Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts expected to sign Tremon Smith

CR91

I had him mocked to the Colts in 2018. Meets all of Ballards measurables including ball skills with 15 collegiate interceptions!

Plus at 4.38 speed he was a great returner for the Chiefs who fiddled around with converting him to running back last year....then he bounced around with the Packers and Eagles during the season last year.

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

I had him mocked to the Colts in 2018. Meets all of Ballards measurables including ball skills with 15 collegiate interceptions!

Plus at 4.38 speed he was a great returner for the Chiefs who fiddled around with converting him to running back last year....then he bounced around with the Packers and Eagles during the season last year.

Yep, you told me all about him in another thread. This guy seems solid overall and young with a lot of potential. Very happy to get him on the team! Nice call Scott! Letting you know that on two threads! haha 

Smith doesn't really move the needle for me as a CB. He struggled when given the chance with KC, and bounced around since. Fast guy, but really struggles in a few key areas. Very raw, from an almost pure "man" system in college, and probably has a lot more upside at returner than CB. Long strider which doesn't normally translate to DBs. Needs a lot of technique coaching, as well as experience/coaching in a C2 atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know very little about this guy but I love the 4.38 speed factor.

Found these a few minutes ago. The first is his draft profile, and the second is his rookie year review. 

Pretty close to what I said earlier. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2769532-tremon-smith-nfl-draft-2018-scouting-report-for-kansas-city-chiefs-pick#:~:text=Tremon Smith looks the part,teach him patience and technique.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/15/kansas-city-chiefs-rookie-tremon-smith-2018-season-review-2019-outlook/

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know very little about this guy but I love the 4.38 speed factor.

T.J. Green had 4.38 speed too. Lol  So it doesn’t always translate to the field.  But like you, I know very little about this guy though.  Could be a decent depth signing.  

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Kendall Coleman was Waived to make room. Kinda surprised. Coleman was one of my darkhorses to make the team

I'm kinda surprised too. Not that I though Coleman would make the roster, but I simply don't see Smith as being all that at DB. Tell opting out us threw a curve ball IMO. Or, some of the new CB signs aren't working out as planned. Or, they are very happy with how DE is looking...

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

T.J. Green had 4.38 speed too. Lol  So it doesn’t always translate to the field.  But like you, I know very little about this guy though.  Could be a decent depth signing.  

I at first read your post wrong (T.J.) ... At first I thought, I remember E.G. Green, the WR that came in with Jerome Pathon and Peyton Freaking Manning. What I remember most about him was that fractured leg. It was one of those that looked like he had an extra joint where one isn't located. So was there really a guy named T.J. Green that ran a 4.34 forty time? I don't recall him.  :)~ ...

2 hours ago, BrickHead said:

I at first read your post wrong (T.J.) ... At first I thought, I remember E.G. Green, the WR that came in with Jerome Pathon and Peyton Freaking Manning. What I remember most about him was that fractured leg. It was one of those that looked like he had an extra joint where one isn't located. So was there really a guy named T.J. Green that ran a 4.34 forty time? I don't recall him.  :)~ ...

I hope you're just joking because most people around these parts know who TJ Green is. 

Archived