Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mock Draft 5.0

Needs

QB, CB, NT, TE, WR, OG

Round 1 Pick 1

Andrew Luck QB Stanford

With new eras come new QBs. Andrew Luck is everything you want in a franchise QB.

Alternative Picks: None. Don't fall for the Robert Griffin hype, Irsay. Andrew Luck will be the guy that brings us to the promised land.

Round 2 Pick 34

Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama

I never thought Jenkins could fall to the 2nd round, but there are still some concerns over his character, and South Carolina's Stephen Gilmore's stock has skyrocketed over the last few weeks, and now Jenkins might be available in the 2nd.

Alternative Picks: Coby Fleener TE Stanford, Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech, Dre' Kirkpatrick

Round 3 Pick 65

Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

The next best thing after Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen is a big, athletic, and a good blocker.

Alternative Picks: Alameda Ta'amu NT, Jamell Fleming CB

Round 4 Pick 97

Tommy Streeter WR Miami

Big and fast WR that can develop and be our #1 receiver when Reggie retires.

Alternative Picks: Juron Criner WR

Round 5 Pick 136

Nick Jean-Baptiste NT Baylor

We have a big need for an NT because we have no one on the roster except for maybe Antonio Johnson who can play NT. I was torn between Josh Chapman and Baptiste but with Chapman's injury he won't be back in time for the start of the season anyways.

Alternative Picks: Josh Chapman NT

Round 5 Pick 170

A.J. Jenkins WR Illinois

Very underrated prospect, had good production despite poor QB performance.

Alternative Picks: Derek Wolfe DE, Vontaze Burfict ILB, Audie Cole ILB

Round 6 Pick 206

Akiem Hicks DE/NT Regina

Can play either DE or NT in the 3-4, similar size to Haloti Ngata.

Alternative Picks: Robert Turbin RB, Tauren Poole RB, James-Michael Johnson ILB

Round 7 Pick 208

James-Michael Johnson ILB Nevada

Pretty underrated ILB in this draft, I read an interview with him a few days ago and I like his attitude. He said that he is just as good as Luke Kuechly and Dont'a Hightower, and in 10 years he sees himself as a Pro Bowler.

Round 7 Pick 214

Robert Turbin RB Utah State

We need some depth at RB if Donald Brown or Delone Carter get injured or stink.

Round 7 Pick 251

Antonie McClain OG Clemson

Mr. Irrelevant this year is depth for our O-Line!

Does Streeter have the ability to be a number 1 receiver in the NFL? From what I've read and seen, he will be more of a deep threat than a number 1 guy who runs all the routes

Right now Streeter can't be a #1 receiver right now. Being that last year was his first year getting major playing time he at times looked uncomfortable running routes, but that will correct itself in time. But I don't see any reason why Streeter can't be a #1 WR in the NFL, he was our #1 receiver, took on double teams and dominated Jayron Hosley, and had a good game against Chase Minnifield.

Does Streeter have the ability to be a number 1 receiver in the NFL? From what I've read and seen, he will be more of a deep threat than a number 1 guy who runs all the routes

I think he could easily become a very good #2 WR. Very fast and a great jumper for red zone threat. If he learns from Wayne to run clean routes he could be even better. A solid #2 WR would be great value in the 4th round I think

Needs

QB, CB, NT, TE, WR, OG

Round 1 Pick 1

Andrew Luck QB Stanford

With new eras come new QBs. Andrew Luck is everything you want in a franchise QB.

Alternative Picks: None. Don't fall for the Robert Griffin hype, Irsay. Andrew Luck will be the guy that brings us to the promised land.

Round 2 Pick 34

I never thought Jenkins could fall to the 2nd round, but there are still some concerns over his character, and South Carolina's Stephen Gilmore's stock has skyrocketed over the last few weeks, and now Jenkins might be available in the 2nd.

