Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Again, Very Manning-Like

oldunclemark

He's more mobile and obviously faster.. more like Archie than Peyton

but he has the same low-key 'I'm not too excited' demeanor..

he handles questions a lot like Manning...never predicting (He's got to know he's coming to Indy no matter what he says) and never bragging..

...he says little but that's what he should do in this unique situation....

....He's obviosuly facing a situation that is intimidating...but he seems to have mentally prepared for it..

Thde only question is: How good will he be how fast?

..and he probably wonders that himself..

i dont think he is to worried about how good hes going to be aslong as he is going out there giving it his all from the first drive of the game to the last drive of the game. that being said Trent Dilfer said yesterday at stanfords pro day that Luck has the footwork and the throwing motions alot like manning. my only question is how are his work ethics? is he there at practice after a game before the rest of his team? does he put in extra effort in the video room looking at film of the last game and his next game? things like that is what manning did, be the first to show up and the last to leave. if luck does that and he is able to break game tapes down like manning then he should get a superbowl or two or three lol

i dont think he is to worried about how good hes going to be aslong as he is going out there giving it his all from the first drive of the game to the last drive of the game. that being said Trent Dilfer said yesterday at stanfords pro day that Luck has the footwork and the throwing motions alot like manning. my only question is how are his work ethics? is he there at practice after a game before the rest of his team? does he put in extra effort in the video room looking at film of the last game and his next game? things like that is what manning did, be the first to show up and the last to leave. if luck does that and he is able to break game tapes down like manning then he should get a superbowl or two or three lol

He probably won't have Peyton's work effort. Peyton was a freak when it came to that stuff. They didn't call him "Caveman" for nothing. No one in the NFL will out prep Peyton. But so long as Luck has a work effort that is above average for the typical NFL QB, he should do alright.

He probably won't have Peyton's work effort. Peyton was a freak when it came to that stuff. They didn't call him "Caveman" for nothing. No one in the NFL will out prep Peyton. But so long as Luck has a work effort that is above average for the typical NFL QB, he should do alright.

I tend to stay away from time comparisons when talking about other people's work ethic. I do think Peyton was the best prepared but I also think Luck or any other QB could be just as prepared in half the time. It is all about how you use the time, not how much you spend.

I personally think Luck will do just fine...but I also think it will take a couple of big hits for him to realize the intensity in which he will have to study and prepare for each team

Luck seems like a very boring person..at least Manning had some personality..

Yes, Luck does seem very boringly good. I hope that continues into the NFL. I hope to see him complete many boring passes into the endzone, and then after winning multiple games, provide boring commentary to the ESPN interviewers. I expect him to comment on how good his OL was in providing him time to throw, and how great his receivers wer in getting open. Otherwise I expect his teammates and his coaches to provide the exciting commentary about him.

well during the pro day, the commentators talked about how he called Manning about what he should do and if he should stay for his Senior year.

It is obvious that Luck and Manning are alike in a lot of ways and that is one reason I think that Irsay feels comfortable taking him with the number 1 overall pick.

Yes, Luck does seem very boringly good. I hope that continues into the NFL. I hope to see him complete many boring passes into the endzone, and then after winning multiple games, provide boring commentary to the ESPN interviewers. I expect him to comment on how good his OL was in providing him time to throw, and how great his receivers wer in getting open. Otherwise I expect his teammates and his coaches to provide the exciting commentary about him.

what?..man put your cape away..ya get so defensive when someone has an opinion about Luck.

lol..... you book your flight to Denver yet?

nope there's nothing out there for me.

I think he''s just trying to be cool.

anything he says will be blown up right now and he hasnt played a game yet...

.....when he has some success..I think you'll hear him get talky

yea maybe we'll see..

Who here has hung out with Luck? and why do we assume he is boring,maybe some of that is humility. Heck my wife is very boring, but yet a pleasure to have had for 24 years now. I for one is more concerned with how quick he can get NFL ready.

I mean from what I heard he goes to bed at 10.30 and reads books. cough *nerd* cough lol

I mean from what I heard he goes to bed at 10.30 and reads books. cough *nerd* cough lol

lol, it is extremely funny the things that get brought into some of these threads. I.e. Luck seems to be boring, really, really. Yea it it a shame he is not more outgoing like a Jerome Simpson or a Mike Vick or Plaxico Burress.

Who here has hung out with Luck? and why do we assume he is boring,maybe some of that is humility. Heck my wife is very boring, but yet a pleasure to have had for 24 years now. I for one is more concerned with how quick he can get NFL ready.

Luck is NFL ready!! I bet he is better then some starters in the NFL already.

Luck seems like a very boring person..at least Manning had some personality..

He seemed very nervous but I can understand that. He seemed humble, as Peyton does. Good quality. I remember the Leaf/Manning thing. I think that Leaf would have been great but his attitude got in the way. His ego was the problem and he couldn't admit mistakes. I don't see that in Luck.

No off the field problems with Luck. He'll be in bed by 9pm.