Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans Game - Closer look at RB Carries

EastStreet

Below are 
1) General comments and opinion
2) Simple breakout of each RB's yards by direction and predictability 
3) Play and Drive detail
4) General Notes (how I looked at detail)
5) NFL Draft Profile cuts on each RB

General Comments
1. Taylor - The majority of Taylor's carries were up the middle (71%), and all but one were inside the Tackles. Also, the majority Taylor's carries were in predictable situations. 4 of 7 were in 3&1, 4&1, or Goal Line situation with the D playing the obvious run.
2. Hines - The majority of Hines's carries were outside the Tackles, and in unpredictable down and distances. Only 25% up the middle. 
3. Wilkins - Wilkins had 50% of his carries up the middle. Of his 5 carries between the Tackles, only one was a success. 5 of 8 carries were 2H, and 4 were the last drive.

Opinion
1. Reich and Rathman aren't really putting Taylor into a position to succeed or build confidence. Majority of carries are up the middle carries, very predictable situations, etc.. If you believe NFL.com's opinion, Taylor needs more carries (to be the body puncher guy), and also rushing attempts outside instead of just pounding him up the middle.
2. We're playing to Hines's strengths finally, letting him run over tackle and end. His end runs were a great change up to begin the 2H.
3. Pretty much what we've come to expect of Wilkins. Better running outside than in, and got most of his yards later in the game.

4. I'm perfectly fine with running on 3rd and short, 4th and short, goal line, etc..... But can we mix it up and not run between the Ts every time. Run over T or End once in a while so you're less predictable. We have 2 guys that are 4.39 and 4.38 that can hit the edge. We also have Wilkins who is better outside the Ts than inside.

RB Rushing Yards - 110
WR/Gimmick Rushing Yards - 21 (Pittman). Harris's attempt didn't officially count due to penalty.
QB Rushing Yards - 2 (Brissett)

Hines - 12 for 70 (5.8 YPC)
- 25% (3 of 12) Middle (10 yards) / 2 Guard (5) / 3 Tackle (29) / 4 End (27)
-33% (4 of 12) predictable (19 yards)

Wilkins - 8 for 28 (4 YPC)
-50% (4 of 8) Middle (9 yards) / 1 Guard (0) / 1 Tackle (-2) / 2 End (21)
-25% (2 of 8) predictable  (0 yards)

Taylor - 7 for 12 (1.7 YPC)
-71% (5 of 7) Middle (8 yards) / 1 Guard (0) / 1 End (4)
-57% (4 of 7) predictable (4 yards)

Drive/Quarter/Time/Field Position/Down & Distance/RB/Direction/Yards
---------------------------------------------
D1/1Q/10:53/IN41/2-5/Taylor1/Middle/4
-Success/Unpredictable D&D
D1/1Q/10:26/IN45/3-1/Taylor2/Middle/0
-Fail/Very predictable D&D
D1/1Q/9:42/IN45/4-1/Taylor3/Middle/2
-Success/Very Predictable D&D
--------------rotate/sub-------------------
D1/1Q/8:06/50/1-10/Wilkins1/Middle/3
-Fail/Unpredictable D&D
D1/1Q/7:31/TN32/2-4/Wilkins2/R-End/3
-Fail/Unpredictable D&D
D1/1Q/6:58/TN29/4-1/Wilkins3/Middle/0
-Fail/Very Predictable D&D
-------------drive 1 ends on downs--------

D2/1Q/5:06/IN25/1-10/Hines1/R-Tackle/9
-Success/Unpredictable
D2/1Q/4:42/IN34/2-1/Hines2/L-Tackle/12
-Success/predictable
D2/1Q/3:41/TN45/2-1/Hines3/Middle/3
-Success/predictable
D2/1Q/2:37/TN33/2-1/Hines4/R-Guard/2
-Success/predictable
------------drive 2 ends with FG--------------

D3/2Q/10:23/IN31/2-10/Hines5/L-Tackle/8
-Success/Unpredictable
-----------rotate/sub------------------------
D3/2Q/8:40/TN17/1-10/Taylor4/L-End/4
-Success/Unpredictable
------------drive 3 ends with TD------------

D4/2Q/2:26/IN35/1-10/Hines6/L-Guard/3
-Fail/Unpredictable
------------drive 4 ends with FG-------------

