Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade: 49ers Move Up To #3

4 hours ago, shasta519 said:

That 2023 first still has significant value though. It’s not a 0. 

Of course it isn't worth zero. That is why I put a difference of about the 8th pick in the draft.

That is about where it would need to be to have roughly equal value on the deal.  Very good chance it won't be that high. Slides down a little with quoted below.

Also, it’s a 2022 3rd...not that comp pick. 

It is a 2022 3rd rounder, unless Draftek is wrong. Perhaps it was initially reported as #102...but was changed.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Drafttek had it reported as #102, look up in the left corner where it has recent trades. It has #102, then crossed it out. They even jad pick #102 highlighted for Dolphins earlier when I made my post.

So the 2022 3rd will be higher than #102, well maybe, it could be SF 2022 3rd Rd Comp pick(Saleh)

That would mean the 2022 1st would need to fall in the top 10 to be equal value to the Colts trade. Still not very likely.

Anyway it isn't the landslide better deal than the Colts received to move down as some were saying here.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good thing about SF is they have a very good team. So missing those first round picks probably won’t hurt them much. Kind of like if  the colts would of done  it. The only trouble they will have is if it doesn’t work and the QB is a bust. Then your missing all those picks and have no QB. Then your stuck with a QB who is just average and a team who is just good enough not to get another high pick.  So for a few years your missing picks with a average QB. People saying they are going to take Jones is funny. They didn’t need to move up that high for Jones.

7 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Why does it seems everyone but the Cardinals in the NFC West hate 1st round picks

They are aggressive teams and rightfully so veiw draft picks as assets, just like money, are there to acquire talented players to win. Drafting or trading for talent, especially at the QB position doesn't matter to them.

Ballard used last seasons #1 to trade for Buckner,  a very talented player.

The nfc west is a tough division and teams are willing to use current AND future assets to try to win.

This actually really helps us. Picks 1-3 will obviously be QBs, Falcons could always take Trey Lance or trade the pick to either the Broncos or Panthers and the same scenario can happen at 5 with Mac Jones. That's picks 1-5 being QBs with Sewell and two possibly three WRs going in the top 10 leaving a lot of edge and tackles to potentially fall.

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

This actually really helps us. Picks 1-3 will obviously be QBs, Falcons could always take Trey Lance or trade the pick to either the Broncos or Panthers and the same scenario can happen at 5 with Mac Jones. That's picks 1-5 being QBs with Sewell and two possibly three WRs going in the top 10 leaving a lot of edge and tackles to potentially fall.

There has always been 4 or 5 QB’s going before our pick. Plus the same WR’s and Pitts. So you still have the same potential for the same players IMO. Nothing has changed. 

On 3/27/2021 at 9:29 AM, Wentzszn said:

The good thing about SF is they have a very good team. So missing those first round picks probably won’t hurt them much. Kind of like if  the colts would of done  it. The only trouble they will have is if it doesn’t work and the QB is a bust. Then your missing all those picks and have no QB. Then your stuck with a QB who is just average and a team who is just good enough not to get another high pick.  So for a few years your missing picks with a average QB. People saying they are going to take Jones is funny. They didn’t need to move up that high for Jones.

Dan Orlovsky said that Shanahan and Lynch are going to the Alabama pro day & sending their assistant GM to Ohio State pro day.  He believes they moved up to 3rd pick to take Mac Jones.  I think that would be a dumb move but many people are speculating that’s who they’ll take.  Only way that makes sense is if they believe that Carolina was going to move up for Jones so they had to ensure they got in front of them...  I still think they’ll take Fields.  I’m sure they’re smart enough to evaluate potential QB’s on game tape and not just a pro day.  We’ll just have to see how the pro days go tomorrow to be more sure though. 

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

There has always been 4 or 5 QB’s going before our pick. Plus the same WR’s and Pitts. So you still have the same potential for the same players IMO. Nothing has changed. 

The 49ers becoming a player for a QB creates one less team that will take a T or Edge.

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

They have an edge and the highest paid LT. I see everything still being the same. Just me though. 

Not saying the 49ers themselves could be in the market for a T or Edge, but other teams could and trade with them. Now we atleast know that is one less team to worry about.

Archived