Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano Likes Our RBs [Merge]

CS Colts Fan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we have beat the dead horse Donald Brown to death again. Upcoming season will be his chance to show which side of the debate is correct.

Please try to understand, I like Brown. But if he couldn't grasp his blocking assignment with PM waving it in his face, what makes us think he'll do better with Luck, or Weeden.

What better way to learn than OTJ with PM, and he still fell short

Some people need it explained sufficiently in a classroom setting before being able to install it on the field. Maybe he will fall short. However, I think the new regime will give him the opportunity to succeed before showing him the bench.

Some people need it explained sufficiently in a classroom setting before being able to install it on the field. Maybe he will fall short. However, I think the new regime will give him the opportunity to succeed before showing him the bench.

If PM can drive (How many miles?) to train with Gonzo, What pains do you think PM would go through to teach an Rb to block the right Defensive man to save his own skin?

Perhaps he will do better when Manusky or Pagano teaches it to him.

Shouldn't it be either the Running back's coach, or the Offensive coordinator...heck even the O-line or TE coach teaching Brown how to block and not the defensive coordinator? :P

:)

I, for one, would love to have a good 2 back attack, as I don't think that Donald Brown is a very good feature back, so Carter should get some snaps to take the pressure off him. He just needs to hold onto the ball. It killed AP in his early years, but he's since fixed it.

I, for one, would love to have a good 2 back attack, as I don't think that Donald Brown is a very good feature back, so Carter should get some snaps to take the pressure off him. He just needs to hold onto the ball. It killed AP in his early years, but he's since fixed it.

I think Carter is a better carrier than Brown, if the ball stays in his arms. But, gametime repetition would help with that. Away with being benched because he fumbled. Let him play through his mistakes

It was probably pretty tough

Thanks for that clip. I saw that Brown did not help Castonzo take on that block, but instead went to the right side to help block there. Looking at the clip over, I think the LT's job is to take on a 1-1 situation like that. Maybe I'm wrong in that regard, but I think Castonzo was easily beat.

I can't believe I'm have to do this......

When you really look at that play, it's a 3 man rush. Why does Donald Brown even need to help on pass pro there? Answer, he doesn't.

That play is more an example of just how bad Charlie Johnson is as a Left Tackle than Don Brown is at pass pro. He could not even handle Jarrett Johnson, an extremely mediocre pass rusher, in a one-on-one situation. Just because Peyton yells at Brown on that play, does not mean Brown was in the wrong. If he did anything wrong, it wasn't failing at chipping Jarrett Johnson, it was probably because he messed up a pass route or something. I'm no expert, but that's just the way I see that play.

Thanks for that clip. I saw that Brown did not help Castonzo take on that block, but instead went to the right side to help block there. Looking at the clip over, I think the LT's job is to take on a 1-1 situation like that. Maybe I'm wrong in that regard, but I think Castonzo was easily beat.

It was Charlie Johnson, not Castonzo. I just posted the clip because it always gets a laugh, and it shows his frustration towards Donald, for really doing not much wrong. You're right Johnson was in a 1-1 situation, but in that kind of line formation, which I believe they call the "Montana formation", a chip/blocking that side from the RB is necessary, because if there was a blitz on that side, or if Johnson couldn't fail to stop the DE (which is what happened), it would be the beginning of the end.

I could go on and on for hours about that formation, and even that play, but I really don't want too :P

When you really look at that play, it's a 3 man rush. Why does Donald Brown even need to help on pass pro there? Answer, he doesn't.

That play is more an example of just how bad Charlie Johnson is as a Left Tackle than Don Brown is at pass pro. He could not even handle Jarrett Johnson, an extremely mediocre pass rusher, in a one-on-one situation. Just because Peyton yells at Brown on that play, does not mean Brown was in the wrong. If he did anything wrong, it wasn't failing at chipping Jarrett Johnson, it was probably because he messed up a pass route or something. I'm no expert, but that's just the way I see that play.

Yes, you're right.

I don't know what the called play was. I don't know if Brown missed a blocking assignment, or missed going upfield right and sit down as the safety outlet. or did the right thing as far as going right side to lead block for a called bootleg run to the right.

What I saw was #74 (Castonzo from my roster record) the LT getting blown up by the rush which disrupted the play.

I am not baiting you.

I have already stated that I have no idea what pains PM took to teach Brown anything.

Please do not call me names.

The term baiting in this case, is a verb, not a noun. Hey look, what PM taught or didn't teach the backfield is up for grabs, But what's most important above all is that I did not call you a name haha

unless Brown was the outlet receiver

unless Brown was the outlet receiver

Hence the 'If he did anything wrong, it wasn't failing at chipping Jarrett Johnson, it was probably because he messed up a pass route or something.' My point is, people always point at that play as to why Brown sucks at pass pro, but it's just a misguided notion.

Hence the 'If he did anything wrong, it wasn't failing at chipping Jarrett Johnson, it was probably because he messed up a pass route or something.' My point is, people always point at that play as to why Brown sucks at pass pro, but it's just a misguided notion.

Point taken

Yes, you're right.

I don't know what the called play was. I don't know if Brown missed a blocking assignment, or missed going upfield right and sit down as the safety outlet. or did the right thing as far as going right side to lead block for a called bootleg run to the right.

What I saw was #74 (Castonzo from my roster record) the LT getting blown up by the rush which disrupted the play.

That play was from a game before Castonzo was a Colt. At the time, Charlie Johnson was #74 and was playing left tackle.

I am not baiting you.

I have already stated that I have no idea what pains PM took to teach Brown anything.

Please do not call me names.

Oh come on..... Psychedelic Frog was a reference to your colorfull avitar..... Not at all an attack. why, I just love UNDECIDED FROGS! Just the other day, there was a frog in the garden. As it sat on a slate that boardered a small pond it dipped one leg into the water and just sat there. I called the neighbors over to see this. I told them. "Ya know... this reminds me of a good friend I have on the Colts.com. forum. An undecided frog.... Hail to thee, Undecided frog!