-------------Half------------------------------

D5/3Q/14:21/IN40/1-10/Hines7/L-End/14
-Success/Unpredictable
D5/3Q/13:42/TN46/1-10/Hines8/L-End/13
-Success/Unpredictable
D5/3Q/13:12/TN33/1-10/Hines9/R-End/-3
-Fail/Unpredictable (although it was the 3rd in a row)
-----------rotate/sub-----------------------------
D5/3Q/10:34/TN14/2-8/Taylor5/Middle/0
-Fail
D5/3Q/9:34/TN7/4-1/Taylor6/Middle/2
-Success/Predictable
D5/3Q/8:13/TN1/3-G/Taylor7/L-Gurad/0
-Fail/Predictable
--------------------rotate/sub--------------------
D5/3Q/7:29/TN1/4-G/Wilkins4/R-Guard/0
-Fail/Predictable
----------------drive ends on downs---------------

--------drive begins after shank on TN27-----------
D6/3Q/4:09/TN27/1-10/Hines10/Middle/4
-Success/unpredictable
D6/3Q/3:32/TN23/2-6/Pittman1/R-End/21
-Success/unpredictable
D6/3Q/2:51/TN2/2-2/Hines11/L-End/2
-Success/predictable
--------------drive ends on TD-----------------------

D7/4Q/12:11/IN34/1-10/Harris1/L-End/-3
-Fail/Unpredictable/Pentalty on TN
D7/4Q/10:56/TN11/1-10/Hines12/middle/3
-Fail/Unpredictable
---------------drive ends on TD--------------------

D8/4Q/6:52/IN14/1-10/Wilkins5/middle/2
-Fail/Unpredictable
D8/4Q/6:07/IN32/2-8/Wilkins6/L-end/18
-Success/unpredictable
D8/4Q/5:20/IN36/1-10/Wilkins7/middle/4
-success/unpredictable
D8/4Q/4:36/IN34/2-6/Wilkins8/R-Tackle/-2
-Fail/unpredictable

Success equals (in general)
1. 4 or more yards on any rushing play
2. 1st down or TD made on any D&D (down and distance)

Things that can make running easier in general
1. running on 1st down
2 running on downs with 5 or more yards to go
3. running late in the 1H, or after the 1st drive in the 2H
4. running after a turnover (especially an early drive TO)
5. running over T/End/Sweep

Things that can make running harder in general
1. short yardage situations on 3rd, 4th, and all goal line
2. early in games
3. right after half time (1st drive)
4. running up the middle
5. General RZ

Cuts from NFL.com's Draft Profile
Taylor
1. Taylor runs with bend and burst as an outside runner and has home-run speed once he gets into the open field
2. He's more body puncher than knockout artist, wearing down his opponents with carry after carry
3. Burst around the corner outpaces pursuit
4. Not a powerful pile mover in tight quarters

Hines 
1. Hines is a linear runner whose ability to cut and burst would fit with teams looking for a change of pace back in an outside zone running scheme
2. Most comfortable when he's keeping outside zone carries over the tackle

Wilkins
1. Finesse runner with good size and great agility with the lateral agility
2. Glides behind lead blockers allowing them to do their work
3. Has moments of indecisiveness between the tackles

Wilkins did what he does best, feast on tired defenses. I have no false hopes of him being a starter, but I like him as a sort of closer for now. Not super fast or strong, but patience/good vision and able to break through weak/tired tackle attempts.

Although maybe Taylor would benefit from getting work in those scenarios (assuming he hasn’t already had a heavy workload).

54 minutes ago, will426 said:

All 3 are zone scheme based runners but Wilkins has the best vision 

Yes, but Taylor comes from a unique system, and much more power based.

30 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Taylor sure looks like a powerful pile mover, seen several times hit short and pushes for first down and has run over defenders time and again.

He's looked better than I expected pile-wise. One of the digs on him was that he wasn't a pile mover.

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Wilkins did what he does best, feast on tired defenses. I have no false hopes of him being a starter, but I like him as a sort of closer for now. Not super fast or strong, but patience/good vision and able to break through weak/tired tackle attempts.

Although maybe Taylor would benefit from getting work in those scenarios (assuming he hasn’t already had a heavy workload).

Wilkins has looked at times, better than last year, running up the middle. Still, most are late carries. He is, IMO, a great backup, and someone to let loose late. 

