Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stadiums

coltsleafs

Hey I thought i'd start a thread about peoples experiences at difference stadiums. I just started going to game 3 years ago and my goal is to see the Colts play in every stadium. So far I have been to Indianapolis, Buffalo, Oakland, Cincinnati, and New Orleans. My favorite stadium so far out of those 5 would have to be Indy's I may be biased though lol. I found Oakland and Buffalo's stadium to be very old and small. Out of all those places Buffalo and Oakland fans were the only ones to taunt me for being in a Colts jersey nothing major though. New Orleans fans were by far the friendliest every one in the city was so nice. I found Cincy and Indy to be quite similar fans were fairly quiet said nothing to me about wearing a Colts jersey and also while in Indy they said nothing to my friend who was wearing a Bengals jersey. I plan on going to New York, New England, and Detroit this year so I'd like to hear some other fans experiences from going to different stadiums.

I have only been to RCA Dome, Lucas Oil and Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati. LOS is by FAR the best...!!!!!

I have only been to RCA Dome, Lucas Oil and Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati. LOS is by FAR the best...!!!!!

I wish I could have seen the RCA Dome before it got torn down

Had Season tickets at RCA and now LOS, definitely love the new stadium, but enjoyed the RCA Have an aerial pic my son gave me for Christmas, taken on day of the first game at LOS, and it has the Dome in the picture behind it

I enjoyed games at RCA as well...!!!

Ya I've been to Lucas Oil twice now love the stadium great place to watch a game even though the first ever game I went to was the Colts vs Jets game where they pulled their starters. One of my favorite things about watching a game there is I actually get to sit down and enjoy the game unlike Buffalo and Oakland everyone stood the whole game.

I've been to Sun Life Stadium, Orange Bowl, the new Cowboys stadium and the LOS. I love the Colts and the LOS but the Cowboys stadium is beautiful, just an amazing place.

I know what you mean about the Bills stadium, it's horrible. I saw better high school stadiums in Texas when I visited LOL!

I've been to Sun Life Stadium, Orange Bowl, the new Cowboys stadium and the LOS. I love the Colts and the LOS but the Cowboys stadium is beautiful, just an amazing place.

I know what you mean about the Bills stadium, it's horrible. I saw better high school stadiums in Texas when I visited LOL!

Ya it was weird the stadium is on a residential street which I found quite strange. It is the closest stadium to where I live though so anytime the Colts play there I'm obviously going to go.

Ya I've been to Lucas Oil twice now love the stadium great place to watch a game even though the first ever game I went to was the Colts vs Jets game where they pulled their starters. One of my favorite things about watching a game there is I actually get to sit down and enjoy the game unlike Buffalo and Oakland everyone stood the whole game.

I had one game at LOS last year, guy from Cleveland or at least a fan, 2 rows in front of me and had to stand up for EVERY play of the game, fine when they were at other end of the field, sucked when at our end, you can see my avatar pic as to my view from my seats

I had one game at LOS last year, guy from Cleveland or at least a fan, 2 rows in front of me and had to stand up for EVERY play of the game, fine when they were at other end of the field, sucked when at our end, you can see my avatar pic as to my view from my seats

I hate when people do that I am all for getting up on third down and making noise when the opposing team has the ball but for the rest of the game sit down and enjoy the game lol

I've only been to Cleveland, Bills, and the old Giants stadium. Giants was nicest out of those 3, but none were fancy like the new stadiums coming in. I find the Bills stadium to have seats that are too small for some people. It's kind of squished. Very loyal fans, though and they weren't nasty to me for wearing Giants stuff. Cleveland fans were nasty to me for wearing a Giants hat - even though their opponent was the Chargers that day. I was just cold and needed a hat.

I've only been to Cleveland, Bills, and the old Giants stadium. Giants was nicest out of those 3, but none were fancy like the new stadiums coming in. I find the Bills stadium to have seats that are too small for some people. It's kind of squished. Very loyal fans, though and they weren't nasty to me for wearing Giants stuff. Cleveland fans were nasty to me for wearing a Giants hat - even though their opponent was the Chargers that day. I was just cold and needed a hat.

Ya fans didn't really give me to much of hard time in Buffalo they actually bugged my dad more because he was wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs hat.

Been a season ticket holder since 1999, (although financial reasons are forcing me to give them up). Been to Veterans Stadium and the Linc obviously. Only other stadium I've been to was Texas Stadium when we played down there in 2004. Had a great time down there, although that place was a dump.

I've been to New England, Philadelphia, Washington, and Baltimore twice. Of those, New England was the only place where I wasn't taunted at all for wearing Colts stuff. Philadelphia was the worst in terms of treatment from opposing fans. I could do a quick little synopsis on each stadium if anybody is interested.

I've been to New England, Philadelphia, Washington, and Baltimore twice. Of those, New England was the only place where I wasn't taunted at all for wearing Colts stuff. Philadelphia was the worst in terms of treatment from opposing fans. I could do a quick little synopsis on each stadium if anybody is interested.

Ya I'd like to hear a little synopsis about those stadiums. I'm afraid to go to Philly heard lots of bad stories about what they do to opposing fans I'm saving that stadium for last lol

I have been to Baltimore twice and I was not taunted or belittled for wearing my Colts jersey to the stadium both times I went to watch the Colts play.

I asked a fan as we tailgated with them "Am I going to get my butt kicked by wearing this (jersey)" and he told me "You're alright, we have a ring now so we're not too hostile about it anymore." The consensus is that most Baltimore fans are more angry with the Irsay family than the Colts fans.

I have also been to Philadelphia (the day Collie got knocked out of the game) two seasons ago. The fans in Philly are the most classless fans I have ever seen. We had a few guys tell us that we would be okay. Just don't over celebrate and it would be okay. Well it took the drunks until the 3rd quarter to figure it out that we were Colts fans and then the drunken taunts started. I had with me (at the time) my nine year old, with CP that loves the Colts and his favorite player was and still is Austin Collie. He had to endure the entrance of the players and the entire stadium yelled "SUCK" whenever a player was announced and that upset him. Then he had to see Austin get injured and carried out on a stretcher. Then of all things as the drunks started taunting him. They saw that every comment they made made him upset and they were saying things to get him even more upset. One butt was over top of my step son and was yelling at the top of his lungs that the Colts Suck and after any negative play he would stand up and yell directly down at him.

I was out numbered and with a child and a woman with me I had no backup so I had to just endure it and help the kid get through it. It was a horrible encounter I never recommend going to an Eagles game unless you are an Eagles fan or you can and are ready to back it up if you argue with one. These guys stick together and are drunk and ready to fight with anyone not wearing Eagles colors.

I have also been to Philadelphia (the day Collie got knocked out of the game) two seasons ago.

I was at that game too. They wore the throwback uniforms with the blue helmets. Similar experience to yours. On the other hand, though, I spent the day in Philly leading up to the game (Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, all that) and then took the subway to the game and had a good time. I didn't have any issues until I was actually inside the stadium.

I wonder if we also went to the same two Baltimore games.