Alternative Picks: Coby Fleener TE Stanford, Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech, Dre' Kirkpatrick

Round 3 Pick 65

Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

The next best thing after Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen is a big, athletic, and a good blocker.

Round 4 Pick 97

Tommy Streeter WR Miami

Round 5 Pick 136

We have a big need for an NT because we have no one on the roster except for maybe Antonio Johnson who can play NT. I was torn between Josh Chapman and Baptiste but with Chapman's injury he won't be back in time for the start of the season anyways.

Round 5 Pick 170

A.J. Jenkins WR Illinois

Round 6 Pick 206

Akiem Hicks DE/NT Regina

Round 7 Pick 208

Pretty underrated ILB in this draft, I read an interview with him a few days ago and I like his attitude. He said that he is just as good as Luke Kuechly and Dont'a Hightower, and in 10 years he sees himself as a Pro Bowler.

Round 7 Pick 214

Round 7 Pick 251

Great mock. What about Wolfe instead of A.J.

Great mock. What about Wolfe instead of A.J.

I have Wolfe as an alternative in round 5, but I don't think DE is a huge need this year with Cory Redding, Moala and if we do get Hicks like in my draft. AJ Jenkins I feel is a real sleeper in this draft and we could use him like Arians used Mike Wallace in Pittsburgh.

I think he could easily become a very good #2 WR. Very fast and a great jumper for red zone threat. If he learns from Wayne to run clean routes he could be even better. A solid #2 WR would be great value in the 4th round I think

I agree 100%. If we can get a good #2 receiver in the 4th round, I would be all over it

good draft.. covered all our needs..

I would take Coby if he is available @ 34, but it isn't looking like he is available. Would love to see Ta amu there in the 3rd.. but don't think he will still be there.. but will hope.. I agree with AJ & I love the Aikeem Hicks pick .. I hope we can get him on the later rounds.. Streeter and learn the route running from Reggie Awesome!! Turbin will be a great pick IF he is there that late..

can't wait to see the FO and the draft

Been saying no WR early but this would be an awesome draft for us minus i still like Gilmore and Taamu .Even think a #2 WR this year Streeter and add a #1 next when we have booo kooo cap bucks to spend.Best mock ive seen so far realistic wise covers needs wants.

Been saying no WR early but this would be an awesome draft for us minus i still like Gilmore and Taamu .Even think a #2 WR this year Streeter and add a #1 next when we have booo kooo cap bucks to spend.Best mock ive seen so far realistic wise covers needs wants.

I like Gilmore too, but his draft stock rose a lot in the last few weeks, and most people think he's a 1st round pick now, and I didn't trade Freeney in this mock but if on draft day someone offers us a 2nd we might take it and get Ta'amu. I think he's a mid to late 2nd round prospect and will not be there at 65.

Love the mock draft. I don't see Jenkins falling to us (He clearly is the #2 CB and his talent is likely going to be too good to pass up in the 1st round. Think of it like Jimmy Smith last year.) though.

Jenkins definitely is the 2nd best CB in this year's draft, but I have heard that some teams already took him off their boards due to his off the field problems, and with Stephen Gilmore's stock rising teams may feel he is a safer pick. Mike Mayock says that Jenkins is top 15 talent but he will probably go in the late 1st or early 2nd due to his problems. We'll see what happens I hope he falls to us. :)

Needs

QB, CB, NT, TE, WR, OG

Round 1 Pick 1

Andrew Luck QB Stanford

Round 2 Pick 34

Round 3 Pick 65

Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

Round 4 Pick 97

Tommy Streeter WR Miami

Round 5 Pick 136

Round 5 Pick 170

A.J. Jenkins WR Illinois

Round 6 Pick 206

Akiem Hicks DE/NT Regina

Round 7 Pick 208

Round 7 Pick 214

Round 7 Pick 251

I really like this mock! However, I might rethink the second round as most of your options likely won't make it past the 1st round. Kirkpatrick and Jenkins could be grabbed in the first by the Bengals and Lions respectively. Fleener's stock is rising into a 1st round selection so he probably won't be there when we pick. Stephen Hill also may go in the first. It may be more realistic to consider Alfonzo Dennard CB or Alshon Jeffrey WR here if available.