I just wish they'd mix it up for Taylor, and let him get in a rhythm with more touches. I love what I'm seeing out of him in the passing game too. That was unexpected based on how Wiscy used him.

Yeah, agreed on the lack of mixing it up with Taylor. Like you said in the OP, took them a while to seemingly start using Hines more effectively. Hopefully it won’t take as long with Taylor, at least in the run game, because it definitely is a pleasant surprise seeing him emerge as a receiving threat.

9 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, agreed on the lack of mixing it up with Taylor. Like you said in the OP, took them a while to seemingly start using Hines more effectively. Hopefully it won’t take as long with Taylor, at least in the run game, because it definitely is a pleasant surprise seeing him emerge as a receiving threat.

I just remember him killing the edge at Wiscy. I think he could look every bit as good or better than Hines running outside. He's just as speedy, and is bigger... 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Below are 
1) General comments and opinion
2) Simple breakout of each RB's yards by direction and predictability 
3) Play and Drive detail
4) General Notes (how I looked at detail)
5) NFL Draft Profile cuts on each RB

General Comments
1. Taylor - The majority of Taylor's carries were up the middle (71%), and all but one were inside the Tackles. Also, the majority Taylor's carries were in predictable situations. 4 of 7 were in 3&1, 4&1, or Goal Line situation with the D playing the obvious run.
2. Hines - The majority of Hines's carries were outside the Tackles, and in unpredictable down and distances. Only 25% up the middle. 
3. Wilkins - Wilkins had 50% of his carries up the middle. Of his 5 carries between the Tackles, only one was a success. 5 of 8 carries were 2H, and 4 were the last drive.

Opinion
1. Reich and Rathman aren't really putting Taylor into a position to succeed or build confidence. Majority of carries are up the middle carries, very predictable situations, etc.. If you believe NFL.com's opinion, Taylor needs more carries (to be the body puncher guy), and also rushing attempts outside instead of just pounding him up the middle.
2. We're playing to Hines's strengths finally, letting him run over tackle and end. His end runs were a great change up to begin the 2H.
3. Pretty much what we've come to expect of Wilkins. Better running outside than in, and got most of his yards later in the game.

4. I'm perfectly fine with running on 3rd and short, 4th and short, goal line, etc..... But can we mix it up and not run between the Ts every time. Run over T or End once in a while so you're less predictable. We have 2 guys that are 4.39 and 4.38 that can hit the edge. We also have Wilkins who is better outside the Ts than inside.

RB Rushing Yards - 110
WR/Gimmick Rushing Yards - 21 (Pittman). Harris's attempt didn't officially count due to penalty.
QB Rushing Yards - 2 (Brissett)

Hines - 12 for 70 (5.8 YPC)
- 25% (3 of 12) Middle (10 yards) / 2 Guard (5) / 3 Tackle (29) / 4 End (27)
-33% (4 of 12) predictable (19 yards)

Wilkins - 8 for 28 (4 YPC)
-50% (4 of 8) Middle (9 yards) / 1 Guard (0) / 1 Tackle (-2) / 2 End (21)
-25% (2 of 8) predictable  (0 yards)

Taylor - 7 for 12 (1.7 YPC)
-71% (5 of 7) Middle (8 yards) / 1 Guard (0) / 1 End (4)
-57% (4 of 7) predictable (4 yards)

Drive/Quarter/Time/Field Position/Down & Distance/RB/Direction/Yards
---------------------------------------------
D1/1Q/10:53/IN41/2-5/Taylor1/Middle/4
-Success/Unpredictable D&D
D1/1Q/10:26/IN45/3-1/Taylor2/Middle/0
-Fail/Very predictable D&D
D1/1Q/9:42/IN45/4-1/Taylor3/Middle/2
-Success/Very Predictable D&D
--------------rotate/sub-------------------
D1/1Q/8:06/50/1-10/Wilkins1/Middle/3
-Fail/Unpredictable D&D
D1/1Q/7:31/TN32/2-4/Wilkins2/R-End/3
-Fail/Unpredictable D&D
D1/1Q/6:58/TN29/4-1/Wilkins3/Middle/0
-Fail/Very Predictable D&D
-------------drive 1 ends on downs--------

