Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets Fire DC Gregg Williams

Lancer1

From NFL.com:

Jets fire DC Gregg Williams in aftermath of last-second loss to Raiders

The Jets are not letting their last-second loss to the Raiders on Sunday go unpunished.

New York has fired defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Monday.

The move comes less than 24 hours after the Jets blew a four-point lead in the final minute. The Raiders had the ball with 13 seconds remaining at Gang Green's 46-yard-line when Derek Carr, amid a puzzling all-out blitz, found Henry Ruggs III behind the defense for a touchdown and 31-28 victory. The play marked the fourth-longest game-winning offensive touchdown in the final 0:15 of the fourth quarter in the last 10 seasons.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

5 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

From NFL.com:

Jets fire DC Gregg Williams in aftermath of last-second loss to Raiders

The Jets are not letting their last-second loss to the Raiders on Sunday go unpunished.

New York has fired defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Monday.

The move comes less than 24 hours after the Jets blew a four-point lead in the final minute. The Raiders had the ball with 13 seconds remaining at Gang Green's 46-yard-line when Derek Carr, amid a puzzling all-out blitz, found Henry Ruggs III behind the defense for a touchdown and 31-28 victory. The play marked the fourth-longest game-winning offensive touchdown in the final 0:15 of the fourth quarter in the last 10 seasons.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

lol this will make the tank for trevor fans angry because greg was there savior hehe

To be honest, I'm kinda surprised he kept getting hired after the Bountygate scandal in which he was recorded telling his players to "Affect the head!" When summoned to see Commissioner Goodell, he originally lied and was suspended indefinitely by the NFL, yet he was subsequently hired by 5 different NFL teams as their DC, even serving as the Browns' interim HC after Hue Jackson was fired.

It's hard to imagine him getting hired as a DC yet again after this, but anything's possible.

1 hour ago, Lancer1 said:

To be honest, I'm kinda surprised he kept getting hired after the Bountygate scandal in which he was recorded telling his players to "Affect the head!" When summoned to see Commissioner Goodell, he originally lied and was suspended indefinitely by the NFL, yet he was subsequently hired by 5 different NFL teams as their DC, even serving as the Browns' interim HC after Hue Jackson was fired.

It's hard to imagine him getting hired as a DC yet again after this, but anything's possible.

I was always confused as well why anyone would want him. I guess DCs are hard to come by, but this man seems to be a detriment to any team he commands. 

Being a Brett Favre fan, I absolutely hate Greg Williams for how the Saints intentionally attacked him during that 2009 NFC Championship game. 

It should've been Manning vs. Favre for that Super Bowl. 

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I was always confused as well why anyone would want him. I guess DCs are hard to come by, but this man seems to be a detriment to any team he commands. 

Being a Brett Favre fan, I absolutely hate Greg Williams for how the Saints intentionally attacked him during that 2009 NFC Championship game. 

It should've been Manning vs. Favre for that Super Bowl. 

I agree. We Vikings fans despise Gregg Williams. He should never have been allowed back. Given the focus on player safety, he is the last person I would expect to be hired again. I wish to never see him on any sideline or booth. 

41 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they looked like they were heading for 0-16 by week 4 or so.  have to wonder if trevor Lawrence will be in a hurry to join this team 

Part of me hopes he stays in school but knowing my luck, the Jags would get him next year

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I agree. We Vikings fans despise Gregg Williams. He should never have been allowed back. Given the focus on player safety, he is the last person I would expect to be hired again. I wish to never see him on any sideline or booth. 

I also think Colts fans do too, I know I forsure do. When he was with Washington, it is said that is when Manning's neck issues started was against them. You assume he was doing the same crap there too

37 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I also think Colts fans do too, I know I forsure do. When he was with Washington, it is said that is when Manning's neck issues started was against them. You assume he was doing the same crap there too

Agree!! Needs to be out of football! 

2 time SB champion Shannon Sharpe said tanking came from the top. Meaning Williams just doing his job. 

Booger McFarland said Williams put defense in bad plays throughout the game on purpose. 

So how bad did the Raiders play? It took until last play of game to win against a team that was tanking. :funny:

Archived