Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chances of NFL playing in 2020 seem to be pretty decent

EastStreet

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I'd be surprised if there is a full season.   

I'm more excited about this Colts team than I have been about any team in several years.   I just hope we get to see them in action.   

No fans in the seats doesn't bother me.  Means I just won't go to my 1 game this year.  

Will the preseason games be eliminated first?

Probably 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, I feel that should the season even get to point of there being training camps underway, a player or two in more than a couple of camps flare up with this damn virus and it all comes to a screeching halt...

If the NFL just wants to do a phased approach of 25% capacity stadiums, I am fine with it. The question is, how they do they choose the fans then?

Heck, it may not be a bad idea to give free tickets for the first NFL game everywhere to medical healthcare workers who would actually obey the rules of social distancing while moving around the stadium to see how things go at that 25% capacity.

This seems to be good news. They are laying out plans. Texans have already hired someone for this. Also is a rumor colts will be playing GB at home on Mnf week 1. Seems the league is scheduling nfc against afc as the first few weeks in case anything has to be wiped out the most important games happen later.

Soon they may return to facilities.

Some interesting stuff here. If a couple governors give the nfl problems about playing games in their home stadiums they could end up making those teams play in a different state. They could use it as leverage to make these governors let them play. Say find if your state in CA won’t let them play in their stadium they will just play somewhere else.

I was listening to ESPN radio at lunch.  They were saying that the NFL is considering piping in crowd noise for the games without or with limited fans.  They said the NFL is claiming that it will be better for the TV viewing.   I think it is so that we won't hear the players cursing.  

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

I was listening to ESPN radio at lunch.  They were saying that the NFL is considering piping in crowd noise for the games without or with limited fans.  They said the NFL is claiming that it will be better for the TV viewing.   I think it is so that we won't hear the players cursing.  

Yeah I seen that tweet today. Something would need to be done if there are no fans. How do players get pumped up. It mentioned music and such. I think it will be ok if they can have limited fans. No fans though could be hard for players. Maybe have fans screaming up on the big screens or something.

It does seem like If they can keep players and coaches safe TC will open on time. 

Going to be Interesting  how college football handles everything.  Because that could effect the NFL draft in 2021.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah I seen that tweet today. Something would need to be done if there are no fans. How do players get pumped up. It mentioned music and such. I think it will be ok if they can have limited fans. No fans though could be hard for players. Maybe have fans screaming up on the big screens or something.

It does seem like If they can keep players and coaches safe TC will open on time. 

Going to be Interesting  how college football handles everything.  Because that could effect the NFL draft in 2021.

It might affect the supplemental draft in 2020 first.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I disagree.   The team should be able to pump themselves up for a competitive game.  We never had trouble in the back yard or the local basketball courts.  If they have to pump in noise, I think it is stupid.  

55 minutes ago, Myles said:

I disagree.   The team should be able to pump themselves up for a competitive game.  We never had trouble in the back yard or the local basketball courts.  If they have to pump in noise, I think it is stupid.  

You might be right. It’s hard for me to see how a player gets the juices going. If it comes down to no fans I think the nfl will figure something out to make it more exciting. Goodell has showed  he can be very forward thinking when it came to the draft. I do think if they can’t have full stadiums they will find away to have some fans.

14 hours ago, Myles said:

Agreed

If a player/coach can’t get prepared for a game not sure they belong in the game

So Goodell has changed his mind. Facilities can reopen on May 19th for rehab purposes only. Plus he isn’t waiting until every state to say it’s ok. The facility just has to have the states approval. This is a good first step. Hopefully we will see players allowed who aren’t rehabbing in the next few weeks. Right now only trainers and players who need rehab. No coaches or staff yet. This might also mean the rookies will be in for physicals.

On 5/14/2020 at 8:46 PM, Chloe6124 said:

You might be right. It’s hard for me to see how a player gets the juices going. If it comes down to no fans I think the nfl will figure something out to make it more exciting. Goodell has showed  he can be very forward thinking when it came to the draft. I do think if they can’t have full stadiums they will find away to have some fans.

This is good news, and hopefully a big step in the right direction

On 5/16/2020 at 9:38 AM, Chloe6124 said:

Not to inject politics here but the president is hoping to bring his rallies back this fall. If he can have rallies we can have fans in the stands.

Good point. I would be pretty surprised at this point if football is not back in full swing in July without fans. The NFL also has the benefit of watching the other sports leagues both in the US and around the world open first and sit back and collect the data for what will work vs what won't.

1 minute ago, FortheWin said:

Good point. I would be pretty surprised at this point if football is not back in full swing in July without fans. The NFL also has the benefit of watching the other sports leagues both in the US and around the world open first and sit back and collect the data for what will work vs what won't.

Yeah I think there is a pretty good chance training camps open on time. States are already saying teams can start playing again in their states with no fans. Hopefully by Sept we will at least have some fans.

It would be nice to have a mini camp in June. If there is no mini camp the coaches can’t contact the players again until TC. 

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah I think there is a pretty good chance training camps open on time. States are already saying teams can start playing again in their states with no fans. Hopefully by Sept we will at least have some fans.

It would be nice to have a mini camp in June. If there is no mini camp the coaches can’t contact the players again until TC. 

The NFL right now is saying players can go to facilities but not coaches due to competitive advantages. Hopefully all the states are open some time in June with the exception of CA as they seem determined to keep things shut down in terms of sports. The NFL may consider moving those teams out of state - San Fran, both LA teams.

1 minute ago, FortheWin said:

The NFL right now is saying players can go to facilities but not coaches due to competitive advantages. Hopefully all the states are open some time in June with the exception of CA as they seem determined to keep things shut down in terms of sports. The NFL may consider moving those teams out of state - San Fran, both LA teams.

MI, NY, WA state also need to be watched. I think by July though these governors will come to their senses.  They are talking about a vaccine hopefully by the fall too.

Archived