D2/1Q/5:06/IN25/1-10/Hines1/R-Tackle/9
-Success/Unpredictable
D2/1Q/4:42/IN34/2-1/Hines2/L-Tackle/12
-Success/predictable
D2/1Q/3:41/TN45/2-1/Hines3/Middle/3
-Success/predictable
D2/1Q/2:37/TN33/2-1/Hines4/R-Guard/2
-Success/predictable
------------drive 2 ends with FG--------------

D3/2Q/10:23/IN31/2-10/Hines5/L-Tackle/8
-Success/Unpredictable
-----------rotate/sub------------------------
D3/2Q/8:40/TN17/1-10/Taylor4/L-End/4
-Success/Unpredictable
------------drive 3 ends with TD------------

D4/2Q/2:26/IN35/1-10/Hines6/L-Guard/3
-Fail/Unpredictable
------------drive 4 ends with FG-------------

-------------Half------------------------------

D5/3Q/14:21/IN40/1-10/Hines7/L-End/14
-Success/Unpredictable
D5/3Q/13:42/TN46/1-10/Hines8/L-End/13
-Success/Unpredictable
D5/3Q/13:12/TN33/1-10/Hines9/R-End/-3
-Fail/Unpredictable (although it was the 3rd in a row)
-----------rotate/sub-----------------------------
D5/3Q/10:34/TN14/2-8/Taylor5/Middle/0
-Fail
D5/3Q/9:34/TN7/4-1/Taylor6/Middle/2
-Success/Predictable
D5/3Q/8:13/TN1/3-G/Taylor7/L-Gurad/0
-Fail/Predictable
--------------------rotate/sub--------------------
D5/3Q/7:29/TN1/4-G/Wilkins4/R-Guard/0
-Fail/Predictable
----------------drive ends on downs---------------

--------drive begins after shank on TN27-----------
D6/3Q/4:09/TN27/1-10/Hines10/Middle/4
-Success/unpredictable
D6/3Q/3:32/TN23/2-6/Pittman1/R-End/21
-Success/unpredictable
D6/3Q/2:51/TN2/2-2/Hines11/L-End/2
-Success/predictable
--------------drive ends on TD-----------------------

D7/4Q/12:11/IN34/1-10/Harris1/L-End/-3
-Fail/Unpredictable/Pentalty on TN
D7/4Q/10:56/TN11/1-10/Hines12/middle/3
-Fail/Unpredictable
---------------drive ends on TD--------------------

D8/4Q/6:52/IN14/1-10/Wilkins5/middle/2
-Fail/Unpredictable
D8/4Q/6:07/IN32/2-8/Wilkins6/L-end/18
-Success/unpredictable
D8/4Q/5:20/IN36/1-10/Wilkins7/middle/4
-success/unpredictable
D8/4Q/4:36/IN34/2-6/Wilkins8/R-Tackle/-2
-Fail/unpredictable

Success equals (in general)
1. 4 or more yards on any rushing play
2. 1st down or TD made on any D&D (down and distance)

Things that can make running easier in general
1. running on 1st down
2 running on downs with 5 or more yards to go
3. running late in the 1H, or after the 1st drive in the 2H
4. running after a turnover (especially an early drive TO)
5. running over T/End/Sweep

Things that can make running harder in general
1. short yardage situations on 3rd, 4th, and all goal line
2. early in games
3. right after half time (1st drive)
4. running up the middle
5. General RZ

Cuts from NFL.com's Draft Profile
Taylor
1. Taylor runs with bend and burst as an outside runner and has home-run speed once he gets into the open field
2. He's more body puncher than knockout artist, wearing down his opponents with carry after carry
3. Burst around the corner outpaces pursuit
4. Not a powerful pile mover in tight quarters

Hines 
1. Hines is a linear runner whose ability to cut and burst would fit with teams looking for a change of pace back in an outside zone running scheme
2. Most comfortable when he's keeping outside zone carries over the tackle

Wilkins
1. Finesse runner with good size and great agility with the lateral agility
2. Glides behind lead blockers allowing them to do their work
3. Has moments of indecisiveness between the tackles

Do u think that Reich runs it up the gut in short yardage situatuions to build confidence in thr Oline? Getting them to try impose their will on the opposing D.

27 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Do u think that Reich runs it up the gut in short yardage situatuions to build confidence in thr Oline? Getting them to try impose their will on the opposing D.

