are for real, just how for real we will see

Okl St vs Baylor for the top spot in the Big 12

Cinn vs ND for the top spot in non Power 5

Bama vs Ole Miss, Corral has a chance to make a case vs top team in the nation

Lock of the week (2-1 overall)

Army -5.5 Ball State

I get it, service academy's run often, their game's  have less possessions  spread's trend lower BUT....Ball State is bad like really bad...0-3 vs FBS squads lost to Wyoming by 33, Penn State 31 and even Toledo by 10...Army on the other hand beat Ga State by 33 (yes the Ga State that lead Auburn under 2 minutes yesterday), UConn by 31, Miami yesterday by 13 and the Black Knights are 4-0..this game isnt a 1 score game....Christian Anderson is going to run all over the Cardinals...hop all over this line

Down to 17 unblemished. Wake has taken control of the ACC and Okl State the Big 12. We have  2 legitimate non Power 5 who could crash the party with BOTH Cinn and BYU top 10 this early in the season (Coastal isnt far behind).

15 of the 17 ranked top 25 only UTSA who I think people are still sleeping on and Wyoming who I think the glass slipper breaks this week arent ranked.

Only 1 game of unbeatens but what a game in Iowa vs Penn State, Ill be glued to that one.  Oklahoma vs Texas could a nail biter, Kentucky has to avoid emotional let down vs LSU and Nebraska isnt a slam dunk for Michigan.

Lock of the week- Hate to go against any unbeaten BUT Air Force is a quality 4-1 with one lost vs Utah State by 4, all 4 wins by 20 plus points...Wyoming beat Montana State by 3 late, N Illinois by 7, UConn by 2 at home..love that the Cowboys have won but the quality level increase and now on the road is not a good combo. The cadets are laying 3.5...clock hits midnight in this one Air Force covers.....

There are some good games today; Penn State and Iowa, could be a preview of the Big Ten championship game, Auburn and Georgia, that nose tackle on Georgia is playing great, Kentucky had a very good game against Florida and now can back up that win with a game against LSU, Oklahoma and Texas should be a good game too.

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

There are some good games today; Penn State and Iowa, could be a preview of the Big Ten championship game, Auburn and Georgia, that nose tackle on Georgia is playing great, Kentucky had a very good game against Florida and now can back up that win with a game against LSU, Oklahoma and Texas should be a good game too.

Pretty good game in each time slot. 

Ark vs OM too. 

TX already up. Hook'em Horns.

Next week kinda sucks, so going to try and enjoy this weekend.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Pretty good game in each time slot. 

Ark vs OM too. 

TX already up. Hook'em Horns.

Next week kinda sucks, so going to try and enjoy this weekend.

At the beginning of the season I heard that Oklahoma's D was supposed to be improved, it doesn't look like it so far and now they have pulled S. Rattler.

16 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

At the beginning of the season I heard that Oklahoma's D was supposed to be improved, it doesn't look like it so far and now they have pulled S. Rattler.

Perhaps improved for the Big12 lol... 

They always have a good piece or two on D, but overall their Ds are trash. 

Their identity is O. Sark is taking their identity though lol. 

27 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Reason I could never figure out why they thought going to the SEC was a good idea, they dont match up

I think it'll be fun lol..

They'll have to adjust of course. But It'll be nice seeing the SEC teams trying to defend high flying Os too.

6 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I do want to state, I did say last year early in the season that Rattler was not as good as people tried to make him out to be and was overrated

Yup. Totally out of whack projection. 

Williams is a true frosh, and the #2 QB coming out of HS. Crazy if he ends up beating SR out.

4 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Reason I could never figure out why they thought going to the SEC was a good idea, they dont match up

I don't know, the Miss-Arkansas game looked a lot like the Texas-Oklahoma game as far as the defense is concerned.

26 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I do want to state, I did say last year early in the season that Rattler was not as good as people tried to make him out to be and was overrated

I agree with you there, I did not understand why he was the favorite to win the Heisman this year.

23 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I don't know, the Miss-Arkansas game looked a lot like the Texas-Oklahoma game as far as the defense is concerned.

Kiffin brings the high flying O, but no D. I am a bit surprised ARK kept up, and a little surprised ARK's D didn't do better.

But both are far cries from the Ds of Bama and UGA.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. Totally out of whack projection. 

Williams is a true frosh, and the #2 QB coming out of HS. Crazy if he ends up beating SR out.

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

I agree with you there, I did not understand why he was the favorite to win the Heisman this year.

For me it was based back in 2020 opener, he was facing my school an FCS school that hadn't made a playoff in 30 years, had only won like 7/8 games over the prior 4. And yet he didn't look like a world beater against them. Also a team with a new coach. It's why at that point I mentioned he didn't really look anything special 

On 10/3/2021 at 5:40 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Down to 17 unblemished. Wake has taken control of the ACC and Okl State the Big 12. We have  2 legitimate non Power 5 who could crash the party with BOTH Cinn and BYU top 10 this early in the season (Coastal isnt far behind).

15 of the 17 ranked top 25 only UTSA who I think people are still sleeping on and Wyoming who I think the glass slipper breaks this week arent ranked.

Only 1 game of unbeatens but what a game in Iowa vs Penn State, Ill be glued to that one.  Oklahoma vs Texas could a nail biter, Kentucky has to avoid emotional let down vs LSU and Nebraska isnt a slam dunk for Michigan.

Lock of the week- Hate to go against any unbeaten BUT Air Force is a quality 4-1 with one lost vs Utah State by 4, all 4 wins by 20 plus points...Wyoming beat Montana State by 3 late, N Illinois by 7, UConn by 2 at home..love that the Cowboys have won but the quality level increase and now on the road is not a good combo. The cadets are laying 3.5...clock hits midnight in this one Air Force covers.....

Iowa D came through and once Penn State lost their QB they couldnt move the ball at all.

Oklahoma/Texas was the nail biter , what a great one.

Kentucky had no let down at all, in fact cranked it up even more

BYU takes a tough loss, Cinn may be the lone hope (Just dont think Coastal can make up the ground).

Wyoming's slipper did in fact break, Air Force padded the wallet with that lock.

11 hours ago, Myles said:

Great day of upsets.   Love Bama going down.   

Yup. Weird year happening all around 

Bama has a pretty good path back to the SEC championship and CFP though. I hate UGA, but would love to see them beat Bama in the SECC. I think the Big 10 might beat each other up. Very likely we'll have 2 one loss teams in the CFP IMO.

Georgia vs Kentucky- Bulldogs deserve #1 ranking, Wildcats have been one of biggest surprises, if they stay with 10 here my hat's off to them

Okl State vs Texans-Cowboys best team in Big 12 so far but Texas when on can score a ton

BYU vs Baylor-Battle of 5-1 squads who have overachieved

UTSA vs Rice- Mentioned them before but Roadrunners are having their breakout season, only 13 unbeatens and they are one and up to 29 in rankings. 6-0 is not a fluke

Lock Of The Week- 3-2 on the season, wallet is fatter but 4-2 will sound much better.

Mich State - 3 Indiana. Dont want to offend the many Hoosier fans here but Sparty is playing some very good ball. Won by 17 plus each game except Nebraska and Cornhuskers are playing everyone tight right now. Walker is in Heisman discussion and Thorne is playing great. Indiana is 2-3 vs a tough schedule but coming up short, beat Idaho and 2 point win vs W. Kentucky.  Just hard to see Indiana staying within 7 let alone 3 in this one.

Archived