Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mahomes extended: 10 years, $450-503M

I think this is good news for the Colts.   I'm stretching a bit.

Watson may be looking for a huge contract with Houston soon.  He is singed for the next 2 seasons, but I bet he'll want an extension before that.  Houston will have to pay big bucks to keep him and eat some cap space in a few years.  

59 minutes ago, stitches said:

That was supposed to be Luck... and now I'm all types of sad again... :( 

I hope Luck is at home thinking the same thing.    He was going to have a huge contract.    He's young enough to still change his mind.   Sometime the thought of what that money can do can be motivating.

I don't see that happening though.   

17 minutes ago, Myles said:

I hope Luck is at home thinking the same thing.    He was going to have a huge contract.    He's young enough to still change his mind.   Sometime the thought of what that money can do can be motivating.

He was gonna get one of these deals if his arm didn't fall off, but Mahomes reset the market. Don't think Luck was going to do that.

Too bad for him, too bad for the fans. 

14 minutes ago, Superman said:

Irsay did say Luck was walking away from half a billion... I assumed he was exaggerating, but maybe not. 

Luck's next contract would have been negotiated at about the same time too. Either now or next year if he had kept his level of play from the last two seasons he played. Not sure he would have gotten the same number of years because he would have been 30 rather than Mahomes who is 24 now(25 during most of the season), but the per year contract IMO would have been similar. Maybe 7/320 or something of the sort...

31 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't think Luck is motivated by money past some point. He seems like the type who would be equally happy and comfortable both with the 100M he earned during his career and with the 500M he could have earned in the next 10 years. I think he's more likely to be jealous of the success and ability to play football pain free, than about Mahomes' contract. I don't think he's ever coming back, either. 

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

This country is so unfair. How will Patrick ever feed his family. He should of been a police officer. They have it made now days.

For that matter Kaepernick has it made too. His net worth has to be at least 30 Million? That is just a guess and he can't even play anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 10:02 AM, stitches said:

I don't think Luck is motivated by money past some point. He seems like the type who would be equally happy and comfortable both with the 100M he earned during his career and with the 500M he could have earned in the next 10 years. I think he's more likely to be jealous of the success and ability to play football pain free, than about Mahomes' contract. I don't think he's ever coming back, either. 

I hope he ends up jealous of Rivers and the great O-line and running game he gets to play with.  

Archived