IDK. Maybe. But I don't see the as much power drive blocking this year. Our OL just seems different to me this year. I think it's probably more Reich just being stubborn. He was predictable last year, but I chalked it up to just having JB behind center. I'm not so sure anymore. And not letting JT run more edge given his college background is really strange to me.

I was blaming Frank (he is the head coach) but it’s Rathman who’s putting Taylor in the doghouse. Frank said after the scripted plays, Rathman decides which back gets reps.  So Rathman clearly has a hard on for Wilkins.  I’m getting sick of it.  Give Taylor a chance. I want to see him and Hines in the backfield together.  Wilkins should only get backup carries.  And he should never get advanced passing routes after that business decision he made when we were about to score.  Could have lead to a red zone turnover.

Taylor plays so hard and fast (sometimes to his own detriment because he may miss some holes) that he would have definitely caught that and had a violent collision with the DB. And from the kind of punishment he was handing out that night, I don’t know if the DB wanted that contact.  Taylor delivered bigger blows than Henry did that night.  Dude definitely has the potential to wear defenses down over the course of a game.  We just need to start rewarding him for doing that instead of giving Wilkins the late carries against worn down defenses that make JW’s numbers look better. 

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

To me they need to get Taylor to the edge more.  He seems to have success on the quick passes to the edge.  Once out there he is a nightmare.  A power sweep seems ideal or a quick pitchout.  They seem too focused on running him up the middle.  I just don't see that strategy right now.  

I agree. I remember one game the past few weeks (maybe the game where Taylor was really put in the doghouse) where they pounded Taylor up the gut multiple times. Tough hard runs.  Then they bring in Wilkins and give him a toss sweep and he gets outside and gets like 10 plus.  Never gave Taylor those kind of carries. In fact I don’t know if he got many more carries at all that day. 

Hines was used more as an APB than a pure RB in the TEN game, and the production showed, IMO.  He was lined up all over the field, and produced from several spots, and sometimes not used in those spots, so now there is less predictability to the offense when he is on the field.

Agree with JT not getting the opportunities.  My only guess is that the staff does not fell comfortable using him in a variety of ways.  Heck, it's taken them about 3 or 4 years to use Hines correctly.  Or maybe they need to review the stats for the first half of the season and see what might be just a matter of circumstances.  Not that they call in JT when they want to run it up the gut, but maybe he's the RB that's in the game when those plays are called.  

Also, would like to know if Frank's offense typically but occasionally has a fullback or an Hback as a lead blocker.  We have neither on the roster, or at least not enough depth/versatility yet to have one active on game day, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I was blaming Frank (he is the head coach) but it’s Rathman who’s putting Taylor in the doghouse. Frank said after the scripted plays, Rathman decides which back gets reps.  So Rathman clearly has a hard on for Wilkins.  I’m getting sick of it.  Give Taylor a chance. I want to see him and Hines in the backfield together.  Wilkins should only get backup carries.  And he should never get advanced passing routes after that business decision he made when we were about to score.  Could have lead to a red zone turnover.

Taylor plays so hard and fast (sometimes to his own detriment because he may miss some holes) that he would have definitely caught that and had a violent collision with the DB. And from the kind of punishment he was handing out that night, I don’t know if the DB wanted that contact.  Taylor delivered bigger blows than Henry did that night.  Dude definitely has the potential to wear defenses down over the course of a game.  We just need to start rewarding him for doing that instead of giving Wilkins the late carries against worn down defenses that make JW’s numbers look better. 

I hear ya about Rathman. But I also know Frank is the boss. He at minimum approves the frequent rotations. And I just don't buy Rathman is fully making those decisions without a ton of input from Frank. All of the RBs are different in terms of skill set.

Letting Rathman have 100% control means either 1) that Frank views all RBs as equally capable of running and catching, or 2) he consciously limits his play calling based on Rathman's decisions.

Either way, that's just not very smart of an OC to do (letting Rathman basically dictate or limit play calling options). It's kind of like when Frank has said on several occasions that Hines is legit and well rounded every down RB. Can he play every down? Sure. But he's well rounded. 

14 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I was blaming Frank (he is the head coach) but it’s Rathman who’s putting Taylor in the doghouse. Frank said after the scripted plays, Rathman decides which back gets reps.