In round 3 I'd go with Alameda Ta'amu NT intead of the Clemson TE. No need to take a TE that high when you could get a decent guy like Missouri's Michael Egnew or LaDarius Green from La-Lafayette in the 4th or 5th round range.

Nice draft overall. However, I might rethink the second round as most of your options likely won't make it past the 1st round. Kirkpatrick and Jenkins could be grabbed in the first by the Bengals and Lions respectively. Fleener's stock is rising into a 1st round selection so he probably won't be there when we pick. Stephen Hill also may go in the first. It may be more realistic to consider Alfonzo Dennard CB or Alshon Jeffrey WR here if available.

In round 3 I'd go with Alameda Ta'amu NT intead of the Clemson TE. No need to take a TE that high when you could get a decent guy like Missouri's Michael Egnew or LaDarius Green from La-Lafayette in the 4th or 5th round range.

I think one of those guys will be available at 34, Jenkins is just the best case scenario. A mock draft from ESPN had Jenkins going in the early 2nd round. As for the 65th pick, I would take Alameda Ta'amu if he was available, but I think he's a mid to late 2nd round pick and won't be on the board at 65. Dwayne Allen was considered a 1st round talent for most of the season, but was solid and not spectacular at the combine and pro-day and Coby Fleener having a spectacular pro day hurt Allen's stock. But Allen did have similar stats to Fleener, 50rec 598yds 8 TDs to Fleener's 34rec 667yds 10 TDs with Tajh Boyd throwing to him who is no where near the level of Andrew Luck.

If those 3 guys aren't available and there are no 1st round talents at 34 I would probably trade down and pick the best CB available and Ta'Amu,

Maybe add Nick Perry to the alternative list for 34

Thought about it but there's really no point unless we get an offer for Dwight Freeney...right? Could you imagine if someone offered us a 2nd for Freeney and we got Nick Perry and Stephen Gilmore in the 2nd? That would be an awesome draft :)

Believe it or not, I think we're in a pretty good position for this draft. We have needs for starters or first level back-ups at almost every position. If ever there was a draft where you should rely heavily on your Big Board, this is it. Best available player for every round. Keep finding the guys who should have been drafted the previous round but fell through the cracks due to other teams overreaching and drafting for need. That strategy will insure that we upgrade our overall talent level and help us pinpoint weak spots for the following years' drafts.

Round

Position

Name

Collage

Ht. Wt.

QB

Andrew Luck

Stanford

6’4” 235 lbs

TE

Coby Fleener

Stanford

6’6” 266 lbs

CB

Jemell Fleming

Oklahoma

5’11”191 lbs

WR

A.J. Jenkins

Illinois

6’0” 185 lbs

DT

Josh Chapman

Alabama

6’1” 310 lbs

RB

Ronnie Hillman

San Diego

5’10”175 lbs

DE/OLB

Jack Crawford

Penn State

6’5” 256 lbs

FS

Phillip Thomas

Syracuse

5’11 190 lbs

MLB

James-Michael Johnson

Nevada

6’2” 240 lbs

WR

Taveon Rogers

N. Mexico

6’0” 181 lbs

Generally a good mock, I'm not a big fan of Tommy Streeter, but he's a good deep threat. AJ Jenkins, I assure will not go in the late 5th, he may not even go in the 4th. He's a great receiver, who will be good in this league, so it's worth spending the 3rd round pick on him. I also don't think Turbin goes in the 7th round.

My mock goes:

1.Luck QB

2. Hosley CB

3. Jenkins WR

4. Egnew TE

5. Brooks OG

5C. Hamilton NT

6C. Owusu WR

7. Davis CB

7. Bailey RB

7C. ILB (a lot of possibilities)