Yeah, I doubt that Frank looks up and sees Wilkins in and JT out and changes his mind to running outside because of it.  JTs carries may be a matter of unfortunate circumstances.  Either way, they should leave him in the game for more plays, IMO.  Then maybe he'd get more variety simply by being the RB on the field at the time.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Agree with JT not getting the opportunities.  My only guess is that the staff does not fell comfortable using him in a variety of ways.  Heck, it's taken them about 3 or 4 years to use Hines correctly.  Or maybe they need to review the stats for the first half of the season and see what might be just a matter of circumstances.  Not that they call in JT when they want to run it up the gut, but maybe he's the RB that's in the game when those plays are called.  

We used Hines great in 2018. Last year though took a big step back in his usage. 

I disagree though on JT just being in when those plays are called. JT was in the first drive, and that was scripted. 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Also, would like to know if Frank's offense typically but occasionally has a fullback or an Hback as a lead blocker.  We have neither on the roster, or at least not enough depth/versatility yet to have one active on game day, IMO.

Burton is basically a HB/TE hybrid. He played HB/FB at times in college, and also played HB in Philly his first three years there. He didn't change his jersey number till his 4th year to a true TE #.

Wilkins was bad this game...but got the last garbage time drive and hit an 18-yard run.

Hines looked great. He was decisive and fast. And this is coming from someone who has been critical and far from a Hines stan. Watching this game...it really seemed like the OL was blocking much better for Hines than Taylor or Wilkins. Maybe that is the difference between a good play call and a predictable/bad one...but Hines had lots of room to run today...and the other two didn’t. I will say this...I couldn’t believe TEN didn’t adjust to the outside runs. A better defense will shut that down...especially since Hines is not a threat up the middle.

As for Taylor...I don’t know what they are doing. The usage is weird...and this is how many games in a row he has been benched?

You are telling me he couldn’t hit those outside runs too. We have seen him rip off chunk yards on those plays...yet they don’t ever seem to call them for him. They seem content to run him into a wall every game...despite the fact that he’s probably the most dangerous player in space on this team. 

And he is leading the RBs in yards/reception...but in 6/9 games...he had two targets or less. Again...just weird usage. The coaching staff really hasn’t done him many favors.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

IDK. Maybe. But I don't see the as much power drive blocking this year. Our OL just seems different to me this year. I think it's probably more Reich just being stubborn. He was predictable last year, but I chalked it up to just having JB behind center. I'm not so sure anymore. And not letting JT run more edge given his college background is really strange to me.

Yeah I am not sure anymore. He was fired in San Diego. The Eagles offence and Wentz haven't been the same since he left.  I am not sure if he is a good coordinator but I think he is a good coach. 

46 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yeah I am not sure anymore. He was fired in San Diego. The Eagles offence and Wentz haven't been the same since he left.  I am not sure if he is a good coordinator but I think he is a good coach. 

Philly has had a lot of change and shuffle. It's not just Reich leaving. You could argue that Wentz was better in 2018 and 2019. He just played less games in 2018 than 2017. And he had a career best yards in 2019. He had the same number of INTs each year form 17-19. 

I like Reich as a person, and I'm sure he's a good people manager. Just not sold on game planning and play calling.

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Philly has had a lot of change and shuffle. It's not just Reich leaving. You could argue that Wentz was better in 2018 and 2019. He just played less games in 2018 than 2017. And he had a career best yards in 2019. He had the same number of INTs each year form 17-19. 

I like Reich as a person, and I'm sure he's a good people manager. Just not sold on game planning and play calling.

I am not sure if he is stubborn.  I beleive he is a deeply religious man and he had a great deal of faith in people. I think u see that trait carry over to his players and coaches. I think he truly believes if he has  faith in a player or coach, he will see positive results in the long term. He maybe right , but we shall c

15 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am not sure if he is stubborn.  I beleive he is a deeply religious man and he had a great deal of faith in people. I think u see that trait carry over to his players and coaches. I think he truly believes if he has  faith in a player or coach, he will see positive results in the long term. He maybe right , but we shall c

I like faith. And I agree on an anecdotal level. Faith doesn't always translate into results though. There's often times a ceiling that folks just can't rise above regardless of how much faith you attempt to put into a person. It's not a bad thing though, unless you fail to recognize it's not working out.

Archived